Manchester City banned from CL for 2 seasons and fined 30 million euros | CAS - Ban lifted, fined 10 million

KekiZeki

It serves them right, it very well does! Now our 5'th spot means something, doesn't it?
All you nay sayers out there should eat your humble soup. Ole is f'n doing it!

Irrational.

Even their statement is so bitter and small time :lol::lol:

I wonder how much their 'fans' will boo the UEFA anthem at their next CL game.

Finally, their inflated underwear sponsorship deals have come back to bite them on their arse.

Will be beautiful if this sticks and Pep leaves. Feck 'em.

If UEFA award their spot to 5th place they may yet save Ole's job too. :nervous:

To Bluemoon!!

Happy Valentine's Day lads!

MoXoM

Great - but my gut-feeling is that City will appeal and will get the decision overturned...

The Irish Connection

Yes!! Was hoping this would happen for years but expecting it wouldn't. A bit of justice restored to the game. pisses all over their premier league's now.

Deery

Dreary
Pep will probably leave but I see him leaving anyway 3-year thing, but the players will all stay stating loyalty but getting payed 100’s of thousands..

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Saint Pep should resign on moral outrage.

C'est Moi Cantona

If someone had told them in 2008 that 12 years down the line this would be their big punishment, I'm sure they'd have bitten your hand off.

They should just accept it as lenient and feck off.

brontus

In all likelihood, Manchester City will still participate in the 2020-2021 Champions league as they've just announced they're going to appeal; and the appeal process as usual, will be dragged out.

Then somewhere next season after the appeal comes to a close, the appeals court would increase their fine and reduce their ban to a year or cancel it entirely.

Personally, I think their ban will be reduced to a 1 year (2021-2022 season) and the 30M fine would also be reduced to 8M-15M.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
City are cheating twats
But we already knew

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Brown bags will change hand, they will win their appeal and it will be reduced from 2 years down to 6 months and they will be allowed to start their Champions League campaign in February next year.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Couldn't happen to a nicer club. I hope they get PSG next. States have no business owning football clubs.
Not gonna happen as PSG is within FFP and just were announced as the club with the most financial power. They reduced their debt by 70m while City increased theirs by 90. The clubs are run very differently and PSG is currently self-sustainable without resorting to the use of Qatar's 'sponsors'. Anything can happen, I suppose, but PSG is not run the same way as City, they're becoming a global brand with the Jordan partnership, and if they're ever strapped for cash, they got Neymar/Mbappe that will eventually command the GDP of a small country.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Two year ban instead of one is significant. Means they are serious. City will obviously appeal, and it will get knocked down to one year, but they'll still suffer a ban

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Looking forward to the outcome of the Premier league's investigation now.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Honestly this is lenient, they’ve been cooking the books for the best part of a decade

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I must say I'm still surprised to see the UEFA actually do something :lol:
Two years is quite a long time for elite players (and an elite coach, at that) to be away from that competition, I wonder whether City will lose a few people.

RoyH1

Not gonna happen as PSG is within FFP and just were announced as the club with the most financial power. They reduced their debt by 70m while City increased theirs by 90. The clubs are run very differently and PSG is currently self-sustainable without resorting to the use of Qatar's 'sponsors'. Anything can happen, I suppose, but PSG is not run the same way as City, they're becoming a global brand with the Jordan partnership, and if they're ever strapped for cash, they got Neymar/Mbappe that will eventually command the GDP of a small country.
By some website for the love of god

Their initial investment/injection of funds was completely outside the means of a club with the poor football history of PSG ( in European terms). UEFA should not let this stand. States have no business owning clubs.

flappyjay

If the ban stays, I don’t think most of their players will want to stay. This decision has ramifications on their ability to compete for the next 2 years.
An no ucl money makes it harder to spend big whilst staying within ffp rules I would imagine.

Steven-UK

This is how it feels to be City,
This is how it feels to be small,
This is how it feels when your passport's back in the drawer,
Back in the drawer,
Back in the drawer...

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Didn’t know that. What is CAS?
The Court of Arbitration for Sport, it's an independant body established to settle disputes related to sport through arbitration. So far, they've ruled in favor of UEFA in some cases, against in others and we don't have any element showing they are biased in any way.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Probably will get overturned given thhe corruption involved.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wow. I'm impressed by UEFA. I thought they'd roll over when City threatened them with divisions of elite legal teams to ruin them.

Regardless of the appeal process, this is a big move by UEFA. The integrity of the sport has been undermined massively. Hope there'll be more clean-up operations forthcoming (agent fees next I'd hope).

Zed 101

Amazing news! Pep out at the end of the season then. Never thought I'd see the day that UEFA actually clamped down on FFP. Makes me glad that we've got the owners we have
Its not our owners, our club generates the revenue our owners leech it out and leave just enough in to tick over

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Their pasties in the British press will be in uproar in the upcoming days.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Too good to be true.
I think they'll take it to Cas like us(Milan) and "solve" this somehow.
and here it is

Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity.

City could easily force UEFA to overturn this through CAS, like Milan did in 2018, because UEFA doesn't have the right to exclude clubs on these grounds. The club decided to accept UEFA's "punishment" the following year because it only meant a one year exclusion from Europa League - a competiton which they didn't even want to participate in - and then a clean slate afterwards.

stepic

PL should strip their league wins too while they’re at it. Cheating bastards.

LoCalXT

Ok who forgot to hit send on the last wire transfer to UEFA

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Let's hope any appeals process is finished by the end of the season so we know where we stand. This could be hugely beneficial to us regardless of our dislike for city