Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Can't beleive we have grown men arguing about what would look good in a football Jersey liek any of them are ever remotely fashionable anyway.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

How the feck did they afford this? They're not exactly General Motors...global revenue of €390m.

I had heard we were struggling to find a sponsor. Guess it was true.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Can't beleive we have grown men arguing about what would look good in a football Jersey liek any of them are ever remotely fashionable anyway.
It's aesthetics. Also the spectrum of brands is a spectrum of least undignified to most undignified. No logo would obviously be preferable.

It looks well cheap.

VojjE

I would guess it will be the inverted logo, with the white logo and text which could look decent. At least there won't be an ugly gradient in gold and chrome any more.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Weren’t Liverpool fans all excited because they got the biggest deal in the PL? Or was that shirt sponsor as in Nike/Adidas?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The huge drop is surely what we’ve been talking about for years - eventually us not being that great will have financial implications

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
How the feck did they afford this? They're not exactly General Motors...global revenue of €390m.

I had heard we were struggling to find a sponsor. Guess it was true.
This was the first thing I thought. A far cry from AIG, AON, & Chevy in terms of revenue.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
55m euros per year according to Whitwell. That’s a fair bit less than Chevy.
Yeah.

I know you gotta mess about with the conversion rate so its not apples with apples. However, back of the fag packet, its still at least €10m less than what Chevrolet was paying us @SwedishFish.

I guess that's the difference between seeking a sponsor when you're coming off years and years of success under Sir Alex, and seeking a sponsor when your biggest wins are on social media.

GazTheLegend

Anyone else feel like this is almost certainly with a mind towards eventually selling the rights to all our matches vs some sort of app on people's phones? Or a 'seperate' subscription service on TV to rival Netflix/Disney/Amazon/whoever?

I keep telling fellow reds that even Manchester City's money will eventually be dwarfed by ours again if (if) we ever go down some sort of route allowing us to sell all our matches via a subscription service. At last count we have about 300million 'fans' worldwide. If even half of that number paid £1 a month, we'd have £150Million quid a month of basically easy profit. Amazon getting football rights was the beginning, I think. This is stage 2.

And it's £30 a month for a sky sports subscription. We could easily undercut that. I'd happily pay £5-£10 a month for all Man Utd games. I reckon that time is fast approaching.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
For anyone unfamiliar with the size of TeamViewer, here are the 2019 financial reports (summary)

TeamViewer delivers strong results in 2019

• Billings up 41% to EUR 324.9m, exceeding FY guidance
• Adjusted EBITDA of EUR 182.1m, Adjusted EBITDA margin increases to 56%
• High free cashflow generation with 94% cash conversion rate
• Subscriber growth to more than 464,000 at year-end 2019
• Outlook for 2020: Billings to increase to between EUR 430m and EUR 440m

TeamViewer delivered strong results in the fiscal year 2019 as the company continued to
successfully implement its growth strategy focusing on an expansion of use cases, customer
segments and global reach. Billings were up 41% year-over-year at EUR 324.9m (FY 2018: EUR
229.8m), exceeding FY 2019 guidance of EUR 310m - 320m. Adjusted EBITDA, previously referred
to as Cash EBITDA, grew by 51% to EUR 182.1m (FY 2018: EUR 120.6m) reaching the upper end
of the FY 2019 guidance of EUR 177m - 183m. Adjusted EBITDA margin increased to 56% (FY
2018: 53%).

Full-year revenue grew by 51% to EUR 390.2m (FY 2018: EUR 258.2m) and EBITDA increased by
38% to EUR 189.5m (FY 2018: EUR 137.2m).

Oliver Steil, CEO of TeamViewer, said: “2019 was a very successful year in TeamViewer’s history:
in September we went public and already in December we joined the MDAX family. This year we
will continue to execute at full speed on our growth strategy by expanding use cases, customer
segments and global reach”.

Stefan Gaiser, CFO of TeamViewer, said: “We are very pleased with the 2019 results.
TeamViewer’s billings were ahead of our ambitious plans and we continued to de-lever the
business. After a good start in 2020, we are confident that we keep our strong business
momentum and write the next chapter of our success story”.

All stated figures are preliminary and unaudited. TeamViewer intends to publish its annual
report 2019, containing TeamViewer's audited consolidated financial statements as of and for
the fiscal year ended December 31, 2019, on March 26, 2020.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hope the people that complained to death about Chevrolet are happy?

Chairman Steve

Fashion policing aside...If it blends into the red shirt like AIG then fine.

I‘ve had TeamViewer in a few of my jobs anyway. It’s a handy tool I must say.

laughtersassassin

The first major example of Our fall in grace now harming our ability to make money.

Times ahead look rough

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I do appreciate the irony in signing them up having recently been hacked.