Kick-off
Sat, 7 December 2019 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    .............VS...............

Date - Saturday, December 07 2019

Kickoff Time - 1730 Hrs GMT
    Venue - Etihad Stadium, Manchester

League standings and form guide

6. Manchester United: LWDDW
    3. Manchester City: WLWDW

Previous League Meetings

Manchester United 0—2 Manchester City

Manchester City 3—1 Manchester United

Manchester City 2—3 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—2 Manchester City

Manchester City 0—0 Manchester United

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 62
    Manchester City wins: 47
    Draws: 51

Pre-Match Pressers

Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Pep Guardiola

Team News

Manchester United

Eric Bailly, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, Marcos Rojo, Paul Pogba and Diogo Dalot ruled out. Anthony Martial and Nemanja Matić doubtful.

Manchester City

Leroy Sané, Aymeric Laporte, Oleksandr Zinchenko and Sergio Agüero ruled out.

Know the opposition

Manchester City Football Club (nicknamed City, The Citizens, and The Sky Blues), are a professional football club based in Manchester, England. City were founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton), before being renamed as Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887, and finally Manchester City in 1894 - and the origins can be traced back to members of St. Mark's Church of England, West Gorton — who founded the football club that would become known as Manchester City, for largely humanitarian purposes. Two church wardens sought to curb local gang violence and alcoholism by instituting new activities for local men, whilst high unemployment plagued East Manchester, specifically Gorton. All men were welcome to join, regardless of religion.

The team's first recorded match occurred on 13 November 1880, and City gained their first honors by winning the Second Division in 1899 — with it came promotion to the highest level in English football, the First Division. In the seasons following the FA Cup triumph of 1904, the club was dogged by allegations of financial irregularities, culminating in the suspension of seventeen players in 1904, including captain Billy Meredith, who subsequently moved across town to Manchester United. Almost half a century later later, a City team inspired by a tactical system known as the Revie Plan reached consecutive FA Cup finals again, in 1955 and 1956; just as in the 1930s, they lost the first one, to Newcastle United, and won the second. The club continued to challenge for honors throughout the 1970s, finishing one point behind the league champions on two occasions and reaching the final of the 1974 League Cup.

Prior to the takeover by the Abu Dhabi United Group in 2008, the club had enjoyed moderate levels of success through their history — however, since the start of the current decade, City have been buoyed by the signings of Sergio Agüero, Yaya Touré, David Silva, Vincent Kompany — and have emerged as perpetual title contenders Vincent Kompany winning the league four times and repeatedly finishing in the Top 3. City play their homes games at the Etihad Stadium, and their biggest rivals are neighbors and opponents for the game, Manchester United.

Referee

Anthony Taylor.

Familiar Faces

Brian Kidd (1963-1974 and 1988-1998)

Last edited by a moderator:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Didn't realise this was so soon after tonight. A win here could do wonders for us, Liverpool are winning the league anyway so I'm not fussed about that conversation.

Raw

Worried about this but perhaps our performances against the better teams will pull us through.

At least I won't have to feel so guilty about the possibility of taking points off them, Liverpool have already won the title anyway :lol:

prateik

Away against the champions.. and a much better side despite their recent hiccups. .

This is a write off unfortunately. Anything would be a bonus..

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
    Best chance we've had in a Derby in years it feels like. I feel we have more of a chance in this game than we did in the Pogba derby which we won :lol:

We probably will loose though

Irwin99

no, no, no, wrong, should be: They will smash us, we get stuffed, Pep will destroy us, and so on.
    This above does not make me happy.
    Well.....I'm actually a bit worried about fatigue and the fact City have 24 hours on us but I didn't wanna be too negative after the win, but now that you mention it :lol: :nervous: . Would be interested to see our running stats after the Spurs game because we dominated them pretty much the whole game.

AgentP

We might get absolutely destroyed but City haven't been that dominant at home compared to previous seasons. This game might actually suit our style of play. If we can grab the first goal, we can probably nick it.

Reddevil1978

I think Ole will go with the same team as Tottenham with Shaw coming in for Young.

zenith

I hate the sense of optimism before such matches. Whenever, I have been positive of our chances for any reason, we've ended up losing our dropping points.

So I'm just predicting a loss for us here. City are too strong for us at the moment and we are still very short of some key players.

El Zoido

Should be the same team as last night. Think we’ll lose though.

Bwuk

Same team as last night assuming Martial/Pogba aren't available.

Alabaster Codify7

Free pass this for Ole, I don't see him winning but I see us putting in a decent enough shift. The following games are the real test.

------------------------------------DDG-----------------------------------------
    AWB--------------Lindelöf----------Maguire-----------------Shaw
    ---------------------McTominay-----Fred------------------------------
    --------------------------------Lingard-------------------------------------
    James--------------------Greenwood---------------------Rashford

SUBS - Martial (Greenwood), Pereira (Lingard), Young (Shaw)

Man City 2 - 1 Man United
    Rashford

Jonno

They aint catching Liverpool. Which removes the shackles in my head of hoping we win but at the cost of helping Liverpool.

Lets smash em.

Ole does well in these games, lets see if he can out-tactic one of the best in the game.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
    Scout
    One apiece is what I'm optimistically expecting. We'll be out of possession for long periods so I hope we can stay defensively compact and break on them with skill and pace. I wouldn't mind giving Greenwood the nod again; I hope he'd be cool with being out of the game for the most part but I'd trust him to stick a chance away if he got one.

KirkDuyt

Supports
    Feyenoord
    So, any people hoping City wins so they don't lose sight of Pool even further?

Alemar

Will Pogba be ready for the game? Slot him in instead of Lingard, and there could be a good game

Lynty

On the basis of PSG last year and his performance last night - Fred is turning into the most important player in these big matches. Hopefully he's everywhere again.

AWB to pocket Sterling.

Dan James is due a goal or two.

Rashford thinks he's CR7

I predict a thrilling draw.

Nickelodeon

There will be periods in the game where City will be completely on top. If we can be mature without the ball, then we have a chance. Fred, McT and the CBs need to be extremely alert and have to avoid any lapses in concentration while we need James, Rashford and the striker to be sharp enough to create chances on the counter.

A good quality number 10 can be a game changer for us in retaining and distributing the ball. Pogba could be that guy but more likely is that Pereira / Lingard will be doing their usual random routine.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
    If Pogba and Martial are fit, to a reasonable sharpness, the I think we are favourites to win. No Aguero and a dodgy defence makes them a lot less scary.

SER19

Would take any point on offer, a flying rashford and James might get at them who knows.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50% of 531 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.

Score Predictions