Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

red thru&thru

Mercedes could be a strong shout. The way Toto Wolff spoke about it, just gave me hope. Having the ability to share how they (F1 AMG/Toto) do things would be a great asset at United.

RC89

Mercedes could be a strong shout. The way Toto Wolff spoke about it, just gave me hope. Having the ability to share how they (F1 AMG/Toto) do things would be a great asset at United.
Sorry, what's this all about?

Micky Targaryen

"team viewer gets used by scammers"

So does Windows, would you have turned that down too?

Chevy's have probably been used by drunk drivers. Vodafone is used by all sorts of unsavoury people. Adidas probably have sweatshops.
Did anyone actually seriously raised this concern? :lol:

Holy feck , snowflakes man... Jeez.

red thru&thru

Sorry, what's this all about?
Toto recently talked about their teams new sponsorship with Team Viewer and how Mercedes and Manchester United could potentially cross platforms and help each other.

Here's the interview...https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/63277/mercedes-follow-manchester-united-with-no-brainer-new-sponsorship-deal/

Barnslig

If Manchester United can learn anything from Toto and the Mercedes F1 team we should be all for it. Maybe they can teach our amateurs a thing or two about managing a sports empire.

red thru&thru

If Manchester United can learn anything from Toto and the Mercedes F1 team we should be all for it. Maybe they can teach our amateurs a thing or two about managing a sports empire.
Haha, that would be good.

I do believe we have the right people in the wrong positions unfortunately. However, let's see what the "new" football structure brings.

Robertd0803

They announced a deal with Mercedes and the logo is white against the black background.

Having a partnership with Mercedes would be great if we took on some of their practices.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
My biggest question is - why the hell does Teamviewer want to be on Man United shirts? It is not a consumer brand, it's sold to clueless enterprise executives. And those would buy TeamViewer anyway, at least seeing it on a football team's shirts does nothing there. And yet TV is paying shitton of money to be on the shirt.

So weird. Is Woodward getting into money laundering or some shit?

TheReligion

Abusive
My biggest question is - why the hell does Teamviewer want to be on Man United shirts? It is not a consumer brand, it's sold to clueless enterprise executives. And those would buy TeamViewer anyway, at least seeing it on a football team's shirts does nothing there. And yet TV is paying shitton of money to be on the shirt.

Brand awareness? Same reason they have partnered with Mercedes F1 team

the company will be put on the shortlist of lots of procurement tenders as a result.

decorativeed

I thought the same about Aon. I think it was a vanity thing for them. I never needed luxury yaght insurance, and I'd imagine most other football fans were in the same boat, so it can't have made them much more money, if it even covered the cost of sponsoring us.

You see what I did there?

Mickson

We are talking about TeamViewer now, aren't we?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

I am sure there is some strategic reason behind it. They may be about to go on an acquisition binge or expanding their product lines?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
the only reason I’ve heard of them is because they are the software used by Indian scammers to trick old people into stealing their money.

I guess it’s not their fault, but man, what a shit thing to be known for.

If I was Indian I’d be fuming at how much these scammers have damaged their reputation. Honestly I put the phone down whenever I hear an Indian accent at this point because I just assume it’s gonna be “Steve” from “London”

sokol11

Why would Teamviewer need additional exposure on United shirt? They are already the dominant remote computer management solution. Mostily available for personal use for free. And companies that need them would buy the license regardless of being associated with United or not. I don't see where they will have any financial gain from this? Money laundering?

decorativeed

the only reason I’ve heard of them is because they are the software used by Indian scammers to trick old people into stealing their money.

If I was Indian I’d be fuming at how much these scammers have damaged their reputation. Honestly I put the phone down whenever I hear an Indian accent at this point because I just assume it’s gonna be “Steve” from “London”
Yeah, it can be used by scammers, but I've used it dozens of times legitimately because of my work using an external IT company. So it's not like it's excluseively used by criminals.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Why would Teamviewer need additional exposure on United shirt? They are already the dominant remote computer management solution. Mostily available for personal use for free. And companies that need them would buy the license regardless of being associated with United or not. I don't see where they will have any financial gain from this? Money laundering?
Just because they’ve the dominant force doesn’t mean they still don’t want to grab attention. There will be tonnes of self employed people or SMEs that don’t use them (or any computer management system in some cases) that may be subliminally swayed by sponsorship. That’s how it works.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Any money transfer service can also be used by scammers. Teamviewer has also tried to combat scammers too.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yeah, it can be used by scammers, but I've used it dozens of times legitimately because of my work using an external IT company. So it's not like it's excluseively used by criminals.
Yeah I know, it’s just a remote access tool isn’t it. IT at my work use something similar.

tugger

Teamviewr’s business model largely revolves around people being honest enough to actually pay for to use it. I reckon we should just pocket the money from them and sell the rights to someone else. They’re used to it.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How funny would it be if we didn't actually sign a deal with TeamViewer but it was Ed Woodward that got scammed by an Indian scammer who had him download and install TeamViewer on his iPad and then told him he was signing a lucrative deal with TeamViewer. I reckon old melon head is dumb enough.
I can imagine Woody getting scammed. He gets a random call one day "hello, this is Dave from Chelsea, we'd like to pay £40m for Phil Jones" a man with a heavy Indian accent says.

The man on the phone says he needs to connect to Ed's computer and brings up the bank transfer page where it seems as though Ed has been transfered £400m. The man on the phone deigns shock and Ed agrees to send back £360m in PlayStore cards.

Traub

A bit of a random bump, but it relates to the ESL:
Why did we sign a new sponsor before we announced the ESL? Assuming the ESL went over as the clubs expected, surely we would've received a bigger sponsorship post-ESL announcement / commencement.
It all screams of incompetence to me. The sponsorship side is supposed to be Woodward and Arnold's bread and butter, so I can't understand why they signed this prior to the ESL announcement.

stu_1992

Why did we sign a new sponsor before we announced the ESL? Assuming the ESL went over as the clubs expected, surely we would've received a bigger sponsorship post-ESL announcement / commencement.
It all screams of incompetence to me. The sponsorship side is supposed to be Woodward and Arnold's bread and butter, so I can't understand why they signed this prior to the ESL announcement.
Do we know for sure that wasn't factored into negotiations? It's possible that when they were shopping around for a sponsor that this was mentioned as possibility and it is factored into the price. I'm just speculating here, but the reality is none of us know.

Traub

Do we know for sure that wasn't factored into negotiations? It's possible that when they were shopping around for a sponsor that this was mentioned as possibility and it is factored into the price. I'm just speculating here, but the reality is none of us know.
True, I just think the ESL was kept so close to the chest for fear of leaks. Perhaps it was mentioned in passing. Having said that, if it was factored in, then the deal looks even worse - lower income than Chev whilst simultaneously entering into the ESL.

stu_1992

True, I just think the ESL was kept so close to the chest for fear of leaks. Perhaps it was mentioned in passing. Having said that, if it was factored in, then the deal looks even worse - lower income than Chev whilst simultaneously entering into the ESL.
Oh for sure, but you never what sort of NDA agreements could be signed when it comes to these sponsorship deals.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Woodward's impact on the commercial side is overstated. He's not done anything special with our deals.