Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

crossy1686

career ending

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/man...ar-with-teamviewer-shirt-sponsor-deal-sources

Mark Ogden:

I hope shit-stirrer Ogden is wrong on this, £10m won't make up for the drop in shirt deal.
The deal is comparable to the Chevrolet. Ogden forgot to mention that the Chev deal was 7 years, this is 5, so when you look at the numbers the deals are almost the same value over the course of the years they run.

United are also looking for a new car sponsor to buff the sponsorships.

MU655

I'm surprised by this. The first time I had heard of it was at work; they had it for the IT support.

€455m revenue in 2020. £47m (€54m) seems quite a lot more advertising costs per year for them.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Has anyone read the TeamViewer press release talking about a huge increase in brand awareness due to negotiations with United indicating significant upcoming movement in the market? Unbelievable that they were allowed to comment on this at all, but it looks very exciting for our summer transfers.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Has anyone read the TeamViewer press release talking about a huge increase in brand awareness due to negotiations with United indicating significant upcoming movement in the market? Unbelievable that they were allowed to comment on this at all, but it looks very exciting for our summer transfers.
Sounds like they've been led up the garden path by Woody

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Has anyone read the TeamViewer press release talking about a huge increase in brand awareness due to negotiations with United indicating significant volume of links to Haaland all sumer which will lead to nothing. Unbelievable that they were allowed to comment on this at all, but it looks very exciting for our summer transfers.
Fixed :wenger:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Was the previous deal not worth £60m plus per year?
I thought it was 64m per year but in actuality it was 560m dollars over 8 years which works out at 70m dollars per year - which is around 50m in today’s exchange rate. We’ll likely earn more per year when adding a new car sponsor - I’ve just read an analysts view on it who thinks it’s a brilliant deal for us in this climate.

SwedishFish

Wonder when we'll have an advert with one of players using Teamviewer?

"Madame, DO NOT REDEEM THE GIFT CARDS, MADAME!!!"

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We literally get linked to 100s of names each summer. We don't need to sign them for them to reap the publicity dividend.

edcunited1878

This is a good deal for the club and brand partner. While General Motors overpaid on their deal, they also retained exclusivity in the entire auto category. The auto category can now be leveraged properly, in addition to a main jersey sponsor like TeamViewer. TeamViewer comes from a brand category that usually doesn't spend too much cash in sponsorship, and this isn't including any value in kind or trade, which is incremental to the annual cash fee the company has to pay.

On the flipside, it'll be interesting to see if/how the club leverages the partnership to educate themselves on the technology side. I know no clue what products and services this brand offers, but they have to have some type of IP that could benefit United across their business and potentially player ops side.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
"All of which leaves financial experts admiring the club's executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward's commercial acumen in securing TeamViewer, a remote software company from Germany"

'There are fewer companies in the market place now,' said Dr Rob Wilson, head of finance at Sheffield Hallam University.

'From a corporate point of view, companies have seen a downturn and it does not look right to spend a lot of money on shirt sponsorship.

'And as a proposition Manchester United is not as strong as it used to be.'

'My expectation was that they would have to settle for a deal of shorter duration and if they matched the money they made with Chevrolet that would be extraordinary.

'The fact they have found a relatively unknown sponsor that is prepared to pay £47m per year, which is almost a match of the Chevrolet deal, is very impressive.’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/s...abbit-hat-235-million-shirt-sponsor-deal.html

Hectic

Supports
30fps
We literally get linked to 100s of names each summer. We don't need to sign them for them to reap the publicity dividend.
They mentioned the scale of specific signings means their brand will increase massively from it.

davidmichael

£47 million a year plus a new automotive sponsor, a training kit sponsor that could be £10 million added to branding rights at Carrington as well as £24 million a year from Koehler could see the whole thing easily top £100 million a year which considering the pandemic is amazing, one thing we do excel in is sponsorship deals.

With us hopefully on the up and coming towards the end of the COVID pandemic we could be in a fantastic position to increase all of that in a few years too, this could be a massive year for us as a springboard going forward.

slyadams

I can see why this could work for TeamViewer. I've used them in a bunch of areas/applications. Its a low cost product that has applications and potential users all over the world. Getting it in front of 100s of millions of eyes every week could be transformative.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
So what do you guys think? Who'd be our "car" sponsor? I'm saying "Lada". 20 mil rubles per year.

Brightonian

I can guarantee right now that should they sponsor us for 20 years I will still never bother to learn who they are or what they do.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Can we have Chevy back :nervous:
Playing Devil’s advocate here (Hi, TeamViewer PR lurkers ;)) but is there any chance they redesign their logo to something more eye-catching/memorable in time to coincide with the new shirt’s release? Their current logo isn’t recognisable at all and this would be a great opportunity to re-brand before going on show to hundreds of millions of potential customers every single week.

Just a thought...

gorky_utd

I use TeamViewer a lot for remote access. Think it's a great deal for them to advertise their product.

mu4c_20le

I can guarantee right now that should they sponsor us for 20 years I will still never bother to learn who they are or what they do.
It's old tech, like napster or skype. If you never used it 10 years ago, chances are you never will. I'm surprised they are still around, let alone be rich enough to sponsor us.

talking robot

Can we have Chevy back :nervous:
This seems like an image from some sort of weird cognitive psychology experiment on how arrows influence visual attention. Don't know though if averting attention away from the body would help or hurt us during competition.