Sun, 2 October 2022 @ 2:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
    Looks like the lads will be going for a nice long run again tomorrow in training.

always_hoping

Utter embarrassment can't blame the United fans that has chosen to leave at half time when it's team hasn't turned up.

New manager and number of new signings but the same flakiness remains.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
    They want it more. Every single City player looks stronger and faster (as well as/despite being simply better players).

Bobski

This should be it for McTominay. So naturally, he's gonna get a 5 year deal at the end of the season.
    This is not all on McT, he hasn't been good but at least he has made a few tackles. The rest of the front 6 are back to observing defensively.

Cas should have started, why buy him if not for these games?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
    Why is ten Hag being blamed? He’s not making those sloppy passes. This is all on the players.
    The only thing I would have done is start Casemeiro. The rest is down to the players. If he thought things were great this has opened his eyes. Dammit. He won Manager of the Month.:(:(. I am actually more worried about the game at Everton. I don't want us on a losing run again. It is showing the board that 'No you haven't fixed everything'.

Chairman Steve

World class manager with world class players and world class squad, settled for about half a decade and have the unlimited money cheat code on are beating us.

Who’d have thought.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    There was always the risk we got battered. City are that good and that clear of everyone. The goal is Ten Hag can take us somewhere close ish to that level, and Pep fecks off and that's the realistic target. It is what it is.

We looked terrified from the start and everyone has been misplacing passes all game. I'd say Lisandro Martinez has individually done as well as he could, but the rest have had shockers. No reds, no injuries and that's all I can ask for for the rest of this game tbh.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
    I understand why EtH has stuck with McT and Eriksen as they’ve done so well in the previous four games, but you can’t be this open vs City.

Casemiro has to start and he needs to be with two 8s. We’re so open and it’s so easy for City to pass through us. Casemiro and 2 from Fred/McT/Eriksen would have made much more sense and given us some solidity in the middle.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
    I thought the 6-1 would be the largest gap between us, this match shows the gap has widened.

I'm not faulting any of our players, City are just that much better and we have to accept that fact and work to close the gap.

Is Ronaldo watching a better player than he was at this age? Haaland might score 50 or 60 in the PL alone. Too bad he is not in the WC.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
    The gap since we last played hasn’t helped .
    City are much better than us.
    Haaland is a freak he’s so good.
    That said our midfield & attacking players have bottled this. No balls shown .
    I dread to think what the full time score will be as City won’t ease up.

Elcabron

Absaloutely infuriating that ETH didn't make changes after 15 mins when it was obvious we were in for a pasting. It could be 8 at half time that's how bad it was.

He has five fecking subs and didn't make a single one. Unbelievable.

Heinzesight

We just love humiliating ourselves in these big games don’t we. Even at our greatest we didn’t regularly dish out performances like this against City and Liverpool.

AFC NimbleThumb

This is such bs

Tyler has had very famous commentary moments involving great Utd wins and goals
    United have had countless historic moments he’s commentated over, it’d be pretty difficult for him not to have moments but you’ve got your ears to the wind if you don’t pick up his sly digs.

Anyway we’re 4-0 down, I could give 2 craps going back & forth with a Tyler ****.

rajds89

Jees such a miserable bunch of doom and groomers on here. Yeah, shockingly bad display today. But those going on about this is fully expected, why bother watch in first place. Why bother watch football at?
    It’s not the end of the world. We got hammered is some matches when Sir Alex was here. Chill!
    Top red alert.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
    This is a not so gentle reminder of where we are. We still have huge problems and much to fix despite our big spending summer.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    ETH strikes me as a sensible guy, so hopefully this will be the wake-up call that tells him that the likes of McTominay and Rashford are nowhere near the required standard.
    Rashford is our most important and irreplaceable player right now. There is literally no-one else in the squad willing to run wide or in behind and stretch the opposition. Every other single player wants it short and central, including our full backs and other wide players. Ronaldo is getting a bit too old to do it, and Martial, Sancho, Antony, Bruno, etc. can’t/won’t do it.

bondsname

I can accept losing against a much better team, but I can’t accept the lack of effort. Our players have looked careless since minute one, don’t they realise thousands of fans around the world have come to see them, some for the first time in their lives, and they don’t even make an effort?

NK86

Not pressing, just strolling about. Inexcusable. The least we could do is work hard and we don’t even do that. Club seems finished, nothing ever changes. Full of mercenary lazy cnuts.
    This is what absolutely irritates me. They were strolling from the first whistle. We make fun of Conte, but our performance was far worse.

sammyhol

Antony and Sancho will never be top wingers in this league…

just no where near dynamic and athletic enough

fps

But Roy Keane will still do some good damage
    True. I remember matches under Fergie where United went in possibly second best man for man against other big sides, or out of form or with injuries. They were often bitty and nasty games that ended as tetchy 0-0s or with the odd goal here or there. Even if lost, they were acrimonious and scary, so United's rep wasn't really damaged. Not like this.

r0663664

Worships Man City
    There are many strong premiere league players better than Sancho and Athony and we spend big money to get players who may not be suited for this league.

Irrational.

We need to get Casemiro and Martial on at HT. Hook two of Bruno/ Eriksen/ Antony/ Sancho/ Rashford off. Won't make a difference.

We have zero match sharpness thanks to HRH. The stop-start nature of this season is going to cost us top four.

pjaya

Mctom really love jogging isn’t it? :mad: He can’t even give an effort to run

MyDevil

Well, at least we can see the end of starts for McT after this.

Superunknown

This is on ETH 100%. This team set up is poor against Mancity. You need to have fight in midfield and you had Casemiro and Fred. We should have tried to slow down the game and frustrate City.
    Can't agree with this. Ok, put in Casemiro and Fred and take out McTominay and Eriksen. The other 9 have also been shite. There are too many individually poor/abysmal performances to place the blame at ETH's door. We still have the same culture of players not working hard enough, players believing their own hype, players not wanting it enough, players not doing their jobs, and players not taking individual and collective responsibility at the club. That won't change right away and it will take a long time to fix that.

Hammondo

Its more of a free role to keep one of their FBs in check and be one of the men on the break. He did decent against Leicester and Arsenal when pushed out wide once Fred/Casemiro came on
    He's not really a threat though.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
    A loss is not the end of the world but we should see the team giving their all. Not getting spanked and being 3 or 4 goals down at half time and looking clueless with 20% possession.
    The idea was to give them the ball and do them on the counter. Possession and consequently running stats do often wind me up.

If the opposition have more of the ball you’re going to run more.

It’s why the running stats for the Liverpool game were so much higher than the Brentford game. Don’t know why so many pundits were wanking themselves silly over it.

We gave Liverpool more of the ball and Brentford gave us more of the ball, hence why such a stark difference in running/possession stats.

Our possession is going to be at a lowly 20% because we’re giving them the ball intentionally! Letting them have the ball soak up pressure and do them on the counter.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
    He's still relevant because United fans still engage with the guy. Ignore him. He's a real piece of shit. There's being neutral because the job calls for it, then there's shitting on one team at all times. He pushes the Sky narrative and I can't believe people don't see that. Not a friend of United.
    rot

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
    Scout
    No other team in the league makes them look this good.
    Yeah, apart from Newcastle, Leeds, Palace, Leicester, Everton, Brighton, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs in the last twelve months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Anthony Martial image Anthony Martial 68% of 246 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 252 ratings.

Score Predictions