Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

snk123

I swear I read the Chevrolet exec who negotiated the deal got fired pretty swiftly after. We struck absolute gold (both in money and colour). Also we do have a pandemic to contend with.
Makes sense then that Team Viewer - one of the companies that benefitted the most from the pandemic can shell out such an amount.

For anyone unfamiliar with the size of TeamViewer, here are the 2019 financial reports (summary)

TeamViewer delivers strong results in 2019

• Billings up 41% to EUR 324.9m, exceeding FY guidance
• Adjusted EBITDA of EUR 182.1m, Adjusted EBITDA margin increases to 56%
• High free cashflow generation with 94% cash conversion rate
• Subscriber growth to more than 464,000 at year-end 2019
• Outlook for 2020: Billings to increase to between EUR 430m and EUR 440m

TeamViewer delivered strong results in the fiscal year 2019 as the company continued to
successfully implement its growth strategy focusing on an expansion of use cases, customer
segments and global reach. Billings were up 41% year-over-year at EUR 324.9m (FY 2018: EUR
229.8m), exceeding FY 2019 guidance of EUR 310m - 320m. Adjusted EBITDA, previously referred
to as Cash EBITDA, grew by 51% to EUR 182.1m (FY 2018: EUR 120.6m) reaching the upper end
of the FY 2019 guidance of EUR 177m - 183m. Adjusted EBITDA margin increased to 56% (FY
2018: 53%).

Full-year revenue grew by 51% to EUR 390.2m (FY 2018: EUR 258.2m) and EBITDA increased by
38% to EUR 189.5m (FY 2018: EUR 137.2m).

Oliver Steil, CEO of TeamViewer, said: “2019 was a very successful year in TeamViewer’s history:
in September we went public and already in December we joined the MDAX family. This year we
will continue to execute at full speed on our growth strategy by expanding use cases, customer
segments and global reach”.

Stefan Gaiser, CFO of TeamViewer, said: “We are very pleased with the 2019 results.
TeamViewer’s billings were ahead of our ambitious plans and we continued to de-lever the
business. After a good start in 2020, we are confident that we keep our strong business
momentum and write the next chapter of our success story”.

All stated figures are preliminary and unaudited. TeamViewer intends to publish its annual
report 2019, containing TeamViewer's audited consolidated financial statements as of and for
the fiscal year ended December 31, 2019, on March 26, 2020.
With revenue around 350m sterling, committing to a single marketing spend of 50m a year is pretty ballsy however you look at it.

spiriticon

This is unfortunately probably the worst year to negotiate a shirt sponsorship deal. I guess five years was as short as we could get it. Would have preferred a shorter deal myself or a chance to renegotiate after things get back to normal from the pandemic.

rotherham_red

Means we can now have a separate automobile sponsor too

That's a fair point. And we're surely going to be worth at least £15m per season across both the automobile and training kit sponsor so should more than make up for that drop in revenue.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Can't beleive we have grown men arguing about what would look good in a football Jersey liek any of them are ever remotely fashionable anyway.
Let people enjoy things.

GazTheLegend

Eventually the Premier League will, as a group, decide selling its rights to TV stations makes no sense and pursue a global distribution deal either with a partner or with its own subscription app. Its the way the world is going with Disney+ and the like. Content producers, which Premier League clubs are business wise, are incresingly cutting out the middleman.
The premier League and English football as an entity is the major stumbling block to this sort of deal. It's in their interest to keep things vaguely competitive, and there might be pressure from above them to try to curb individual clubs power. That said, viewers have been getting fleeced for years for stupid amounts of money, and it makes no sense to me to pay for those "super Sundays" of (insert perennial mid table team) against (relegation struggler) if you're not a fan of those clubs.

spiriticon

https://www.sportspromedia.com/analysis/premier-league-2020-21-guide-club-sponsor-tv-rights-deals

Liverpool got one for £20M, our deal with AON was worth £22.5M per season including training ground and that was from 2013 expiring this year. So new training kit sponsor would basically be replacing the current training kit sponsor.

The car sponsor will be where the new source of revenue is coming from, though we do have to remember the person who negotiated the Chevrolet deal left shortly after and we are in the midst of a pandemic as well as our downturn in success so was never going to get the Chevrolet kit numbers.
That's not too bad. A £20 million a year training kit deal essentially brings us back to the £75 million a year deal that we had.

laughtersassassin

That's a fair point. And we're surely going to be worth at least £15m per season across both the automobile and training kit sponsor so should more than make up for that drop in revenue.
Chevy weren't our training kit sponsor though? Aon are i think?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
:lol: Wild exposure.

Have you ever used TeamViewer?
Sure on occasion. I have no idea what their plans are, I just listed the lessened revenue as opposed to exposure on TeamViewers platforms.

HOW this is going to go about is a different question entirely, and might not even be a thing. Like I wrote, I find this entire thing a bit underwhelming :p

TeamViewer might have presented a plan to broadcast Manchester United <x> product in <y> way and given a %RevenuePotential that the clubs financial analysts said "yes" to.

Or they might have been the only sponsor available and we got what we could.

I would have loved Amazon, but alas it was not meant to be

MyBloodIsRed

Where is the thread with the leaked kits for next season? I’d love to see this photoshopped as a one color logo on each! Don’t care what the sponsor is but one color that blends in is a massive win!!!

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
https://www.sportspromedia.com/analysis/premier-league-2020-21-guide-club-sponsor-tv-rights-deals

Liverpool got one for £20M, our deal with AON was worth £22.5M per season including training ground and that was from 2013 expiring this year. So new training kit sponsor would basically be replacing the current training kit sponsor.

The car sponsor will be where the new source of revenue is coming from, though we do have to remember the person who negotiated the Chevrolet deal left shortly after and we are in the midst of a pandemic as well as our downturn in success so was never going to get the Chevrolet kit numbers.
Aon’s training kit + training ground deal was worth £15m per year if I recall and the figures were made public on their site.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
No.12 crying because he just saw a reflection of the shirt he's wearing and how sh*t it looks.

De Gea and Henderson are getting hit with that big block logo next season :lol:
It genuinely looks like someone opened up MS Paint and ctrl + v the first google image they could find.

I'm not being dramatic, but those are the worst kits i've ever seen :lol:

b82REZ

Sure on occasion. I have no idea what their plans are, I just listed the lessened revenue as opposed to exposure on TeamViewers platforms.

HOW this is going to go about is a different question entirely, and might not even be a thing. Like I wrote, I find this entire thing a bit underwhelming :p

TeamViewer might have presented a plan to broadcast Manchester United <x> product in <y> way and given a %RevenuePotential that the clubs financial analysts said "yes" to.

Or they might have been the only sponsor available and we got what we could.

I would have loved Amazon, but alas it was not meant to be
There's looking for positives in a seemingly underwhelming deal, and there's being delusional. Ignoring the fact TeamViewer gets used a lot by Internet scammers, I can't imagine IT departments around the world using it to push Man Utd propaganda down frustrated users throats.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
That's not too bad. A £20 million a year training kit deal essentially brings us back to the £75 million a year deal that we had.
Chevy weren’t our training kit sponsors. We get 22.5m per year from AON. There’s no way to spin this as an improvement on the Chevy deal! Unfortunately the timing of the pandemic has fecked us.

Stormrage101MUFC

Relax guys, it's all part of the plan, the more horrendous our kit looks the more teams will underestimate us ;)

largelyworried

Logo wise, looks way better than Chevvy. We might have got used to it by now, but that logo is a total eye sore.

Finance wise, we'll have to wait and see. Depends on a) ancillary deals we couldnt make before and b) what other teams get. It could be that United have less appeal than before and so attract smaller deals. It could be a temporary blip due to covid, in which case its bad timing on our part. Or it could be that football is starting to reach its ceiling in terms of sponsorship deals all round. We'll know in a year or two.

laughtersassassin

Since its in white it's way nicer than Chevy

Funny not revamping your MS Paint logo before spending 50 mil to advertise it per year.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"team viewer gets used by scammers"

So does Windows, would you have turned that down too?

Chevy's have probably been used by drunk drivers. Vodafone is used by all sorts of unsavoury people. Adidas probably have sweatshops.

dinostar77

How much are Utd being paid per season and is it enough to buy Haaland the greatest striker on the world ever ever ever. No scratch that, the universe....hmmm...not big enough...the greatest striker ever in the multiverse. That will do.

pascell

Chevy weren’t our training kit sponsors. We get 22.5m per year from AON. There’s no way to spin this as an improvement on the Chevy deal! Unfortunately the timing of the pandemic has fecked us.
Yeah I was going to say all the training gear is sponsored by AON as that's all I buy from United, the AON logo makes it all look much better.

Monetary wise, there's no way of sugar coating it, we're going to make less each year. It'll be interesting to see how it affects our spending this summer and going forward.

OleBoiii

In the end, aren't we all viewers of our beloved team?

*continues to smoke joint with Jaden Smith*

dinostar77

£235 mil over 5 years. £47mil a season. According to The Independent newspaper. Massive drop on the £70mil we got feom Chevrolet. Similar to what Barcelona get for thier shirt sponsor. Madrid still getting £70mil a season. Think post covid world other clubs may struggle to get plus £50mil then again we havent won the league for 8 years and champions league longer than that. Madrid/Barca etc win more often.

Aon training kit deal is up for renewal/find someone new

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
There are huge numbers of people who feel exactly the opposite.

No, it's meant to be worn by footballers. And there is a huge design and fashion following with football kits just like any other type of sportswear. It doesn't matter whether you personally don't think it's worthy of comment, although ironically you're here commenting about it.
100% it is meant to be worn by footballers. So it would be great if 45 year old men could stop walking around the town with their belly hanging out the bottom of it. Also there is no huge design and fashion following in football kits, Adidas and Nike produce a template every year and colour in the sections after for all their teams. It's not fashionable clothing and it shouldn't be worn on any but the occasions of actually playing football as an adult. 99% of football kits looks vile no matter the sponsor.

PeteManic

If it's just the name in white it'll be fine. But it's not going to be, is it?