Kick-off
Sun, 7 March 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

If it wasn't City I'd be keen for mass changes.

I think it'll end up 4-2-3-1 - De Gea; AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; James, Bruno, Rashford; Cavani.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    People will expect a massacre after the showing we displayed last night but I don't think it will be. This squad has awful mentality issues but every player will be well up for City. I can see us getting a draw or even a shock win just because that's the kind of team we are. More likely though, we will play well waste our chances as usual and then concede at a set piece.

AngliaRed

Martial - Cavani - Rashford
    —————Bruno————-
    —-Fred———Mctominay

You can almost predict ole starting Martial who has been diabolical and playing Rashford out of position.

Bruno has been shocking at the basics too.

any chance Pogba back? Even bench?

R'hllor

Easy win for us and then wave that was pushed after CP game, will return and this place will be a circus for few days.

Water Melon

If City play seriously it is a massacre. If they stay relaxed, knowing that the race is basically over, we may get a draw. In any case the noisy neighbours will dominate, while Ole will be all sunshine and rainbows if we fluke a draw. I am expecting a routine 2-0 for City win, unfortunately.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    Easy win for us and then wave that was pushed after CP game, will return and this place will be a circus for few days.
    It really wouldn't surprise me if this happened. Who can predict what this team will do from one week to the next?

Hester_manc

We are going to play counter attacks in this match, I guess. Therefore I do not think, that Cavani will start. This is how, I think Solskjær will line up:

---------------------------De Gea--------------------
    Bissaka----------Lindelöf-Maguire-------Shaw
    ---------------Scott------------Fred---------------------
    ----------------------Bruno-----------------------------------
    James---------------------------------------------Rashford
    ------------------------Martial--------------------------------

Deery

Dreary
    Was confident enough up until last night now am scared if we play like that City will tank us. I’d play 5 at the back personally City are just in too good of form atm not to.

Henderson
    Wan Bailly Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred McTominay

James Rashford Fernandes
    Probably be 3-0 City...

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    If it wasn't City I'd be keen for mass changes.

I think it'll end up 4-2-3-1 - De Gea; AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; James, Bruno, Rashford; Cavani.
    You think it will be 4-2-3-1. You know it will be 4-2-3-1.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
    2-1 United.

The usual story of being absolutely shite against teams we should easily beat, then end up winning the harder matches against all odds.

All jokes aside I wouldnt be surprised if we take an absolute thumping, but you just never know with this team.

Maticmaker

City currently moving like a well oiled machine, we need something to offset their slick mechanism.

A surprise 4-2-2-2, formation, tight down the middle from front to back.

Rashford and Greenwood 'raiding' and inter changing, at speed up front, and Bruno and Mata working the ball forward, from McTominay and Matic patrolling in front of back four, but one or other ready to spring forward late into the box (probably McT)
    Shaw and AWB ready to race up and down the flanks as necessary to nullify City's marauding wide players.

Sounds like a plan???
    If it works 2-2 if it works really well 3-2 to United.

edit: late breaking news - Sorry rework the plan, Mata injured...doing what?

Last edited:

RedIan

Hate to say it but this is the first time in a while ive predicted a loss. 2-0 to city. We are firing blanks, 1 shot on target against Palace who are a bit crap so against city unless we raise our game massively its an easy top call a comfortable City win.

Offsideagain

Ole may get on the phone to Scholes for a shock return and he can score the winner. Other than that, it could be embarrassing.

Giggsy13

city must be shitting themselves knowing they have to play us after 3 clean sheets in a row.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Think we can provide an upset. We're hard to beat, and will have space to counter but we'll need the players to be on it. Hoping for:
    Henderson
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Maguire Shaw
    McTominay Fred
    James Bruno Rashford
    Cavani​

Greenwood for Cavani in the second half. Maybe Bailly for Lindelof but Lindelof tends to do well in these games.

Kaos

I'm predicting 3-1 city, which probably means Ole will end up winning the game. Either way I just want to get this one over with pride intact.

Kaizane

Only way I can see us winning this is if we match them up and have a huge slice of luck in the process.

Would like to lineup the way Liverpool lineup and even sometimes City themselves. Leipzig did it against us in the CL and knocked us out with it. City will be expecting us to setup to counter so why not just surprise them and switch it up because if we lineup like we did at Palace, we might as well just hand them the points now. 4-3-1-2 allows for ball playing - Bruno to operate like Firminho does for Liverpool, a striker in possession and drop in midfield out, and the counter is still on with the pace of Rash and Greenwood.

Henderson
    AWB----Bailly----Maguire----Shaw
    Matic----Fred----McT
    Bruno
    Greenwood-----------------------------Rashford
    More effective with a fit Pogba for Matic but it's worked well against us in the past. Don't understand why we're solely counter attacking team when we have actual ball players like McT, Pogba, VDB and Bruno in the squad, but what do I know.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    I'm predicting 3-1 city, which probably means Ole will end up winning the game. Either way I just want to get this one over with pride intact.
    You think we’ll score? 5 hours since an open play goal. So I assume you think we’ll be getting a pen?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    I think we'll win this.
    It's away and we will hit on the counter.
    To beat us, the MCFC will need to play within themselves. What I mean by this is that they should hold back and attempt to win 1-0. If Pep decides to play with aggressive attacking tactics, we'll hit them on the break and beat them.

Siorac

I think we'll win this.
    It's away and we will hit on the counter.
    To beat us, the MCFC will need to play within themselves. What I mean by this is that they should hold back and attempt to win 1-0. If Pep decides to play with aggressive attacking tactics, we'll hit them on the break and beat them.
    Their aim should be to keep possession as much as possible. If they keep the ball and hold their shape, the worst thing that can happen to them is a 0-0.

So I hope Pep will want to make a statement instead and takes the game to us aggressively, as you say. That's our best chance of getting anything.

Cantonagotmehere

I never get jaded , and I am so jaded right now....does this game even matter much? I will be excited to watch, but I doubt the result has any impact on our season unless we slip out of top 4.

I feel like a wimp, but that's reality now.

SER19

I fear this will be the death knell for ole. A convincing beating will be pretty damning

Water Melon

City will win this comfortably. Our 0-0 manager will be happy to park a megabus, while our super tired attackers will have to do a lot of off the ball running to keep a compact shape. We will hoof the ball as far as we can, while City will slice right through us with their sharp passing. Borefest from United, a clean sheet and a relatively easy win for City.

Gandalf

I fear this will be the death knell for ole. A convincing beating will be pretty damning
    Very unlikely. We are still best positioned to finish 2nd and alive in 2 cups so there will be no knee jerk reactions from the board. Ole is a company man and that goes a long way with the tight purse strings at Old Trafford, a bigger name manager would have thrown his toys out of the pram months ago over the failure of the club to get a deal done for Sancho and/or Haaland.

bsCallout

I think we'll win.

Then we'll be back to normal and hate our football again.

RashyForPM

I just hope to give Dean a 10/10 rating after the game. That’s the only way we are eking out a 0-0 again. The only way we win is if they beat themselves, but the way they’ve been defending recently, that’s very unlikely. As for the team, bring back the old 5 at the back. We beat a few top teams with that formation last year. One debacle in Leipzig shouldn’t make us lose all trust in that formation.

Dean
    AWB Bailly Maguire Lindelof Shaw
    McT Fred
    Bruno
    Cavani Rashford

2-0 City, unless Dean pulls off an actual miracle.

Adcuth

Can see Ole going for 3 at the back on Sunday. What is the best team we can play if he does this?

Henderson​

Bailly Maguire Lindelof​

AWB Mctominay Fred Shaw​

Bruno​

Cavani Rashford​

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
    I'd be very surprised if we got hammered despite the mass hysteria in here.

That said, a positive result looks a stretch. They'll really fancy this and our confidence is dented. I could see a repeat of the League Cup semi final at OT that they won 2-0.

We need someone in the front 3 to wake up.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
    sure it will be more of the same shite.

Boring Boring Boring

We wont score. We wont get near them despite the fact they press high.

Depressing

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
    How long has it been since we scored a goal?
    I’m not sure but I read it’s over 5 hours since we scored in open play.

We won’t get near their box so we won’t get a pen. That’s our only chance of scoring.

We’ll play for a 0-0, it’ll either work or City will breakthrough late. Expect us camped in our box. Expect 20% possession. Expect no shots on target. I’m so happy we finally have an attacking manager who knows the United way...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 380 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw