Manchester United announce sponsorship deal with Lego

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Is it like a limited edition or will I be able to purchase one at any time?

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Lego is insane these days. The big Starwars sets cost like 700€+.

izec

Great video, gets the juices flowing. 270 Euros is a bit steep for me personally, if it was half the price, i would go for it. I can see why some are tempted.

Having said that, i donated a large portion of that on some local charities in Australia today, so i feel that is money better invested overall.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Imagine forking out 250 notes for this and then the club announce another new stadium upgrade or even a new stadium all together (less likely of the two I know).

Think I'd wait personally.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'm so buying it. A big Lego fan already, must have spent 3k pounds on different Lego sets in the last couple of years anyway so this price doesn't scare me at all.

United Hobbit

I've had a bad day but the responses on this thread are brilliant :lol:

The Ole figure will need to come in a set with a dug out chair to sit on and must have a big smile on its face

The Jlingz figure will need to have more movable parts than the standard figure to enable full replication of his various dance moves for authenticity

The Phil Jones figure which sadly wont be becoming a collector's item anytime soon will need to have very close attention paid to the facial expression to ensure it is as realistic as possible

That OT set looks great like how even the banners are incorporated, does it light up or was that just part of the video. They should do a Lego Sir Alex to go with jt

Last edited:

United Hobbit

I see it even comes with a little bus :lol:

Hope it's more punctual than our real one it even looks like it's to scale given how few players we actually currently have fit!

klayton88

If it drops to £150 I'll consider it. Does it come with the leaky roof?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
What is this? A stadium for ants? The structure has to be a least three times bigger than this!

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah an unopened box of the right lego can easily double in value in a couple of years.

Reading the thread it is clear people here have no idea how much lego costs (unsurprisingly). Its a very cheap set for its size.
As a big fan of Friends I bought the Central Perk set. Might just let it stay unopened for some time! I see that the sold out Simpson‘s sets are going for a pretty penny now.

fps

I guess Pereira's staying around then, he looks like the stock guy, he's perfect.

klayton88

As a big fan of Friends I bought the Central Perk set. Might just let it stay unopened for some time! I see that the sold out Simpson‘s sets are going for a pretty penny now.
I doubt they'd discontinue the OT ones though.

pacifictheme

Yeah very wise. I have a small collection of sets i think will rise in value unopened in the loft.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Imagine forking out 250 notes for this and then the club announce another new stadium upgrade or even a new stadium all together (less likely of the two I know).

Think I'd wait personally.
Imagine that :lol:

Looks really cool though.

A-man

But is this really a sponsorship? I think it is more a partnership where both benefit. Lego have made several similar sets of famous buildings in this serie, and they have had many partnerships with famous brands (Ferrari, Volvo, etc).

Cloud7

Great video, gets the juices flowing. 270 Euros is a bit steep for me personally, if it was half the price, i would go for it. I can see why some are tempted.

Having said that, i donated a large portion of that on some local charities in Australia today, so i feel that is money better invested overall.
Objectively speaking, only one of these two things has brought hours of fun and joy to children and adults alike all over the world and sparked countless imaginations.

LEGO > Australia