Manchester United 4:1 Melbourne Defeat (Fri 15th July, 11:05 UK time)

I honestly don't remember Savage being this good of a passer for the 23s :lol:
Sometimes playing with better players makes passing easier. Better movement ahead of you opens up opportunities that are not present at a lower level. Against that playing against better defenders means less time on the ball to play the pass.

Passitlikescholes

Amad has been a class above, for me, particularly in this game where he's not being physically beaten.

It's a shame that it seems his physical limitations won't allow him to make that further step up because technically he's very very good

OverratedOpinion

yes, from the 45 mins, you can tell, I dont see how anyone thinks Telles, AWB and Chong ever get into the first 11.
I will say again, get a grip.

Pre-season is rusty players getting fitness and match sharpness.

I totally agree that someone like Chong is not good enough but basing that opinion on 45 minutes early in pre-season is knee jerk as it's best.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Bailly is the Nicolas Anelka of center backs. Too bad he can't flatter to deceive at a club like mid 00s Bolton in the bottom half of the PL table.

CarbonStoolBites

Bailly is absolutely hilarious, what a guy. If Okocha and Titus Bramble had a child, he would Eric Bailly.

In Rainbows

Laird has been disappointing. He's not playing his natural game. To make an impression you need to do what Savage and Iqbal are doing.

MUFC OK

Laird has been disappointing. He's not playing his natural game. To make an impression you need to do what Savage and Iqbal are doing.
Yeah he's playing far too safe. Usually bombs forward and gets involved in attacking combinations.

Woodzy

I know we like to get excited by younger players during pre-season but it genuinely looks like Zidane and Savage can be a big part of this team.

MUFC OK

Iqbal and Savage looking good again. Really promising from both of them, ETH will be impressed.

Banana Republic

Bailly’s mistakes and brain farts are over stated.
His effective work far outshines the negatives.
He puts in some brilliant bits of defending.

MUFC OK

I know we like to get excited by younger players during pre-season but it genuinely looks like Zidane and Savage can be a big part of this team.
We're used to seeing McFred, honestly feels like they're an upgrade already.

RedRoach

Bailly is the Nicolas Anelka of center backs. Too bad he can't flatter to deceive at a club like mid 00s Bolton in the bottom half of the PL table.
Think that does a discredit to Anelka who was at least consistently good for a period.

he is more like Mario Balotelli. Capable of rare moments of genius between being consistently injured or shit

TheReligion

Abusive
Such a shame for Garner.

Really hope he gets fit in time to show what he can do.

Savage and Zidane both playing with confidence and have taken to the Ten Hag way. Very positive again from the two of them.