Sat, 3 June 2023 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

Ten Hag says Antony is unlikely to be fit for the FA Cup final: "Dos Santos still has a chance but it’s a really small chance - he didn’t make the progress, so he still has a chance but unlikely he is available."
    Perfect. I wouldn't have started him even if he was available.

4 midfielders is what is needed. Man to man marking in the midfield. Fred on KDB, Eriksen on Rodri, Bruno on Stones if he comes to midfield or on Gundogan if Stones stays behind.
    Then Sancho and Rashy need to be on the gear number 5 at all times, to run on to the ball. Survive the first 10 minutes we will win it. City will come out like they did against Madrid second leg.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    Perfect. I wouldn't have started him even if he was available.

4 midfielders is what is needed. Man to man marking in the midfield. Fred on KDB, Eriksen on Rodri, Bruno on Stones if he comes to midfield or on Gundogan if Stones stays behind.
    Then Sancho and Rashy need to be on the gear number 5 at all times, to run on to the ball. Survive the first 10 minutes we will win it. City will come out like they did against Madrid second leg.
    Did I get it right, that you think it’s perfect Antony is likely to miss the game? Are you also happy that we won’t have him on the bench to come in should we need to make some attacking changes?

Also: What has Sancho brought to our game that Antony hasn’t? Which one in your opinion is more reliable defensively?

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
    Supports
    ETH's tricky reds
    Did I get it right, that you think it’s perfect Antony is likely to miss the game? Are you also happy that we won’t have him on the bench to come in should we need to make some attacking changes?

Also: What has Sancho brought to our game that Antony hasn’t? Which one in your opinion is more reliable defensively?
    Antony presence on the pitch is a huge factor for us, both his and Martinez's will be very much missed for the final.

In matches like these, you need fighters, and that's exactly what they are, I am very sad that they are injured and cannot take part in the final.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

I don't know how it's a good thought to not have Antony in the lineup. But if there was ever a time for Pellistri to make a name for himself, it would be this game.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    Had a dream last night that Weghorst scored a goal in the final. Good omen for me.
    Me too! We were 2-0 down, chubby cheeks cas us back in it with 2 headed goals then big Weggy with a last min winner! Wembley erupts. What a beautiful dream it was!

Dazzmondo

Will need to try something different for this game. I wouldn't be surprised if we opted for Weghorst in midfield for the extra pressing he offers. The ones I'm going back and forth on are Sancho and Garnacho. Garnacho has pace but Sancho has been in decent form coming into this game. I think ETH would ideally want 2 fast players up front, Rashford's obvious but without Antony or Martial I'm not sure if he'd trust Garnacho there and Sancho doesn't have the pace to hurt City the same way. Because of our lack of options I don't think it'll be a 4-4-2 like many do, instead I think it will be a really narrow 4-5-1. I think if we're still in this late on Garnacho could really hurt City, but obviously the difficulty is getting to that stage where it's still realistic to win the game.

De Gea
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Bruno Weghorst Casemiro Fred Sancho
    Rashford
    I think it's going to be a really narrow and cagey game tbh. City's full backs don't offer any width. Assuming they play the way they have been, packing the middle probably makes most sense. I've got to be honest, I think Antony being out really hurts our chances. Aside from Rashford it's hard to see where the goals can come from. Need Bruno in particular to have a great game because any chances we create will probably come from him whipping a great ball in from the half spaces.

Eplel

I'd go nuclear and start Pellistri on the right wing.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

Best case scenario was, Martial being available. Him and Rashy as it was against City in January was extremely perfect. With no one hanging on the touchline. - - - ( this is the thinking ETH had while going to Anfield as it worked perfectly against City, but Liverpool is not City with Salah hanging over the touchline)

City biggest threat is from midfield. They have a very slow wingers, who like to cut inside, but in reverse they have very quick fullbacks meaning our wingers against them maybe very ineffective. (Saka/Martineli/Salah/Vini) were all contained by City perfectly this season.

Because going forward you won't outrace Walker or Akanji and defensively Grealish and Bernado/Mahrez all like floating around and coming inside meaning if it's not man to man marking they will overload the midfield.
    By the way, Sancho might have a very good game tomorrow. We need to overload the 80% of the Centre of the pitch. Leaving 10% both side for our fullbacks to attack. Anything else will be suicidal.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    Best case scenario was, Martial being available. Him and Rashy as it was against City in January was extremely perfect.

City biggest threat is from midfield. They have a very slow wingers, who like to cut inside, but in reverse they have very quick fullbacks meaning our wingers against them maybe very ineffective. (Saka/Martineli/Salah/Vini) were all contained by City perfectly this season.

Because going forward you won't outrace Walker or Akanji and defensively Grealish and Bernado/Mahrez all like floating around and coming inside meaning if it's not man to man marking they will overload the midfield.
    By the way, Sancho might have a very good game tomorrow. We need to overload the 80% of the Centre of the pitch. Leaving 10% both side for our fullbacks to attack. Anything else will be suicidal.
    Agree with a lot of that. Doesn’t mean I’m happy that Antony is potentially missing this.

Regarding the bolded part, sure. Anyone might. Antony included.

mancsarered

I feel good about this, but my only hope is that the players understand what this game and stopping the treble means to the fans. I will be able to sleep at night if we lose and the players absolutely battle from first to final whistle. I will be sick if something goes wrong early and we fold like we've done a few times this season.

Witchking

Come on United. Just win it somehow. Do not care about possession, shots on goal etc etc. Just win. Stop City this season and build from there.

But i think i am asking too much. City are on a roll since Feb and when teams like Bayern, Liverpool and Madrid could not give them a game, i doubt this team would.

The only advantage is that this is a one off game. Need 100% concentration for the whole game.

Cannot trust Inter to get the job done.

Plus a trophy on offer for beating City. Come on!!!!!!!!!!

Brightonian

Big blow that Martial's out, whatever you think of him. I really wanted us to keep Rashford on LW where he belongs, but don't see that this leaves us with any choice. Better him than Weghorst.

DDG
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Bruno Fred Sancho
    Rashford
    Fred and Sancho can interchange positionally to allow Fred to be disruptive wherever he needs to be (e.g. supporting Shaw when defending) and Sancho to remain in position to be creative.

It does look very light on goals, but then that's us this season isn't it.

JagUTD

A City coach went past me on the M6 this morning. Probably empty but gave them a little wave and a quick 115 just incase.

As for the game, I'm usually optimistic but I'm going into this expecting to lose. City until the last few games were basically unstoppable and have now had a few weeks rest.

You never know though.

SER19

I have very little confidence, but whatever happens we need to play with huge aggression. There's just no way that some part of City players minds wont be on a CL final a week later, where any knock could mean missing it. Need to be doubly aggressive and make it all count. I think we'll see Bruno on the right with Fred, Eriksen, Casemiro in middle, then sancho from left with rashford up top.

Siorac

So weird, just have zero belief we can actually win this game. Never ever experienced this as a United fan. Just think it’ll be too much for the players. They’re not quite mentally ready to win games like this but avoiding a hiding is really important. City won’t ease off like Barcelona did in 2011, they’ll want to embarrass us.
    I think they will ease off. This rivalry isn't 'personal' and it probably doesn't mean all that much to City's players. They'll want to conserve energy and stay fit for the Champions League final. I think we'll get away with a 2-3 goal defeat.

SAF is the GOAT

Imagine Lisandro will be in the line up for this game and coming up by surprise like the avengers on "Endgame".

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
    Supports
    4-4-2 classic
    If it goes to 120 minutes then so be it. Give it everything we got and make them knackered before CL final.

Hackman2210

feck it - one loss we need this week or next. Let’s go big picture. If we are losing can we crock their best players for the champions league game? Harland, debrine etc

lex talionis

We can only state the obvious, that we have a puncher's chance at delivering the knockout blow to these plastic fukks.

IRELANDUNITED

So Ortega is starting for city. Does he have any weaknesses we can exploit? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 233 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw