Manchester City banned from CL for 2 seasons and fined 30 million euros | CAS - Ban lifted, fined 10 million

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
City will challenge it. UEFA probably hoping that by giving a two year ban, even if it gets downgraded by the courts, it'll end a season long ban.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol::lol::lol:

But now they're surely destined to win it this season :(

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I honestly thought the "UEFA has it in for us" story was only coming from tinfoil hat wearing Bluemoon mentals. I didn't realise it was the official club line :lol:

dev1l

The ban will stand up in court, maybe reduced to one year on appeal. City aren’t the first side to be banned from Europe recently, been a few cases. It’s not a test case, there’s precedent so can’t see how City will win in court. Ac Milan were banned recently, city are just the first top team to be banned.
AC Milan accepted UEFA s decision and didn't appeal. City will lodge an appeal at CAS

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They will get this overturned.
It won't. Maybe a reduction but it'll still be a ban of some sort. It's been going on for ages

After what happened to Saracens in RU, there's no way the Court of Arbitration will let them off the hook

Greck

Actually more depressed that 5th could be a CL spot and we are unable to capitalise.

BlueHaze

I will put my celebrations on hold until the decision after their apeal has been made. If the decision by then is final then yeah, that's some good news. Feck them.

I give it a month before this is overturned and some UEFA execs get shiny new Ferraris.

Schmeichel=God

:lol: Well it's all happening on here; Liverpool fans ousted from the forum, City in European exile, me promoted.

What wonderful comfort this week has been during our dismal season so far :D

However, <5% of me holds out hope of this sticking. But if it does, my goodness, what happens with Guardiola, their key players, their immediate future?!

What about 5th place in the league!? ...Actually don't, we'd somehow contrive to mess even that up. Sods law has it Mourinho's Tottenham nick that.

Ighalo save us :D

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
UEFA say they overstated their sponsorship revenue in their accounts between 2012 and 2016.

Failed to cooperate with investigation

Get out of that you bitter cnuts

Stookie

Nurse bell end
It’s a good wind up from EUFA or whoever is in charge but they’ll appeal it and ultimately nothing will happen.

Schmeichel=God

Sancho ain't going there:lol:
One club down, one to go :devil:

I hope we as a club capitalise on this.
Too right. This is vitally important now. Chelsea and Arsenal struggling, Spurs possibly returning to mediocrity, City not as tantalising a prospect....so important we make the right moves if all this holds.

Sheffield United will be thrilled
Wow, could you imagine. There's already talk of Wilder deserving MOTY over Klopp for his achievements, but SU in the CL, lord. :eek: Straight out of my Championship Manager days that. (referencing CM days as if they're in the past....:nervous:)

So many knock ons if this is held.

But will their big players go. It's almost cliche esque about how players want champs league action. I don't personally believe it versus money.

Can we still miss out even with 5th getting in.

Very easily i think!!
Ain't there just. If it was two years I feel there'd be a chance of some top players leaving. But with the general consensus being they'll end up with just one, I can then see most players staying and just focusing on removing Liverpool from their pedestal.

If it was to be two years then the definitely cliche esq statements of "I need CL football" would become poignant....that is before the ghost of Wayne Bridge rears itself and money proves itself king.

Last edited:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Whether it’s right or wrong, I never for a second believed UEFA would do it.

Now I don’t believe an appeal won’t be successful.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It won't. Maybe a reduction but it'll still be a ban of some sort. It's been going on for ages

After what happened to Saracens in RU, there's no way the Court of Arbitration will let them off the hook
That is a good point. It's a serious precedent in a big sport league.

Suv666

Has this happened before why are people confident it will be overturned? I dont remember any such incidence.

mwake

Supports
Liverpool
I can't remember the article but apparently one of Citys Lawyers said they had enough cash to keep this beef with Ufea by going in the courts and eventually bankrupt Ufea into submission, and if that didn't work they would basically do what the premier league did to the FA and get the top European clubs to leave CL and start their own super league.

Son

They have blatantly cheated for years. The deserve absolutely everything they get. Good riddance.

Shame is we won’t be able to capitalise on their cheating ways making our season even worse.

pseudo_canadian

It'll 100% get turned over though, right.
Maybe. Though it would be odd for them to overturn a precedent-setting punishment against one of the world’s biggest/most known clubs. Think UEFA is looking to make a statement, and they wouldn’t want that to be diluted in any way.