Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
A bit anticlimactic but just days after lifting the prestigious Bangkok Century Cup, Man Utd will play their first friendly of the season.

Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne, Australia
Kick off time: 20:05 local, 11:05 UK
Channel: MUTV

BarstoolProphet

After finally clinching the signing of FDJ, Eriksen and Martinez, I'm hoping to see this starting XI:

Heaton

Dalot
Varane
Lindelöf
Shaw

Fred
McTominay
Bruno

Sancho
Martial
Rashford

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hope Laird, Hannibal, Garner and perhaps Garnacho get to feature in this one.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Guessing that we'll see more blended teams here? Though maybe not. Van Gaal if I recall always started with his strongest team to build familiarity, so could be Ten Hag does the same.

InfiniteBoredom

Just my luck that after 10 years in Melbourne, the summer I left is the moment Utd go there.

Victory is also in their off-season, they missed out on the title last year to Melbourne City (City’s feeder team) and bombed out unceremoniously in the Cup semis to a team that could barely muster a 3000 attendance. So we are either giving them a shellacking or they will be super up for it and give us a proper runout. It’s winter Down Under though so at least there wont be any dehydration or heatstroke.

Bwuk

I'd like to see a bit more of a blended team to start with. Garnacho to get a chance.

Heaton
Laird - Varane - Bailly - Malacia
Garner - Hannibal
Sancho - Donny - Garnacho
Martial​

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah and Garnacho. I completely forgot about him tbh, interesting that EtH was using Savage and Iqbal instead.
I suspect he will give Hannibal 30/45 mins this time and one of savage/iqbal will sit this one out. We just have too many players on tour for all of them to play every match.

clarkydaz

scoring 4 against Liverpool will be a great boost for the young lads, give them real confidence for a result against Melbourne

buchansleftleg

This is the sort of game were we will really miss the influence of Ronaldo.

If Nani gets a scoring opportunity for Melborne he'd just pass it straight to Ronaldo on impulse if CR7 was on the pitch.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Assuming de Gea is not fit.

Kovar

Laird
Bailly
Maguire
Shaw

Iqbal
Fred

Chong
Bruno
Sancho

Martial

2nd half

Bishop

Dalot
Varane
Lindelof
Telles

Hannibal
Savage

Amad/Pellistri
Donny
Elanga

Rashford

Sidstar1991

Think after such a cool performance against liverpool in the first friendly the guys will feel good right now. Hopefully its a good performance and Iqbal plays and performs well. Hope to see continued improvement.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Maguire is back I think. I can't see him not starting.

Why? I thought the Heaton sub was planned?
ETH has said Maguire will probably get a half of football. Wanna see Garner and Hannibal get good minutes as well.

Tibs

Hope that the two teams that play each half are more balanced, not one strong and one significantly weaker.

But another win for ETH hopefully, quad is on