Kick-off
Sat, 3 June 2023 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RedRocket9908

That guy that turned up in the Hillsbrough shirt is an idiot, I hope Man Utd ban him for life.

Its time people grew up and stopped doing things like that.

Son

We lost Hargreaves, Ronaldo and Tevez and couldn’t replace them.
    You are probs right on that tbh. Van Gaal was brought in too but the Glazer’s ran us into the ground so no hope playing football like City do without smart ownership.

RoyH1

We're getting closer and closer. But we need some serious changes to the squad in order to challenge for major silverware.

VivaRonaldo85

1 shot on target? A penalty. Weak goal keeping yet again.

Two strikers, a top class goalkeeper, a midfield replacement for Eriksen (so he can be more of an impact player) and Martinez back fully fit and we’re a different animal.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
    Supports
    Also support Vasco da Gama
    That guy that turned up in the Hillsbrough shirt is an idiot, I hope Man Utd ban him for life.

Its time people grew up and stopped doing things like that.
    What an absolute idiot. Why would anyone think that's an appropriate thing to do?

Hughie77

A game where the better team won without any particular exertion or worry that their opponent was going to carve a legit chance.

Excellent game management from their manager who knew exactly when the game was won and managed it to the last second.

At best McTominay brushes a header on target without a Rodri intervention.

It doesn't have to be 4-0 with a Haaland hat-trick to be a straightforward routine win.
    Still wasn't 2nd gear ffs , no matter how much you try to say. You've forgotten the Garnacho chance and Haaland had 1 shot that was it!!.. so if City were in 2nd gear Utd must have been in reverse !!! Pep took Players off and defensive players on to hold the lead and it must have been because they were in 2nd gear and cruising .

Hughie77

Must have watched the game earlier on in the season when we lost 6-3. No way he's talking about the game today.
    He must have he's just tried to justify it ffs . Deluded man or woman or non binaries person .. ..2nd gear my ball sack !!

sparx99

Yeah, you might want to watch it... maybe again? But I don't think many missed that Hargreaves played on the right up until Scholes came off.
    I’m talking about the season as a whole. It was regularly 3 in midfield that year.

Zen

I’m talking about the season as a whole. It was regularly 3 in midfield that year.
    You might want to look into how many games they actually started together in a midfield 3.... I'd be stunned if it was over 2 because I genuinely don't recall it at all. (Hargreaves played RM in the final and RB a few times prior to it iirc).

It was insanely fluid, but it's not something I'd be going out and calling 433, since the fluidity of the front 4 was mostly build on a midfield 2, whoever those 2 happened to be out of the options there that year, rarely did you get 3 in midfield.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
    Balanced perspectives
    Thought we got back in the game well, and could have done better if we'd have been braver on the ball. Something we need to improve on if we want to progress and win big games.

In that respect, and a few others, was disappointed with Eriksen and was surprised he didn't get brought off earlier. Drop off since being butchered by Mandy Carole has been significant and sad to see. Might have been worth swapping him out for Garnacho and moving Sancho into the midfield (given no Sabitzer)- easy to say with hindsight

Sancho showed flashes of the player I thought he was going to be for us, but more when roaming than out on either wing - I can't help but think he'd be great in a freer role with Antony & Garnacho out wide.

Garnacho is total box-office, can't wait to watch him develop.

Sick as a parrot today, despite worst fears of a pounding not being realised. Has been a good year all in all, plenty of interest!

arnie_ni

Why did we have like 8 vs 4 in the box for the second city goal leaving about 3 players free at the edge? Terrible setup

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    Why did we have like 8 vs 4 in the box for the second city goal leaving about 3 players free at the edge? Terrible setup
    Ye that makes no sense but the minute that ball was crossed outside the box one of our players should have ran out to it.

arnie_ni

Ye that makes no sense but the minute that ball was crossed outside the box one of our players should have ran out to it.
    It was obviously something man City have noticed in previous games from us. It was clearly a predetermined tactic and it worked a treat for them

arnie_ni

1 shot on target? A penalty. Weak goal keeping yet again.

Two strikers, a top class goalkeeper, a midfield replacement for Eriksen (so he can be more of an impact player) and Martinez back fully fit and we’re a different animal.
    Our starting 11 would be a different animal... squad still might not be enough

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
    It was obviously something man City have noticed in previous games from us. It was clearly a predetermined tactic and it worked a treat for them
    On another day though keeper would have got that. Maybe donnarumma as he’s taller aswell.

ExecutionerWasp001

I thought Haaland missed a couple of chances personally.. I just didn’t think we moved the ball quickly enough through the middle despite acres of space for big chunks of the game. It was frustrating at times but 2nd gear was enough today.
    Where is all this second gear crap coming from. You were in second gear as we didn't allow you to go through the gears. We took your 2 best players out of the game. The problem was we made unforced errors to gift you 2 goals. This is obviously going to be an issue when you don't have a prolific striker to get you back into a game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 233 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw