Sat, 7 December 2019 @ 5:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
    Those two fecking draws against Sheffield Utd and Villa are even more sickening now. :mad:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    What a win! A game that felt like it was from the era of these two:

Reactions: SteveJ

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
    I think what we saw was Ole's Phase 1 and chopping off the deadwood and players who dont want to play for the badge.

We saw the commitment, blocking, throwing their bodies into the shots etc.

eltigreFalcao

Fred, AWB, James, Rashford, Martial, McDominate, De Gea.... all stepping up, great game, great win, we managed our resources well, played some very nice football for some periods of time, defended really well for some others. So pleased to see this game and get this win. COME ON UNITED!

NewGlory

Today is such an awesome day! Amazing win, first back-to-back win since March, and to make things even better – Chelsea unexpectedly lost today, so not only we are No5, but we closed the gap on top 4 and if we don't become stupid again - could totally do it this year. This team, today's team, mid-week team vs Spurs, deserves to be top 4. Yes we have problems with the depth of the squad but DAMN are we good when we try! <3 United!

NewGlory

AWB and Fred and McTom were very very good
    yes, plus Dave the Save doing his old magic. Dan James had his best match probably, and let's not forget Martial or Rashford who actually scored.

simonhch

Horrible boss
    Supports
    Urban Combat Preparedness
    Really sensational today. Entire team was fantastic. The way Fred has come on is game changing for our midfield.

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
    Rashford was phenomenal again! He's reminding me more and more of Ronaldo. Dan James, Fred, McT, Lindelof, all terrific today. Lingard had a good game too I think. Our season is looking a little rosier now, need to follow it up with another win next week. Buzzing today though - great response this week after the disappointment of last weekend!

NewGlory

this. Who’d have thought we’d get 6 points at home to spurs and away to city
    Nobody. Where are those TV "pundits" yapping yesterday that we'd lose big to City?

Kick them out, those useless morons.

cyberman

The widemen kept the FB pinned and Rodri couldnt cover the ground needed o even attempt a tackle.

James pace must send shivers down defenders spines. Even just standing still he has to be covered.

Motorman

Exactly, the lads have worked extremely hard here and whatever the final score need to be praised for effort.

Many have said before they don't care about the loss if the effort and application are there.
    Thats me also. I want effort for the shirt the minimum expectation to allow us to build a solid foundation.

Regardless of what the scores would have been today and Wednesday. Genuinely proud of the effort shown in these games by the lads. I hope we keep it up as being outworked is the only thing that doesnt require skill or talent so there really is no excuse.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
    Supports
    Man City
    Not much to say about the game. We're poor against teams who are effective on the counter and need to sort out that side of our game, you're at your best when you're up against teams who leave gaps at the back and you took advantage. That result was always likely.

Football aside, if that City fan is ever allowed to set foot inside the Etihad again we should be ashamed of ourselves.

JMack1234

Absolutely fantastic performance.

We need to kick on and show this form against all the other teams we're playing in December and we'll right in the conversation for Top 4!

Withnail

Not much to say about the game. We're poor against teams who are effective on the counter and need to sort out that side of our game, you're at your best when you're up against teams who leave gaps at the back and you took advantage. That result was always likely.

Football aside, if that City fan is ever allowed to set foot inside the Etihad again we should be ashamed of ourselves.
    That honestly seems to be peps Achilles heel. Also once his team goes behind in a championship race it's all fades away.

Not having a go but I can see Pep walking away if this season goes badly.

JMack1234

We went to Abu Dhabi FC ( who are nominally called Manchester City, but who are in fact sport washing organisation which is built on the whipped backs of homosexuals and the bodies of modern day slaves) and taught them a lesson, and I F'cking luv it. I luv it.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
    Supports
    Man City
    That honestly seems to be peps Achilles heel. Also once his team goes behind in a championship race it's all fades away.

Not having a go but I can see Pep walking away if this season goes badly.
    He's more likely to leave if we win everything than if we win nothing, to be honest. There was talk of him resigning if we'd won the quadruple last season. He's the kid of weirdo who still thinks he has something to prove to the footballing world, so a tough season like this (by his standards) is more likely to see him stay around to set things right. He's currently contracted to 2021 and he's said this month he's open to staying longer than that, and considering the club is built around him I think he's happy to keep going. This season will likely be better than the "foundation year" 16/17 season and he stayed after that, so I see no reason why he won't stay for another cycle.

I think our current problem is that we're just too one-paced through the middle of the pitch. There are many things beyond even Pep's control and our ageing spine (Fernandinho, Silva, Aguero) is one of them. Our back line is getting the microscope treatment but they're being left badly exposed by a midfield that no longer does its job defensively. We're not currently effective at pressing from the front. Neville hit the nail on the head during commentary when he noted that we're not sustaining attacks right now, and it's all down to us not winning the ball back in midfield to recycle possession when a move breaks down.

The last two seasons have been built on the axis of Fernandinho, De Bruyne and David Silva in a triangle. This season, Fernandinho has been moved into defence, De Bruyne's workrate hasn't been the same since the autumn, and Silva is heading way over the hill faster than we anticipated. We're going through a transitional adjustment period with a squad that's good enough to finish top four (and win a cup) but not to match Liverpool's insane standards. This is why it's near impossible to defend titles these days, and even harder than that to go for three in a row - there's always someone else who's ready to punish any weaknesses you've got.

By the end of the season I think our midfield and attacking set-up will look very different to the way it does now. Rodri, De Bruyne and Silva behind Bernardo, Aguero and Sterling seems to be the first choice in Pep's mind at the moment, but by May I think it'll be Rodri, De Bruyne and Bernardo behind Sterling, Aguero and Sané, with Foden and Gundogan featuring more and more. Silva's days of playing twice a week are over after today, and after Christmas I think we'll see much less of him. From there, I think we'll be buying 4/5 new players in the summer so we can go again next year.

RedDevilRoshi

Our best performance of the season by a distance!

1st half, we could so easily have been more than just 2-0 up as we missed a fair few chances. I was worried that those missed chances could come back to haunt us as when you create those sort of opportunities away to Man City, you have to take them as they are more than capable of punishing you if you don’t. 2nd half, City started the 2nd half in the ascendency as expected but our defence didn’t look like it was going to be getting breached and held out strong. The way we were defending, our lead didn't look it was going to crumble and we constantly remained a threat on the counter.

Overall, a fantastic well deserved win and performance to be proud of! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Aaron Wan-Bissaka image Aaron Wan-Bissaka 50% of 531 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

7.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 513 ratings.