Manchester City banned from CL for 2 seasons and fined 30 million euros | CAS - Ban lifted, fined 10 million

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Reports from City are still absolutely adamant that they have the proof to overturn the ban. Guess we’ll find out fairly soon. My instinct is City are deliberately overstating the strength of its case for whatever reason, but I suspect there’ll be enough to persuade CAS to reduce it to one-year.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
City bribe CAS

CAS uphold decision

Turns out Newcastle's new owners bribed CAS even more

Thank you for reading my fanfiction

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Reports from City are still absolutely adamant that they have the proof to overturn the ban. Guess we’ll find out fairly soon. My instinct is City are deliberately overstating the strength of its case for whatever reason, but I suspect there’ll be enough to persuade CAS to reduce it to one-year.
Where are these reports?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Where are these reports?
Pretty much every report on it since the story broke comments that City are absolutely adamant that they are not guilty of what UEFA allege and have a strong body of evidence to refute the allegations. There's still nothing about what this evidence is but more recent reports have said that City's position remains absolutely the same. As I've said we'll find out how true it is soon enough.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Pretty much every report on it since the story broke comments that City are absolutely adamant that they are not guilty of what UEFA allege and have a strong body of evidence to refute the allegations. There's still nothing about what this evidence is but more recent reports have said that City's position remains absolutely the same. As I've said we'll find out how true it is soon enough.
How can it get so far if they did nothing wrong?

arnie_ni

If there is a ban it better not be dated as in 2021 to 2022.

It should be worded to be 2 seasons.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wouldn't be surprised if the ban is wiped out altogether.
They must have some incredible evidence to even charge them, then issue a 2 year ban.

There's no way they'll get off scot free, as Uefa will just look two bit ponies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surely you didn't expect City to say, you've got us, we've been over inflating fan figures, sponsorship deals, and under quoting wages for years, surely?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
How can it get so far if they did nothing wrong?
City have obviously done ‘something wrong’, the point that will be tested at CAS is precisely what that is, how UEFA have reached that judgement, and how reasonable the punishment is.

Surely you didn't expect City to say, you've got us, we've been over inflating fan figures, sponsorship deals, and under quoting wages for years, surely?
Well, obviously (although you’ve invented the fan figures part of the case, and it’s not about the sponsorships being inflated but the real source of the money).
What I am saying is that the forcefulness of City’s stance is striking. The initial response attacked UEFA’s integrity. This is not the formulaic and bland refutation of the allegations that you’d expect.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Unfortunately it's not what you know but what you can prove, hopefully UEFA had enough proof to ban these cnuts legitimately, as everyone and their dog knows that piss ant of a club wouldn't be where they are now without their sugar daddies ploughing money into them via "sponsorship".

Add to the fact that they have a "lower wage" bill than most of the top four while none of their star players look elsewhere, then Mancini having two wages for two separate roles etc.

Seeing that this forum doesn't have to submit evidence to call City for what they are, I have no idea why City fans are harping on about where UEFA got the evidence from when debating - yes you're more than likely going to get off scott free, but that doesnt change the fact that your club has in fact broken the rules and that City represent what most fans hate about football.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
City have obviously done ‘something wrong’, the point that will be tested at CAS is precisely what that is, how UEFA have reached that judgement, and how reasonable the punishment is.

Well, obviously (although you’ve invented the fan figures part of the case, and it’s not about the sponsorships being inflated but the real source of the money).
What I am saying is that the forcefulness of City’s stance is striking. The initial response attacked UEFA’s integrity. This is not the formulaic and bland refutation of the allegations that you’d expect.
I've invented the inflation of figures?

It's been a running joke for years about the empty seats in your ground, yet you'd never know it from the figures.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I've invented the inflation of figures?

It's been a running joke for years about the empty seats in your ground, yet you'd never know it from the figures.
Yes, your post suggested that City apparently inflating attendances has been part of UEFA’s case when it is not.

TheReligion

Abusive
If the club and fans hate UEFA so much surely a ban from European football would be welcomed as it would mean the don't have to play in their competition?

iHicksy

Ironic that City's banner reads Power, Corruption and lies since that's how they've gained their recent success. It should be their slogan.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Don’t mock, you haven’t seen it yet. When you do I’m sure you’ll change your mind. It’s a sophisticated and damning caricature of UEFA, I assure you.
:lol:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
That is absolutely pathetic. City are such a massive irritant.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The worst part about it is that they haven't even been particularly good in Europe while cheating but still think that it's to stop them, not because they are cheaters.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
They received over £8,000 in donations for what looks like a hand-drawn picture of the cast of The Muppets, I’d like to see the receipts for that if I’d donated.
Blimey! :D

I've got little faith in people-power, mate - after all, our RAWK thread posts didn't stop Liverpool winning the Champions League.
*sobs*