Manchester United announce TeamViewer as shirt sponsor

clarkydaz

Is The 1958 boycott campaign working? Did Teamweaver get the message, deal with the Glazers and your fecked? I hope that is what's happened, because anything else makes us look like more of a joke.
The club are more than capable of fecking things up all by themselves

Strootman's Finger

No. It’s because their share price lost 15% the day it was announced due to the sheer size of the deal and has continued to drop. It was a 250m deal and they’re blaming that as part of the reason.
Sounds like they'll be lucky to finish out this contract.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think it's fair to say that they weren't really geared up to get much mileage out of this sports sponsorship lark. There's something gloriously awkward about this celebratory message:

A bit of a shame though - the best name for a shirt we've had since Sharp.

Rolaholic

I think it's fair to say that they weren't really geared up to get much mileage out of this sports sponsorship lark. There's something gloriously awkward about this celebratory message:

A bit of a shame though - the best name for a shirt we've had since Sharp.
AIG and AoN >>>

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
TBH united would rather they agreed to terminate it earlier for two reasons, this was negotiated during peak covid so the landscape is much better now and the second reason was we negotiated this pre Ronaldo signing. If both parties agreed to mutually terminate it earlier, it will be a win win for everyone.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Doubt this decision has anything to do with anything the club did.

Smaller tech companies are being shat on in the current macroeconomic climate. The era of cheap money and easy funding is over. So it's not surprising that marketing budgets are being heavily reduced.

redshaw

Can't see it lasting to 2026

Ever since Vodafone left us these major sponsors don't seem to have gone well, like they've stepped in a cowpat in sponsoring us.

Strootman's Finger

Will probably suit both parties to move on from it. Chevrolet ending during the pandemic probably meant we had far fewer options to choose from - then again there’s a recession looming so maybe it wouldn’t be any better now.
It looks good though. I don't know anything about the brand, but aesthetically it's quite nice, the nicest looking shirt since Vodafone. I literally didn't buy a United product during the Chevy years, I'm not walking around with that embarassment of a logo on me.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'm still amazed how they were able to fund this sponsor, the only people that use this system are scammers.
Yeah, always found the sponsorship a bit weird. Every other company who have been main sponsors (Sharp, Vodafone, AIG, Aon, General Motors) have all been outfits with tens of billions in revenue every year.

Amarsdd

I've always wondered what a company like this get out of the sponsorship. Its such a niche product. Even if the eyes it gets from the sponsorship is high, I'd think only a minute percentage of them would ever need a product like that. Advertisements in tech websites or youtube channel would provide a much better returns.

Chairman Steve

I think this is more of a TeamViewer problem than a United problem. Tech industry is pretty volatile at the best of times, with new companies appearing on the block constantly. One year you could be top dog. The next you could be bottom of the pile.

Tiber

Crap company anyway. No clue which business suddenly decides to use TeamViewer because they sponsor a united kit

FatTails

Has nothing to do with United. Tech is taking a beating and much bigger companies than teamviewer are starting to cut costs, lay off people, talking about bloated staff, and having weird meltdowns about staff productivity.

We’re not in tech bubble per se, but tech lead the boom over the past few years and especially during the pandemic, and is being hit hard in the bust.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If TeamViewer is what I think it is, it would have been huge during the pandemic but no surprise if it is not as successful now that online meetings aren't absolutely necessary any more. I wondered from day one about the link up as if seemed odd to me given the size/fame of our sponsors in the past.

Mind you, it doesn't exactly scream that our executives are doing the best job for they dosh they get. maybe they are all cut from the same cloth as the Laurel & Hardy duo who are supposed to get transfers done...

cyril C

TBH united would rather they agreed to terminate it earlier for two reasons, this was negotiated during peak covid so the landscape is much better now and the second reason was we negotiated this pre Ronaldo signing. If both parties agreed to mutually terminate it earlier, it will be a win win for everyone.
And a new deal will be negotiated under POST Ronaldo era.