Manchester united are interested in Botman

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
According to Men. Is he the dark Knight we need to save our defence?

padzilla

Hipster
It's a shame Robben retired, their link play could have made for a dynamic duo.

Tarrou

what's he like at fannying around at the back? that seems to be a key attribute we look for

Raven

He's one of my go to signings in FM, never seen him play in real life but if FM is anything to go by, he's a good player for a good price.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I saw him for the first time the other night, unfortunately it was a nothing game with very little goal mouth action at either end of the pitch so he wasn't really tested all that much

Looked relatively quick and has a size about him. Seemed to be alright on the ball as well

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Looks quite a big boy. Between him and Maguire we’d have two units at the back.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
what's he like at fannying around at the back? that seems to be a key attribute we look for
:lol: it's funny because it's true.

Trying to play out from the back and giving the ball away under a press has cost us several goals this season. We even had the stupidity to do it against the kings of pressing last Thursday - that's how fecking daft we are. West Brom showed how you play against Liverpool and that's by getting the ball up the pitch and not giving them the chance to win the ball high up for those cheap infuriating goals. The one time West Brom failed to clear it long on Sunday, they gave the ball away and Salah equalised.

macheda14

All I have to go on is him being a CB in Ligue 1's best defence. Him being 21 is slightly worrying as we need an experienced CB to steady the ship if Harry ever gets injured again.

UpWithRivers

Actually really good. When he's pressed he panics. One of his weaknesses I think. But I think its down to experience. He is a class player but we would have to wait a few years till he becomes the top player he will be that can only come from experience.

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
Botman wasn't even good enough for Ajax. He's never good enough for United.:lol:

Scholsey2004

I saw him for the first time the other night, unfortunately it was a nothing game with very little goal mouth action at either end of the pitch so he wasn't really tested all that much

Looked relatively quick and has a size about him. Seemed to be alright on the ball as well
Yeah looks like he has all the right ingredients and at just 21 could really kick on in the next few years. I think he should be our main target for CB. He should peak around the same time as Greenwood, Rashford, AWB, Sancho (presuming we get him) and Diallo as well which would already be the basis for a really strong group.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Who is this Batman guy?
Any good?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
6ft 4, brick outhouse, to alongside our other brick outhouse.

Presume this guy has a bit of speed though?

Walters_19_MuFc

If we bring in a left-footed centre back, does Maguire move to the right? If so, has anyone ever seen Maguire on the right? For as long as I can remember, he's always been a left-sided centre back.

Regarding Botman, I'm not too familiar with him but statistically, he's a monster in the air, winning 118 aerial duels out of 173. That's not too far Maguire, who has won 135 from 179.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If we bring in a left-footed centre back, does Maguire move to the right? If so, has anyone ever seen Maguire on the right? For as long as I can remember, he's always been a left-sided centre back.

Regarding Botman, I'm not too familiar with him but statistically, he's a monster in the air, winning 118 aerial duels out of 173. That's not too far Maguire, who has won 135 from 179.
A right footed centre back playing on the right should make you better on the ball distribution as if a player is on the wrong side, the angle is against him and he is forced to pass out, in line, with his weaker foot.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Botman wasn't even good enough for Ajax. He's never good enough for United.:lol:
Is that a good thing? :nervous:

Because Ajax‘s football and United’s football is like water and oil. VDB is a prime example.:lol:

Walters_19_MuFc

A right footed centre back playing on the right should make you better on the ball distribution as if a player is on the wrong side, the angle is against him and he is forced to pass out, in line, with his weaker foot.
In theory, yes, but Maguire is 28 now and has always played on the left. Would he be moved at this stage of his career? Maybe he would but some players are comfortable on the opposite side. John Terry was the same.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
In theory, yes, but Maguire is 28 now and has always played on the left. Would he be moved at this stage of his career? Maybe he would but some players are comfortable on the opposite side. John Terry was the same.
It will come naturally. He played on the right at Hull and who knows he might had played on the right at Sheffield United too.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
6ft 4, brick outhouse, to alongside our other brick outhouse.

Presume this guy has a bit of speed though?
Fine over 20-30 yards, stays on his feet, just 21 and an important member of a Lille team (has played more minutes than anyone apart from the goalie) that has the best defensive record and if they win their last game, will ensure PSG come 2nd in a 1-horse league.

Dutch, a unit, good over 20-30 yards, physical, stands up... hmmm??