Kick-off
Sun, 2 November 2014 @ 1:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 52 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mayonnaise

Di maria should of pushed up the byline more, it's like he's forgot how to play as a winger.

Deep too often for me.

SecondFig

have to disagree, clearly shows he kicks his thigh, and yaya looks off balance before the contact comes.. dunno wat else thier is to say,
    probably by rights it should have been a penalty, but i dodnt think yaya had is body balanced enough to take advatage of the chance anyway
    Oh, that's alright then - so from now on if a player "looks off balance" it's not a foul? That was a clear foul anywhere else on the pitch, Oliver bottled it because he'd already sent off Smalling (didn't have any choice) and didn't want to send off Rojo and give a penalty.

FFS the matchday threads are dire

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    Smalling needs to be fined the maximum possible and dropped for three games. He's dropped us right in the shit simply from being an idiot
    Absolutely right! Especially at a crucial time when we need points on the board. What about that he doesn't understand?????

Kearnkoff69

Some real doom mongers in here. We've not looked bad - a huge step up from the dross we saw last season against the big boys. We'll tighten things up and park the bus, and lose one or two nil and then move on. With 11 men on the pitch we could've snatched a win.

ninety

It's interesting, I always thought of Smalling when he was coming through a few years ago as a calm type of defender in the Rio Ferdinand mould. Hasn't looked that way at all this season.

Him and Rojo don't look a great combination.

JonDahl

Even against City and homer Oliver, we can nick a goal on the break or from a set piece. Just need to keep them out for long enough for them to get frustrated.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
    Scout
    This is going to be a long half. Going to be very difficult to get anything out of this game now

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    I know mus people will say Smalling was stupid - and I am not a great fan of his - but is the first one really a booking offence? Blocking Hart miles up the park? Hardly serious and they had at least one with a foul on RvP further up the field which did not result in yellow card. Have to say, I'd have preferred to see McNair to Carrick coming on. He's a more natural CB and it's asking a lot of Carrick to play his first game of the season in the wrong position,,,

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Just remember everyone, try to keep some perspective here if we lose. We've always been shite vs city since they got rich. Even harder with 10 men.

Oddboy

And Zabaleta for early in the half but then the ref was "letting the game flow early on"
    Yeah absolutely moronic. Why should they get away with it just because it was early in the game... Then go and give yellows to us for first time offences anyway.

Second-half kick-off

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
    I'm usually an optimist, but i can't see a way out for us, one of those chances will go in.

We played well up to the red card, but stupidity will cost us the game, what was smalling thinking? stupid for the first yellow and stupid for the second.

We also keep fouling players in the box and getting away with it, that needs to stop.
    It's just annoying that every game we say this. Stupid defending. If we defend badly, it's understandable because our defence is shit. But the stupid decisions are just baffling. Non leaguers would know better.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
    Oh dear.. if we pulled this off with 3pts, I believe we're gonna achieve something.

If not, it's going to be a very rocky season
    We're not going to get 3 points. These days its virtually impossible to win with 10 men especially against a top team.

We'll be lucky if we get a draw and that requires City playing quite badly. If we get a draw it will be a win really.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
    Maybe you're watching a different replay them. He gets his leg between Yaya's and kicks the ball away and Toure is already falling over like a flailing sally.
    agree that he is already falling and wouldnt have scored
    but replays ive seen shows his leg go through toures and up and kicks his thigh.

so i stick with the view that he kicked his leg, but yaya wouldnt have scored anyway

Shyftyy

Will be interesting to see what van Gaal does. I think Rooney is coming back too often. He should stay higher up the pitch to make City more nervous about the counter. If we park the bus we are bound to lose in my opinion.

Blue always red

Just remember everyone, try to keep some perspective here if we lose. We've always been shite vs city since they got rich. Even harder with 10 men.
    This. Take comfort in the fact we looked good on the attack bar the final ball and that will come as the forwards play together more.

do9

We must, just must buy TWO world class defenders. New central pair. Evans, smalling and jones on transfer list. Rojo backup solution with blackett .

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    Can't see us holding out. But boy if we could nick something it would be unreal

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
    Rooney has been very poor. He hasn't been getting in RVP's way like normal but he's been in Di Maria's way all match.

Fellaini offers very little, still. As soon as he got near Aguero in the box everyone knew he would kick him. So slow.

Valencia is not a very good right back. Our team is so much worse without Rafael it's ridiculous.

Sid234

If it weren't for the ref we'd be 2-0 down and playing with 9 men! 2nd half is going to be brutal to watch especially if we start playing like headless chicken!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw