Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

DoomSlayer

We are going to sell a trillion kits now aren't we!. Team viewer must be in complete ecstasy. Can't wait to buy a Ronaldo one again, last one I bought was the AIG one, hope he gets the number 7 again!
Yeah, it will certainly please all of our sponsors, even Adidas. :lol:

Red00012

Chevrolet leave and we sign Varane / Sancho and Ronaldo we will sell more jerseys in 6 weeks than the total sales in the past 18 months :D

ReallyUSA

Chevrolet leave and we sign Varane / Sancho and Ronaldo we will sell more jerseys in 6 weeks than the total sales in the past 18 months :D
Never been so proud to be an American. We sacrificed for the team guys.

Pavl3n

Honestly reckon the Chevrolet era was a curse anyway.
Funny you say that, because I think United's performance was epitome of Chevrolet's perception (or at least my personal perception of the brand) after the sponsorship was announced.
To me Chevy are not top quality cars, but they wanted to be seen as such and they spunk a good chunk of money just so they get closer to the top echelon of cars.
And so was United's performance during their Chevy sponsorship days. Big aspirations, throwing crazy money for transfers and under the bonnet we had Fellaini, Darmian, Sanchez, Young, Rojo, etc.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I actually like the logo. It reminds me of the Sharp ViewCam era.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Great sponsor. Looks 10x better than that cursed Chevrolet logo. That logo represents the worst days.

Moriarty

Great sponsor. Looks 10x better than that cursed Chevrolet logo. That logo represents the worst days.
Just like their cars. Reminds me of the old joke about their ads: 'For the last 10 years, 95% of Chevy trucks are still on the road' - the rest made it home.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
TeamViewer is overjoyed because suddenly they now have potentially 300m+ viewers looking at their sponsored logo.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
TeamViewer is overjoyed because suddenly they now have potentially 300m+ viewers looking at their sponsored logo.
In terms of brand recognition this about as good an outcome as they could've hoped for. If we win any major trophies even better, Team Viewer are basically guaranteed to be known world over.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Anyone here got TeamViewer shares in his portfolio? They are on an all time low and I am thinking if that might be a good opportunity…

TheHeya

Is it normal for a sponsor to announce with 4 years left on the contract they have no intention to renew? Bit embarrassing

peridigm

Team Viewer is a shit remote app that costs way too much. How they were going to sustain giving United millions was always puzzling to me.

Rolaholic

Since when do they announce these things 4 years in advance?? :lol:

Either way, the clubs commercial appeal will absolutely continue take a big hit the more time we go without on-pitch success contrary to what that marketing genius Woodward used to claim...

Acquire Me

Is it normal for a sponsor to announce with 4 years left on the contract they have no intention to renew? Bit embarrassing
It can at some big companies. If they got a new long term strategy in the planning or already set, they can release this to the press and/or shareholders. It’s no drama in this. But the press are looking at any angle to hurt us or make us look bad.

diarm

Maybe by announcing it now, they reckon they can entice someone to buy them out

Strootman's Finger

Is The 1958 boycott campaign working? Did Teamweaver get the message, deal with the Glazers and your fecked? I hope that is what's happened, because anything else makes us look like more of a joke.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Is The 1958 boycott campaign working? Did Teamweaver get the message, deal with the Glazers and your fecked? I hope that is what's happened, because anything else makes us look like more of a joke.
No. It’s because their share price lost 15% the day it was announced due to the sheer size of the deal and has continued to drop. It was a 250m deal and they’re blaming that as part of the reason.

Acquire Me

Didn’t the guy who negotiated the Chevrolet deal get fired because of the amount? Or was that a myth?
GM did not do well enough when he were in charge of the marketing. The deal with United was not the reason for him being axed. Numbers under his tenure did not meet the expectations and so they let him go. I did check the numbers at the time and he did not do great like he did with other car brands. He did get fired shorty after the deal with United and some media outlets started to speculate.

GM do love to be shirt sponsors on big sports teams and the VC was delighted with the deal.

RedDevil@84

No. It’s because their share price lost 15% the day it was announced due to the sheer size of the deal and has continued to drop. It was a 250m deal and they’re blaming that as part of the reason.
So share holders don't believe the company is capable of investing 250M in five years.

Barthez

All set up surely for the contract to be mutually terminated once we have someone else lined up. This will never last another 4 seasons.

RedDevil@84

Their annual revenue is only £420m - I guess they felt spending £50m a year on sport sponsorship (plus whatever they spend sponsoring Mercedes) is pretty crazy and eats into potential dividends/profit.
Interesting that they did not think about all that before they made the deal.