Manchester City reports revenue of £570M for 20/21. A season without fans.

Zevvythered

It’s okay - he’ll be their manager soon :cool:
Oh I hope so!!! Maybe needs to give David Moyes a phone to see if he still has the Phil Jagielka videos to show to VD :lol:
In all honesty wouldit be harder taken over from Sir Alex or Bleach Teeth??

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The PL don't care anyway. They're getting their 2 head to head rivals fighting to the finish.

Journalists are trying to build up this Sundays game as the 'biggest ever pl match' which just shows how bonkers it all is.

Sooner or later City will win 7/8 league titles in a row with little competition, and the allure of the PL will collapse.

Flexdegea

Where is all the City Trolls who normally pop up in these threads to tell us its all ok.

Laughable they made that sort of turnover during covid, when they can't even fill their stadium. Bonkers it not even mentioned more on sky.

Surprised Neville and carragher not pointing it out weekly.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
The PL don't care anyway. They're getting their 2 head to head rivals fighting to the finish.

Journalists are trying to build up this Sundays game as the 'biggest ever pl match' which just shows how bonkers it all is.

Sooner or later City will win 7/8 league titles in a row with little competition, and the allure of the PL will collapse.
Sooner or later? I'm already almost done with the PL (and CL). Even after winning our first ever PL title, following a 30 year drought, I didn't experience the euphoria I was hoping for. Even my WUMs on Redcafe are lacklustre compared to 10 years ago.

I have always had football in my life, I wonder where I can channel my passion now? :( Hopefully there will be some breakaway English league, with little money, where a club like Liverpool Athletic play, managed by an old LFC player.

macheda14

Sooner or later? I'm already almost done with the PL (and CL). Even after winning our first ever PL title, following a 30 year drought, I didn't experience the euphoria I was hoping for. Even my WUMs on Redcafe are lacklustre compared to 10 years ago.

I have always had football in my life, I wonder where I can channel my passion now? :( Hopefully there will be some breakaway English league, with little money, where a club like Liverpool Athletic play, managed by an old LFC player.
I do think this can be explained about the circumstances in which you won. Behind closed doors, no parades, after a big break in the season halting the momentum, people focused on the whole pandemic etc. As much as United fans liked to joke about it, from a more balanced perspective I do feel bad that the biggest moment in 30 years was kind of drowned out / diluted by a bloody global pandemic.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Stopping them doping was impossible the moment they were allowed to buy the club. There are million ways they can funnel money into the club. It's a thankless task,

tomaldinho1

Where is all the City Trolls who normally pop up in these threads to tell us its all ok.

Laughable they made that sort of turnover during covid, when they can't even fill their stadium. Bonkers it not even mentioned more on sky.

Surprised Neville and carragher not pointing it out weekly.
Neville the ‘hero’ who stood against the ESL or simply the Sky paid lackey who realised his employer were about to lose their cash cow.

Flexdegea

Neville the ‘hero’ who stood against the ESL or simply the Sky paid lackey who realised his employer were about to lose their cash cow.

surely he all over this one but have a feeling he won't be

Denis79

Stopping them doping was impossible the moment they were allowed to buy the club. There are million ways they can funnel money into the club. It's a thankless task,
Pretty much this.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

That will never happen. Pep won't be around for much longer, and a bigger financial behemoth is going to make what's happening at City look like child's play in a few years.

Any team not named Newcastle or City winning the league if measures aren't put in place to stop them, is what will be remote.

But City grease pockets; Newcastle will bring an oil tanker and dunk the corrupt in it head first.

Adam-Utd

That will never happen. Pep won't be around for much longer, and a bigger financial behemoth is going to make what's happening at City look like child's play in a few years.

Any team not named Newcastle or City winning the league if measures aren't put in place to stop them, is what will be remote.

But City grease pockets; Newcastle will bring an oil tanker and dunk the corrupt in it head first.
Yes I forgot about Newcastle, perhaps we will have a 2 dead horse race then.

Sounds like Pep is about to sign a new 2-3 year deal, so don't be expecting them to drop away any time soon.

SuperiorXI

Newcastle will end up being even worse I fear. But at least they're not our city rivals. It'll be fun watching the city fans (if you can find them) try to criticise the Geordies.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Newcastle will end up being even worse I fear. But at least they're not our city rivals. It'll be fun watching the city fans (if you can find them) try to criticise the Geordies.
Absolutely. All the Emirates are slaves to their Saudi boss. Expect Pep to hop over to Newcastle shortly.

Oranges038

Yes I forgot about Newcastle, perhaps we will have a 2 dead horse race then.

Sounds like Pep is about to sign a new 2-3 year deal, so don't be expecting them to drop away any time soon.
Some say he's been offered big money to go to Brazil.

He's apparently denied it.

He's said himself he'll need a break after 7 years at City. But has also said he'll make a decision at the end of the season.

Adam-Utd

Some say he's been offered big money to go to Brazil.

He's apparently denied it.

He's said himself he'll need a break after 7 years at City. But has also said he'll make a decision at the end of the season.
Yeah I read they'd given him a big offer but he turned it down, we shall see.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
If the Newcastle debacle has taught me anything, it’s that you can spend boatloads to fund a team, but because you use an intermediary, technically you haven’t really done spent anything. So Pep can easily claim he hasn’t spent even a second thinking about it by the same mechanism.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The pl need to stamp down on this if they can prove it. For me I'd go.

No transfers 2 years for no.1.
40 point deduction and forced to sell the club for no.2 and 3 given what was handed out in Italy.
If it can be held up in court of course.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

40 point deduction and forced to sell the club for no.2 and 3 given what was handed out in Italy.
A brave soul dared to suggest this on bluemoon, and he was pounced on immediately with the biggest forum pile on I've seen in a while :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
A brave soul dared to suggest this on bluemoon, and he was pounced on immediately with the biggest forum pile on I've seen in a while :lol:
I'm afraid to read that place sometimes, I'm seen as a united fan over there by a few. I hate city apparently.

If they're guilty than they have to go, football needs cleaning up and I think the Roman thing should be the start, but I hope it's consistent, across the board for everyone.

SuperiorXI

I'm afraid to read that place sometimes, I'm seen as a united fan over there by a few. I hate city apparently.

If they're guilty than they have to go, football needs cleaning up and I think the Roman thing should be the start, but I hope it's consistent, across the board for everyone.
They were already proven guilty (it was just considered time-barred :houllier:)

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Don't worry, you'll be very euphoric when Liverpool win the quadruple this season!

padr81

Supports
Man City
They were already proven guilty (it was just considered time-barred :houllier:)
Actually the time barred thing is a bit of a myth for example in the CAS case the biggest piece of evidence (the Aabar letter) was admissible and successfully argued against by Cities legal team because the letter was sent before FFP even existed or some silly legal nonsense. I can't remember the whole thing of my head but I believe it was more to do with the hacking than time barring.

Only 11-13 were time barred but the 13/14 season wasn't.

Last edited:

Fridge chutney

Well said. And fair play to you.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Think we all know you’re a closet rag anyway mate, it’s an open secret, why else would you spend so much time on a United forum?

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Don't worry, you'll be very euphoric when Liverpool win the quadruple this season!
You'd think I would, but it could also signal the end of football for me. We'd have done it all pretty much.

caid

Fair play. I agree but beyond getting the worst examples out of the game, I'm not sure what the solution to that is. There aren't many club owners who are suitable. The game as a whole needs much better leadership. It needs an intervention at this point because its impossible to believe FIFA or anyone else involved will make the necessary changes.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Think we all know you’re a closet rag anyway mate, it’s an open secret, why else would you spend so much time on a United forum?
I have a crush on Harry Maguire.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I have a crush on Harry Maguire.
Well obviously, all that commotion in Greece was because the common folk thought they’d seen Zeus in the flesh, turns out it was just Maguire after a Skittle Bomb.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Fair play. I agree but beyond getting the worst examples out of the game, I'm not sure what the solution to that is. There aren't many club owners who are suitable. The game as a whole needs much better leadership. It needs an intervention at this point because its impossible to believe FIFA or anyone else involved will make the necessary changes.
Yup I agree, when I say other examples I mean not boot every owner but maybe push for the 50 + 1 thats in Germany. After the human rights abusers I'd go for owners in the style Berlusconi and his ilk (even though he's already gone). That combined with warnings to sponsors (for example Apple or Sony that their employee conditions are unacceptable). It would be a radical change long term but starting with owners would be a start.

RoyH1

Just ban ownership by state owned investment funds or publicly owned companies. You're either a privately owned club or owned by your fans/members, or a combination of both. Nation states have no business owning football clubs in foreign countries for self aggrandisement.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They need to be clamped down on....

as soon as Liverpool get crap again and we're not relying on City stopping them winning stuff.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just ban ownership by state owned investment funds or publicly owned companies. You're either a privately owned club or owned by your fans/members, or a combination of both. Nation states have no business owning football clubs in foreign countries for self aggrandisement.
On this one I'm gonna disagree its a bit hypocritical to let say Saudi's not own a club but let clubs be sponsored by Saudi Telecom or Commercial Bank of Qatar. It should be either all or nothing if these people aren't wanted till they change their ways.