Manchester City's new badge leaked

Castia

Looks OK but their current one is probably one of the best in England in my opinion. I know the reasoning, they want all of their clubs to have similar branding but still the eagle crest is better.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
It's decent enough but I preferred the current one, although that's the one I've grown up with. Not overly fussed either way.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00003141842

Unsurprisingly, they've made it to mirror the NYCFC badge in order to have consistent branding.

I think it looks OK, but reminds me of some logo you would see on a shit beer.
Apart from omitting football club from this one and having "City" in a straight line. On both NYCFC and Melbourne City, they have the New York City/Melbourne City at the top and Football Club at the bottom curved.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Personally I think it's too heavy on the dark blue compared to their sky blue color. A throwback to the logos before the current one, yes?

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
Jesus they've forgot to add the three stars for the european cups they didn't win.

Traub

Reminds me of the Chelsea one. Decent enough though.

FujiVice

Should have been Mike Summerbee in the middle, instead of the ship.

Fener1907

I really like it. Has a bit of a retro feel, it's got a beautiful red rose on it for all of the Yorkshiremen to admire, and the colours all go well together. As much as I don't want to make it about that, I reckon it will work better for them in terms of branding.

All of that said, after Silva and Aguero make twats out of United's defence, I'll soon hate it.

prateik

Isn't this what their old badge looked like?
A lot better than their current one imo

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
A circle is much cheaper to stitch on to a shirt too. It's why we have the shield sat behind the eagle on the current shirt, which fans hate.

Edit: I prefer this badge. I hate the current badge, and the previous badge was my favourite to date.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I think it looks great to be honest. Good for them.

Would've looked even better if they had stuck with the "Football Club" part at the bottom, as per Melbourne and NY, though.

Last edited:

spwd

Apart from the 3 stars, I think the current one is decent and a lot better than that but I don't care really

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
I think it looks great to be honest. Good for them.

Would've looked even better if they had gone stuck with the "Football Club" part at the bottom, as per Melbourne and NY, though.
I agree - this was my only gripe.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
The old and new City logos plus NYCFC and Melbourne City FC for comparison:

Yeah the three stars were celebrating the three times they've won the European Cup/Champions league lol. Their boats better then our one :( It's a wonder they didn't have Tevez's mug on it :)

redshaw

Looks more like a return to the 70s/80s/90s logo

Interesting is how the new one actually mimics the newer United one in terms dropping the FC bit and having the words Manchester across the top on it's own and the word City at the bottom

I think for branding and simplicity, it's the best choice like what we did. Very easily readable. I do not understand the Eagle Star studded thing but I guess it's detailed but having MCFC means feck all to any outsider.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
In all honesty, it looks ok. However something doesn't sit quite right with how all the colours go, and I actually think their current badge is one of the best in the league.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
It's pretty good, to be honest, but not special. Fits with the other two though. Getting rid of the daft stars is a bonus.

The "CITY" at the bottom should follow the curve of the circle, looks a bit cheap/knockoff-ish as it is.