Kick-off
Sun, 7 March 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bearded One

I have officially given up on the title but it would be glorious to put a spanner in their works. You know they always look forward to getting one over us like their lives depend on it just like that game where we came down from a two goal deficit to spank them 3-2.

Where’s Pogba when you need him most?

Amerifan

City’s luck will run out. Unfortunately, not expecting it to this weekend. 2-1 City.

wolvored

80 mins 0-0 final whistle 3-0 City. We will run out of steam eventually after chasing shadows all game.

Red00012

Skipped the 1st few pages but I’m guessing “Don’t care anymore “ or a “feck off” will be in the 1st page

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Pep seems to have sussed us out of late. That league cup game we were absolutely schooled 2nd half. We just need to hope that Rashford and Bruno don’t forget the most basic control of a professional footballer as they sometimes do and we can harm them.

meamth

My thread about pattern of play will be booming again after this game.

can't wait.

darko

I don't care what formation United is listed as playing but it's going to be between 2-4 in United's midfield vs 5-6 in City's midfield.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    Don't confuse the words bigger and better.

Presently City are better.

They'll NEVER be bigger. :D

Robindinho

Not looking forward to this, don’t really want to watch us get a lesson in passing/moving while having 30% possession.

The 4-2-3-1 with Mcfred is just going to get overrun (no doubt we’ll stick with it though).

I’d drop Bruno deeper and play a midfield 3 or even bring in Donny and play the diamond, with split strikers...

Henderson

Awb Bailly Maguire Shaw

Fred

Mctominay VdB

Bruno

Greenwood Rashford​

Wilt

Trying to work out the chances/odds of....

Utd making it 4 consecutive games without scoring.

Utd Keeping 4 consecutive clean sheets.

City not scoring.

My guess 3-1 City.

GMoore23

Henderson
    Bissaka - Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
    Fred - Mctominay
    Bruno
    James - Cavani - Rashford

James over Greenwood and Cavani over Martial as we're going to need workers out there with all city's possession.

A-man

Henderson seems to be starting starting. Defenders and midfield are pretty obvious as this is what Ole has picked for all big games except Spurs and that didn’t end well.
    Attack, could be Greenwood, thought he looked ok last game.

Henderson
    AWB- Lindelof- Maguire - Shaw
    McT-Fred
    Bruno
    James -Cavani - Rashford

Personally I would want to try a 3 at the back in this game but it’s not going to happen.

Swearing Budgie

At least it won't be boring. I look forward to seeing lots of goals and a chirpy interview with plucky Ole after.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
    Feyenoord
    Can't imagine not being up for the derby. The entitlement of some of our fans is off the scale. City fans didn't fan refuse to watch the derby when they were dog shit for 20 years and we were amazing. Honestly it's pathetic how many modern day United fans can't handle the fallow years, suck it up and enjoy the fact we're going to end their winning streak.
    Agree with the first bit but you should use some lube if that's your expectation.

I'm nervous for this one :(

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    This is one of those games where United could just go and win, but then it would make you angry because why then couldn't they beat the lesser sides. You just don't know which side will turn up.

Cloud7

We’re going to win this. In his time here, Ole has shown to have one specialty as a manager above all else, and that’s somehow managing to get a win, at a time when another result would end up possibly raising the pressure on him.

arthurka

Don't care really, Ole has really killed my enthusiasm for football lately. Another zero shots on goal, lying deep hoping for something tactic really isn't getting me fired up for this one. The Fred passing show will have to wait better days.
    City 2-0

Chief123

The only thing I feel certain about is that Dan James will start.

DomesticTadpole

If we win this game it will only matter if we win the next game. It is no good beating City then fearing WHU, because it is just about bragging rights and not progress.

Hammondo

Either we will play great and it will be the catalyst for us to get into better form. Or we get battered.

It doesn't feel like we are bouncing back to better form.

GioF

Even though we’ve been overly defensive and far too conservative recently this is actually a game where those tactics have worked for us in the past. Therefore I can only see us adopting the sit back mentality and looking to counter on the break.

Wouldnt of been surprised if we started Rashford as the #9 if Pogba was fit (starting wide left). But with injuries the way they are I’m guessing it’s the trio of Rashford, Cavani and James.

This is the game I love having the best two defensive full backs in the PL. In games past AWB and Luke Shaw have shut down Sterling, Silva etc so I hope they can do that again tomorrow. Would allow us to make them play through the middle which should be our strength having two defensive midfielders there.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
    Draw written all over. 20 years of watching football you'd knew that whenever a game is tauted to be a sure bloodbath something will happen.

Remember moyes vs bayern and everyone already accepting 3-0 and we come up with 2-2?

Ole luck hasnt run out yet. He'll win ugly and keep the dream alive.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
    Problem is at the moment I would rather be better, because bigger means nothing if you are sh*t.
    While I agree, the point made was that despite City’s domination, due to the success being very much associated with wealthy owners, they still don’t have the world stature that Utd have.
    We still are way behind in terms of football like you say...shit

DomesticTadpole

While I agree, the point made was that despite City’s domination, due to the success being very much associated with wealthy owners, they still don’t have the world stature that Utd have.
    We still are way behind in terms of football like you say...shit
    I know what was meant. Thing is the bigger you are the bigger laughing stock you become. I have also said that if we win, which is quite possible, then it will mean nothing if we then don't win the following games.

DomesticTadpole

We're far from shit, though.
    Well boring then. Are we going to have a go tomorrow or just sit back and hope to god they don't score and they hope they make a mistake somewhere? It is the lesser games I worry about the attitude. You should be motivated for these games, but the other games they come out so lethargic.

laughtersassassin

With City's form and us not being very good I'd normally say it's a bit unrealistic to expect anything.

But Ole has us in such bad form that excuse doesn't really fly when you are dropping points to all the bottom teams for weeks.

Keep up the current run and his job should be under serious question at the end of the season

Infra-red

Comfortable two goal win for City. They are flying and our form has been awful since January.

We'll need to pick ourselves up quickly after this one and get the points vs West Ham, Brighton and Spurs, if we want to stay in the top 4.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 380 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw