Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He looks a bit too raw right now. A loan would do him the world of good.
We need to move away from the mentality of loaning every youngster, Pedri and Gavi got their breakthrough precisely because they didn't end up on loan.

Blood Mage

Seriously how does Maguire get into this side when all of our other CB options look more suited to an ETH team?

Dannn411

Zidane Iqbal is going to be a rotation player in the 18 this season the way this is going. Badly need Garner out there soon so the manager can see its not totally a desert in terms of midfield talent at the club.

romufc

Chong has to go too, I don't even know why he is getting minutes ahead of Garnacho.

criticalanalysis

He held the line, and the runner was well in our half when the pass released.

In a high line, pressing with CBs stationing by halfway line, this is always defensive mechanism with offside trap.

Rewatch the replay please.
I'm not denying he tried playing a high line, I'm saying he fecked it up. He was in no position to blindly assume he was in line with everyone else and/or assume he was the last man to play it that high.

You'll be very generous to give him credit for making the right play there. He gambled and assumed wrong. There was a catalogue of errors and perhaps Maguire could have read it better but he's not the entire and sole blame there.

Rolaholic

The way Ten Hag is playing towards Baillys strengths is interesting...

Would be a great squad option in this system

RedDevilQuebecois

Seriously how does Maguire get into this side when all of our other CB options look more suited to an ETH team?
Never going to get back in the squad while playing like this. His time is in the doghouse before he hands a transfer request with the World Cup just around the corner.