Manchester United charged with failing to control players against Newcastle - Klopp charged too. Blames the wind.

MUnchies

Pawson has just refereed a championship match for the first time in years. That’s consequences. Your argument has more holes than a block of Emmental.
Exactly his point. First time in years when in reality he has been shit since so why hasn't he been reffing more Championship games then? Consequences that barely happens when refs have been fecking up forever.

His argument is spot on. Refs barely, if ever are held accountable and this has to change beginning with this.

phelans shorts

Exactly his point. First time in years when in reality he has been shit since so why hasn't he been reffing more Championship games then? Consequences that barely happens when refs have been fecking up forever.

His argument is spot on. Refs barely, if ever are held accountable and this has to change beginning with this.
Nah, you’re talking bollocks too

Hughie77

Klopp escapes a touchline ban but £30,000 fine. Pawson decides that he didn't blow his whistle that's since been shown he did? The players vent and the club get charged for it.

The players should have just excepted his mistake and move on I suppose! That's the proper thing to do by the (stars)..

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Wait, we're getting charged? Weren't our players just keeping Mitrovic away from the referee? Pretty sure I saw that referee charity praising our behaviour...

Blood Mage

The FA trying to prove that they're not just picking on the smaller club by charging us for absolutely no reason. Spineless cnuts.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We will surely appeal this one?

Zebs

Looking at the incident, a few players did surround the referee appealing for the initial handball. But none of it seems overly aggressive or any worse than what happens in 99% of games with a similar incident.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i bet it was that fecking casemiro.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Looking at the incident, a few players did surround the referee appealing for the initial handball. But none of it seems overly aggressive or any worse than what happens in 99% of games with a similar incident.
Haven't a few clubs done the same thing and nothing happened? Thinking City v us went mad Didn't they?

Zebs

Anyone got footage of our “offences” here?
About 7:30 into this you can see a good number of our players running towards the ref. There's better footage out there somewhere, I'm sure.

Nick7

Wait, we're getting charged? Weren't our players just keeping Mitrovic away from the referee? Pretty sure I saw that referee charity praising our behaviour...
I'd assume it was for before that when we were appealing for the penalty.

Zebs

I'd assume it was for before that when we were appealing for the penalty.
Yeah, you can see that in the two videos above but jaysis, nothing more than what happens in 99% of games.

Zebs

Why aren't Fulham being charged for the same? They had quarter of a dozen players sent off and their entire team was surrounding the ref ffs
They have. The FA announced their charges on Monday.

Also is "quarter of a dozen" a translation of some Norwegian say of saying three or what's going on there? :lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
The thing is, Sancho appealed for handball in a not particularly aggressive manner. It shouldn’t need the rest of the team running up to the ref and surrounding him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
So we're charged because we protested when a player clearly stopped the ball on the goal line with his hand, which the ref missed? And then VAR corrected?

That's fecking nonsense.

K Stand Knut

Who cares?

Stop with this whole idea that we’re being picked on.

The players won’t ever stop doing it, which I’m fine with but genuinely, who cares if we get charged for this?

Zebs

So we're charged because we protested when a player clearly stopped the ball on the goal line with his hand, which the ref missed? And then VAR corrected?

That's fecking nonsense.
The thing is, I guess, is that the players should know that VAR is going to check an incident like that. Surrounding the referee doesn't change that. I repeat though, what we did on Sunday is no worse than 99% of these incidences.

Bosws87

Maybe if the ref didn’t wave away the most obvious handball ever and only changed his mind when forced by VAR.

They wouldn’t of complained, it’s ridiculous to expect no emotion over such bad decisions.

People not robots.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
They have. The FA announced their charges on Monday.

Fair enough, only caught the Mitro and Silva charges the other day. Still it's wildly inconsistent when other teams get away with this every week.

The thing is, I guess, is that the players should know that VAR is going to check an incident like that. Surrounding the referee doesn't change that. I repeat though, what we did on Sunday is no worse than 99% of these incidences.
The issue is if our players don't surround the ref we might not get the decision, like we saw against Southampton a week before.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thing is that if there is no complaint, VAR often doesn't actually check.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why did Maguire run to the ref and complain with his arms in the air after the ref has given the penalty and 3 red cards?
His head was slow to process that this was one of those rare instances where VAR made the right call in our favor.

Zebs

Thing is that if there is no complaint, VAR often doesn't actually check.
That's not how VAR works though, they're constantly checking everything. We just don't hear about it until they ask the referee to stop play to give them more time to analyse an incident or to tell him to go to the monitor. To say VAR wouldn't have checked that handball without us approaching the referee is just plainly false.

Zebs

Bernd Leno is a lucky boy based on that clip.
Thought so too watching that actually. Very aggressive and came a long way. Deserved a yellow at the time and probably deserves an FA charge of his own.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
To be fair they've got us bang to rights with this charge. There's a good five or six of our players surrounding the ref. Not to shit on Maguire but in those situations he should be pulling our players back - he's the only one who is allowed to actually discuss these decisions with the ref anyway.

Having said all of that; you can see an identical situation like this every single week but I won't be surprised if nothing happens to whichever team does it next.

Chief123

His head was slow to process that this was one of those rare instances where VAR made the right call in our favor.
It’s really weird. I’ve honestly no idea what he’s complaining about.