Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

VictoryUltras

Supports
Melbourne Victory
Reads like a typical United fan post, apart from the bbq bit because everyone knows it’s always raining in Manchester.
Born and raised in Melbourne mate. Follow the EPL though and have lurked these forums many a times to see the meltdowns.

Imagine being called "Victory" and only having 5 victories in a 26 match season.
We're the 'biggest' team in the league but not currently at our former glory. Sound familiar? Our rivals are also Melbourne City whom are affiliated with Man city.

Melbourne Victory?

More like Melbourne Defeat.
Maybe. But not tonight. The boys already taking bets on how many we'll ship past ya.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Thought I'd drop in here and spice things up a bit so listen up ya whinging poms. This ain't a friendly. Prepare yourselves for a demoralising defeat which leaves a **** stain on your pre-season. First of all I'll go through most of your squad.

De Gea - Only still with you for the money
Wan-Bissaka - Silly name
Varane - Good in the past but now an overrated has been
Lindelof - Nothing special
Maguire - Not sure if he's here but wouldn't even make our team
Shaw - Never met his potential and never will
McTominay - Placeholder until you actually find someone better
Fred - See above
Sancho - One of your only good players and you can't even get him to play well
Fernandes - One season wonder
Rashford - Useless
Martial - Almost as useless
Ronaldo - Too scared of the Victory to even make the trip

Also heard some Dutch fella doesn't want a bar of ya and you are practically tryin' to kidnapp him.

Me and the boys got the BBQ ready to go and drinks on ice ready to celebrate a Victory win.
Melbourne Victory - Australian.

So it is a lot closer than you are making it out to be.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
So I spent quite a bit of time in Melbourne back in the day and one of the locals took me to lots of Victory games. Surprisingly fun atmosphere and I also saw their rivals City play (who had Villa and Damien Duff).

diarm

Born and raised in Melbourne mate. Follow the EPL though and have lurked these forums many a times to see the meltdowns.

We're the 'biggest' team in the league but not currently at our former glory. Sound familiar? Our rivals are also Melbourne City whom are affiliated with Man city.

Maybe. But not tonight. The boys already taking bets on how many we'll ship past ya.
I heard that in Australian schools, the footy fans get bullied by everyone else - even the cricket team. Is that true?

mctrials23

I heard that in Australian schools, the footy fans get bullied by everyone else - even the cricket team. Is that true?
Probably. Australia have a shit football team and they much prefer Rugby and Cricket. Not sure how crazy they are for aussie rules football but that sport comes under the same umbrella as Irish Hurling. fecking nuts.

diarm

Probably. Australia have a shit football team and they much prefer Rugby and Cricket. Not sure how crazy they are for aussie rules football but that sport comes under the same umbrella as Irish Hurling. fecking nuts.
Nobody bullies the hurlers.

Dante

Average bang
Thought I'd drop in here and spice things up a bit so listen up ya whinging poms. This ain't a friendly. Prepare yourselves for a demoralising defeat which leaves a **** stain on your pre-season. First of all I'll go through most of your squad.

De Gea - Only still with you for the money
Wan-Bissaka - Silly name
Varane - Good in the past but now an overrated has been
Lindelof - Nothing special
Maguire - Not sure if he's here but wouldn't even make our team
Shaw - Never met his potential and never will
McTominay - Placeholder until you actually find someone better
Fred - See above
Sancho - One of your only good players and you can't even get him to play well
Fernandes - One season wonder
Rashford - Useless
Martial - Almost as useless
Ronaldo - Too scared of the Victory to even make the trip

Also heard some Dutch fella doesn't want a bar of ya and you are practically tryin' to kidnapp him.

Me and the boys got the BBQ ready to go and drinks on ice ready to celebrate a Victory win.
Normally, I'd insult you back.

But in this case I won't. Australia has so much to be proud of these days.

The likes of Jacinda Adern, Lord of the Rings and Taika Waititi have put you guys on the map. After all these years, the world finally has a reason to respect you.

PitTon

I'm taking my missus to the game. Got the tickets this afternoon. Quite excited. Made some noise already at Caufield station.

MDFC Manager

Normally, I'd insult you back.

But in this case I won't. Australia has so much to be proud of these days.

The likes of Jacinda Adern, Lord of the Rings and Taika Waititi have put you guys on the map. After all these years, the world finally has a reason to respect you.
Iseewhatyoudidthere.gif

Gums

Why not just sign up for a manutd.com account. It's free on MUTV.
If it‘s the same as the match vs Liverpool it‘s not free. It‘ll require a subscription once the game starts.

I had the options 7.99 for a month or 9.99 USD for a year. I‘m in HK though, maybe it‘s different where you are.

Zoo

Varane already playing catch up with his fitness.

Chairman Steve

Let’s take bets on which of the old boy members is masquerading as the Melbourne Victory fan. The BBQ mention was a little too on the nose for me :lol:

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
NSW and Queensland like Rugby, everywhere else is Aussie Rules.

Going to the Unted game at the g tonight but also keeping track of St Kilda in Aussie rules,

Tis a good night for sport.

Dorris

Rashford dropped already. I know it’s pre season but both games you can clearly see he’s going with his preferred team. Wonder what Marcus’ PR spin will be.

Seven Seas Sardines

Rashford dropped already. I know it’s pre season but both games you can clearly see he’s going with his preferred team. Wonder what Marcus’ PR spin will be.
Very surprised after media's golden boy sat next to Erik calling him the symbol of the academy in the presser yesterday.

Lad must've thought his starting place was cemented for the whole season :lol:

Swiss_Red89

I think he wants to try him as the CF today for a half.

Keefy18

Huh?

It's pre season, chill out. Means nothing.

the hea

Garner still injured I take it. I was looking forward to seeing him in pre season as I think he could be the type of player to flourish in a Ten Hag team

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Beginning to think Van de Beek might not be up to it

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We need midfielders urgently. McFred cannot be starting games this season.