Sun, 7 March 2021 @ 4:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Norman Brownbutter

ask him about his bath time mishap
    Im telling you all right now, we are going to win. The season has been that fecked up, its going to happen. It will all them battering against the door for 90 minutes, but we will score two on the counter and shit house a win.

Chicharo

If Amad or Shoretire (less likely) play they will score.
    As some of you already said, we will have like 30% possession and rely on counters so I do not expect them thrashing us, and perhaps I am crazy nut we can win this. In a most ugly way, but who cares

If Cavani really isn't available, then

Hendo- AVB,Lidelof, Maguirre, Shaw- Fred, Matic, Bruno, Greenwod, Rash, Martial

That is why I expect, but hopefully, Bailly will play as well as aforementioned plus Dan James

Last edited:

croadyman

I can see us only making one sub in the game today looking at that bench, think it's safe to say that Amad & Shoretire will just be there to experience a derby in person

croadyman

We'll most likely sit back and counter because we're good at it and it allowed us to beat City three times last season.

Whilst I'd like us to be more adventurous against 'bigger' teams, draws against Chelsea, Liverpool, City, etc isn't the reason we're quite a way behind the leaders.

Its games such as Palace, Sheff, West Brom, etc that have let us down this season, and if we're going to challenge next season, it's something that seriously needs addressing.
    Yeah dropped points in those games along with Everton is the reason that there is nothing serious at stake for us today other than derby bragging rights

Chicharo

I can see us only making one sub in the game today looking at that bench, think it's safe to say that Amad & Shoretire will just be there to experience a derby in person
    Agree. I just cannot erase my memory and that goal Rash scored back then
    And honestly, with the form like this, I couldn't expect more from Martial than I would've from Amad. From Greenwood as a striker only, but that too is debatable

Red & White

I really hope we’re not embarrassed in this game as things could go south very quickly. We’ve already dropped from second to third and, unless we win, will be third after this game week, with Chelsea and the chasing pack right behind us now.

I’d absolutely take the standard ‘0-0’ right now, but you get the feeling City will want to get the title sewn up today and their form suggests they’ll do that.

Fingers crossed we pull a result off out of somewhere as we’ve done in the past. The team just has a bad feeling around it at the moment.

Last edited:

Roboc7

Wouldn’t be shocked to see us get a draw in this game but then go and lose to West Ham.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
    I really hope we’re not embarrassed in this game as things could go south very quickly. We’ve already dropped from second to third and, unless we win, will be third after this game week, with Chelsea and the chasing pack right behind us now.

I’d absolutely take the standard ‘0-0’ right now, but you get the feeling City will want to get the title sewn up today and their form suggests they’ll do that.

Fingers crossed we pull a result of out somewhere as we’ve done in the past. The team just has a bad feeling around it at the moment.
    I'd take goalless draw as well, and I'm afraid of trashing too. Absolutely hate playing against Pep.
    But I think we need to change approach in this game, if we press City high this will not end well. We should take a low block and hope for a bit of luck up front. At least in the first half. City have this thing, they tend to score with first decent chance. Which is usually first 10-20'.

We will get chances. City lose the ball a lot around the box. They are no prime Barca. The problem is the opponent only has one second to make the right choice when he has the ball. One more second of hesitation, City win the ball back.

OmarUnited4ever

I would rather see us go out and attack city, press them high up the field (James and Fernandes can press hard all game ) try to exploit their high line, if we lose we lose, not a big deal, its just 3 points and city are far ahead of us, we still retain 3rd spot if we lose, Chelsea & Everton are playing each other so they might cancel each other out.

I don't want Ole to deploy the "sit back & counter" tactic, because city will account for it as they earlier in the season..

i dont want another nil-nil game.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
    This game will change nothing. Even if we lose by 3 goals, we all know the reality already. It's fairly reflected in the league table. The gulf between two clubs in every aspect is already clear as daylight. Our aim is CL place. Their aim is the trophy.

Litch

These are the kind games that Ole wins. These have saved his season at times. Heavy defeat and top four becomes questionable.....

christinaa

Gossip Girl
    Supports
    There's only one United!
    If we're wise enough City don't have such a great defence.

VivaRonaldo85

Henderson

AWB
    Lindelof
    Maguire
    Shaw

McTominay
    Fred

James
    Bruno
    Rashford

Cavani

I think 10 of the 11 is nailed in. Only debatable position is RF with James or Greenwood. I would just go with James’ pace on the counter.

I think the unbeaten away run will end today. 2-1 defeat.

Lappen

I dont know vy, but I gott a feeling, tonight gone be a god god night...
    Never a draw.
    Margins on our side, VAR and ref will be our twelfth and thirteen player.
    Guardiola passing the journalists in fury. Solskear explaining the high-press as a winning concept despite 25 % ballcontroll.

I'm nervous as hell...

Pep's Suit

Why would City be happy with a draw at home against a poor United team that are absolutely there for the taking?
    13 points gap between 1st/2nd after 28 games? I think they would take it. United will finish 2nd or 3rd so have to respect them.

Jaxa

If we're wise enough City don't have such a great defence.
    i couldn’t see the white text ? They’ve got the best defence in the league this season and there CB’s have scored more than they have conceded,

if they don’t have such a great defence then god help the rest of us

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
    Calm down, everybody, we got this. 578 games winning run ends today, and that is not all, it will be start on their bad run as well, as bad as Liverpool's.

OrcaFat

City are beatable. I don’t expect more than a loss but we can win if our boys are at it and, importantly, get in their face from kick off. We got caught cold too many times this season. I can’t see us coming back if we go behind.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
    As depressing as four 0-0 in a row sounds, I'd probably take it in this game

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
    Sort of dreading this to be honest. Hoping we don't end up denting our decent GD too much, we're going to need to all the help we can v other top 4 rivals.

Mike Oxard

Supports
    City
    The only way that we will get anything out of this is if City’s finishing is as bad as it has been in the previous three Derbies, where, on a different day, they would have destroyed us. They will swat us away like flies if they turn up, particularly in front of goal. I’d take a 2-0 defeat and move on to those games that will help us finish in the top 4.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    Why would City be happy with a draw at home against a poor United team that are absolutely there for the taking?
    Because they’re already a bajillion points ahead of us and have bigger fish to fry. United are small time to this current City side.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 380 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw