Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

El Zoido

Nah come on, Chevy was fugly.

The more simple the sponsors logo the cleaner the design of the shirt is. It’s not that bad.

I think most are hung up over it not being a cool brand more than anything. Sponsor-Snobbery :smirk:
I think it’s because it’s too long, so it looks weird. Ideally the logo would be within the outer boundings of the Adidas and club badge. This would give it a better balance.

RUCK4444

I think it’s because it’s too long, so it looks weird. Ideally the logo would be within the outer boundings of the Adidas and club badge. This would give it a better balance.
Yeah and I think, as others have said, the squad logo will be placed above/under the TeamViewer writing which would balance it out a lot.

I think once they do that we will have some very nice kits in the near future, these included (imo.)

A bland logo is like a blank canvas when it comes to kits. Chuck a Chevy logo in the middle and your only trying to polish a turd.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
People complain about a big full colour logo for years

Sponsor changes and puts small colour fitting logo on our kits.

People still complain.

Maybe Adidas should just let people design their own kits.
Yeah It's just bizarre.

Bratt

The home kit is one of the best looking kits I’ve ever seen. Can’t understand all the complaints, the new sponsor looks ace.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
For me it looks even worse than Chevrolet, kind of cheap and ugly. I'll get used to it of course, like with every new kit.

hobbers

Red and blue kits look ok. Logo is awful though. And the kit with the red text is hideous.

Hopefully shirt sales plummet but I wont hold my breath.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Red and blue kits look ok. Logo is awful though. And the kit with the red text is hideous.

Hopefully shirt sales plummet but I wont hold my breath.
Hahaha fecking no pleasing some. How can one of the most plain, non intrusive logos be ‘awful’?

The kits are a bit boring and I don’t like 2 blue ones but they’re all nice enough.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
I like the home kit, the other ones? Not so much. 2 blue kits is a bit much too. 3rd kit looks like an Arsenal kit and the second one just has an average looking design imo.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
next season shirts

Those are feckin awesome shirts. After so many years with ugly Chevrolet logo, I would buy at least one of these if it turned out to be true.

I don't think they'll change logo colors between red, blue and grey shirts though, what might affect the general look hugely.

But again, this looks 10x better than current shirt.

Solskjær's Red Army

Supports
United & Rot-Weiss Essen
Hope it's fake because those are awful colours and designs for a United shirt other than the home shirt. They both look so cheap. Home kit is simple but the new sponsor also looks cheap. Uninspiring.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
fecking stunning collection of kits for next season. That home shirt is a thing of absolute beauty.

pablo__p

My wife's somewhat professional opinion was that these look as if designed by as a new student's first project and I think I agree :lol: But they clearly must have researched the general likeability levels etc. so I guess our taste is just completely different to the one of your typical shirt-buying aficionados.

clarkydaz

My wife's somewhat professional opinion was that these look as if designed by as a new student's first project and I think I agree :lol: But they clearly must have researched the general likeability levels etc. so I guess our taste is just completely different to the one of your typical shirt-buying aficionados.
they look dreadfully cheap.

Castia

I mean the red one is what everybody was asking for right? A basic, retro style shirt with a non intrusive sponsor. They all look brilliant in my opinion.

cyberman

Bad new kit, won’t increase the sales

Feck me do they not realise a pandemic hit? A lot of stores that carry shirts were closed and the world suffered a recession.
Surely this cant be true, its stupidly tone deaf

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Anything that hurts the Glazers is appreciated. Whether it's down to awful shirt design, the economic situation or anything else.

But maybe we are also finally starting to see an end to the ridiculous prices for a single T-Shirt. I've never bought a United kit because anything above £30 is ludicrous, as I'd never wear the kit outside for normal reasons. Plus, feck the Glazers.

tenpoless

Usually when you look at players showcasing a jersey they'd look serious or furious or smirking. Not McTominay. He looks like a teenager looking at a plane that is flying near his house for the first time with both hands in his pocket.

tjb

If Adidas want us, then they want us, if they don't, we're big enough to get a better deal elsewhere. We still have a large share of fans despite our recent lack of success. All this threatening and clauses are a bit tedious.

InfiniteBoredom

Yeah this feels like opportunistic sniping at the club rather than anything serious. If anything, a 6% drop in sales in the middle of a once in a century event shows how strong our brand is.

Castia

Doesn’t sound so bad considering the pandemic? They’d probably sell those shirts over the course of a season on match days if OT was open.

kiristao

Meh. It fell by 100,000. There's been a global pandemic and shops have been closed with people dying world wide. How does this compare with other clubs?

Absolutely nothing in this.
In fact Adidas should be happy that the drop is just 5%. Most store revenues have probably dropped by 30/40% in this last year.
Also, any idea if these numbers include sales at the Old Trafford Megastore?

choccy77

If Adidas want us, then they want us, if they don't, we're big enough to get a better deal elsewhere. We still have a large share of fans despite our recent lack of success. All this threatening and clauses are a bit tedious.
Ironically, If Adidas actually designed a classic shirt, they would sell millions, but they give us shit each year