Kick-off
Sat, 3 June 2023 @ 3:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

IncyWincySpider

Ten Hag has never lost a cup final as Manchester United manager and he's never been defeated at Wembley.

Chumpsbechumps

Anybody know how you can listen to BBC radio 5 live coverage in ireland , perhaps on an app or website for this game?

I’m gonna be travelling during game and while it’s available on MW 909, it can be very hit and miss.

SuperiorXI

I just hope they give everything. Don't leave anyone thinking they didn't give their all. If City go on to win the treble and we didn't give everything it will never sit right with me. Even though everything they win is with a massive asterisk and their club is artificial state owned sportswashing project, the treble is ours and we must protect it at all costs.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
    Anybody know how you can listen to BBC radio 5 live coverage in ireland , perhaps on an app or website for this game?

I’m gonna be travelling during game and while it’s available on MW 909, it can be very hit and miss.
    Always use the flashscore app. It usually has all radio coverage for all United games in a season.

Idxomer

Antony and Martial are out, who's gonna keep the ball under pressure then?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
    Staff
    So weird, just have zero belief we can actually win this game. Never ever experienced this as a United fan. Just think it’ll be too much for the players. They’re not quite mentally ready to win games like this but avoiding a hiding is really important. City won’t ease off like Barcelona did in 2011, they’ll want to embarrass us.

You'd swear we were relegation candidates.

Superden

What we need to do is throw a spanner in the works for peps tactical tinkering. Throw him a curveball with our starting lineup.

Hello Mr Mason mount.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
    My team for tomorrow, and some tactical pointers

Every goal kick should be aimed at the center. We will outnumber them in the midfield most of the time when we have the ball as Stones will revert back to defensive line.

James35

I’m expecting a defeat just hope it’s not an embarrassment.

Will be glad when this is over so the Glazers have no more things to hide behind regarding the sale process taking forever.

The Purley King

I just hope we keep it tight for the first 25-30 mins.
    Sit in and play on the counter.
    We aren’t going to keep possession so I’d start garnacho, have to have a threat in behind.
    If we concede in the first 20 mins I fear a battering.
    If, big if, we can stay in it until 60 mins then I’ll start fancying our chances a little.
    If city play to their full potential we don’t stand much of a chance.

RedRocket9908

I cant wait for tomorrow, I really hope we hammer them to shut up their fans that have been mouthing off about how they are going to crush us.

always_hoping

62nd and last game for Man United this season, even watching it I feel tired and then add in the winter World Cup it's been some toll on this group of players. Will the warm weather forecast for tomorrow in London cause an issue? A pity Martinez,Martial,Sabitzer and Antony are all out. All four would have featured if available and with them out only makes the bench weaker.

I want to see no silly mistakes, lapse in concentrations. If City are to win make them them bloody earn it. Hopefully United give it their best shot tomorrow with a high intensity and competitive performance and see where it takes them, underdogs but not impossible task.

sugar_kane

Growing in confidence about tomorrow. We just need everyone to play out of their skins and it’s not inconceivable that we could win.

You can’t underestimate having the experience of Case and Varane in the team and Shaw, Bruno and Rashford are all world class as well. Garnacho has the potential to rise to the occasion too.

I also think having had a full week to prepare and going into it with strong league form is going to help.

The main problem is we have clear weak links in the team whereas City don’t.

BorisManUtd

Just hope we don't get thrashed. Win would be great and a bonus to a very good season. Players had 5 days to prepare for this, you'd think that was enough to recover and train well for the game.

De Gea
    AWB Varane Lindelof Shaw
    Casemiro Fred
    Sancho Eriksen Bruno
    Rashford

Get Garnacho on in 2nd half for Eriksen and move Bruno centrally. Antony will probably get some minutes as well. Weghorst of course.

Surely toughest opponent we've had in a final since Barca in 2011.

UTD_Since_1978

Anybody optimistic about this game?

We have to beat them to end their treble dream & for UTD to be the only English club to do THE Treble.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Anybody optimistic about this game?

We have to beat them to end their treble dream & for UTD to be the only English club to do THE Treble.

Reasonably optimistic

It's the Cup final. It's in it's history for finals not to always go to form. Also as I've said elsewhere we've a small history of stopping trebles in the FA Cup final. Scousers in 77 and then Everton in 85 (albeit they were going for A Treble, League, Cup, Cup Winners Cup as opposed to The Treble, League, Cup, European Cup)

RedIan

Zero nerves here, we are the underdogs. No one expects us to beat city. So if we loose its expected. If we win its a massive bonus and will be an enormous buzz. . Go out and enjoy the day guys.
    UTFR

Alemar

Ten Hag has never lost a cup final as Manchester United manager and he's never been defeated at Wembley.
    Varane has never lost a cup final for any club in general (only for France in the World Cup final). But in a club football I think it’s something like 18/18

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
    Absolutely buzzing for this today.

Play to our best and we can definitely beat them.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
    I think the rest will have done us good and we’ll be fresh just hope we don’t concede early and collapse, we’ll be under a bit of pressure to play well and try stop their treble.
    I think it will be a close game but I think City will edge it 2-1.

Judas

Open to offers
    I can’t say I’m confident but the way we’ve been written off in the build up to this is utterly ridiculous. Literally anything can happen today.

DavelinaJolie

Do you have acces to the BBC Sounds app? They'll have 5 Live.

DavelinaJolie

I just want Utd to put in a performance. I'll be okay if they give them a tough game and lose, but if it's a hammering then yeah, that'll be rough.

Fingers crossed.

FireballXL5

Hope we can put in a season best performance and give them a shock. Heart says United, head says City.

klsv

One of the longest and slowest days of my life it seems :lol:

Will watch highlights of every win we've had at Wembley I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 233 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw