Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I'm sure they won't win the league now, nine points behind Chelsea who have got all the momentum. Only Liverpool can feasibly stop Chelsea winning this league now.

padr81

Supports
Man City
We're 10 points behind, its done for us. 2 horse race.

Oscie

The opposite of Mourinho. One inherited a club that needed work and although it took time to implement changes things are now starting to improve. The other went into essentially a ready-made set up and it started well but now the influence is being felt results are turning sour.

Drainy

The opposite of Mourinho. One inherited a club that needed work and although it took time to implement changes things are now starting to improve. The other went into essentially a ready-made set up and it started well but now the influence is being felt results are turning sour.
Not saying that City weren't overall in better shape before the transfer window, but they finished level on points with us last year. They also needed a lot of work- not 'the opposite'.

They are threatening in the attacking areas, but average in midfield and defence.

3KDré

What happened to their inverted fullbacks, 5 attacking 5 defending?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They were never good in the first place and as soon as the form of de bruyne silva and fernandinho began to dip, they started losing games, lost confidence and reverted to being the very limited players they've always been

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Wouldn't surprise me if he's just frustrated at Fernandinho. Idiot challenge in absolutely no danger.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
I got nauseous from the camera panning left and right following Pep.

Fener1907

Is he okay? They need a helpline for some of these Premier League managers. They don't look or sound very comfortable under the pressure of the media, who, let's be fair, are a load of cnuts.

Revan

Assumptionman
He's getting in my tits with the passive aggressive strategy in addition to thinking that he's a genius and everyone else is an idiot.

And yep Pep, you have to understand the rules in England, not the other way around.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I think that's a good interview personally. Don't get me wrong, the process is odd and there's language issues in there but the point is made and he sticks it straight back to the press. It reminds me of early Jose.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I think that's a good interview personally. Don't get me wrong, the process is odd and there's language issues in there but the point is made and he sticks it straight back to the press. It reminds me of early Jose.
Yep, I feel the same. I've felt disconnected from City for quite a while but interviews like that will bring me back onside.

As for you lot celebrating us missing Fernandinho, he'll obviously be a big miss but we're actually a better side with Fernando in it. He sits in front of the defence and protects it, and in big games we'll need just that.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Yep, I feel the same. I've felt disconnected from City for quite a while but interviews like that will bring me back onside.

As for you lot celebrating us missing Fernandinho, he'll obviously be a big miss but we're actually a better side with Fernando in it. He sits in front of the defence and protects it, and in big games we'll need just that.
I like the obvious frustration he's shown there in that interview too. We battled with 10 men to win a game, showing good character in the process. Yet, he's unhappy because we aren't playing the way he wants. That attitude will drive us forward in the long run.

Fernandinho needs to get his head together. That's his third red card this season, completely unacceptable.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Change of subject but how confident are people that we can catch City? There's no reason why we can't but I just think they have that extra bit of quality in their squad. It's a tough ask but there's obviously a chance, it would be absolutely fecking brilliant to steal their CL spot.

On the topic of Pep, this Mourinho quote seems to be relevant right now:

'When you enjoy what you do, you don't lose your hair, and Guardiola is bald. He doesn't enjoy football.'