Manchester United charged with failing to control players against Newcastle - Klopp charged too. Blames the wind.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Honestly just go feck yourselves

mav_9me

Haha what a joke. When I read the title of the thread, I was like for what incident? This was a nothing moment. Bunch of idiots

Idxomer

How about charging those incompetent refs for their own shitty performances?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
There was clear dissent from us, but nothing unlike you see in any other game, nor was it even the worst incident of dissent this gameweek.

I'd like to see both stronger and more consistent punishment for dissent. They need to throw the book everytime, even if it means throwing the book at everyone in the short term.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
How about they charge the referee's union for being completely and utterly shite?!

Telsim

They going to do the same to Liverpool and City? Yeah, didn't think so.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What a joke! Do Liverpool or city get charged aswell? Did guardiola get charged for ranting at the 4th official? The refs should do the job proper then! Bunch of amateurs

Loon

:lol:
Pawson is shocking. What a cry-baby. Clubs should be allowed to file reports on referee's performances too.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What happened? What incident was this as I missed the second half of the game?
Ronaldo’s “goal”. After he scored our players all protested around Pawson who disallowed it and gave Ronaldo a yellow card.

Remember the geese

It's the whole cure and prevention issue. The cure would be to make sure that the referee via the correct implementation of VAR, doesn't make these mistakes in the first place. Easy option is to blame the players for reacting to what they feel is an injustice.

RedDevil@84

Klopp should be charged too, right? He did the exact same thing? Maybe his was even more aggressive.
If that happens, Neville and Carragher will be discussing the troubles and pressures of a modern day manager and how it is natural to get angry in the heat of the moment. And FA should be considering that.

Lentwood

It's about time there was more transparency and referees were made accountable.

They've been a protected species for far too long, able to hide behind the 'it all happens so fast' line the pundits used to trot out.

Now they have no excuses and VAR has left them exposed...their almost exclusively weird, egomaniacal nerds who don't understand the game and/or how to apply the laws of the game

It's about time the FA offered scholarships to young men and women who fail to make the grade as footballers and fancy a career change. How many 18-23 year-old players get released from football league clubs every year and never find another team? If even 1% of these wanted to take-up a refereeing scholarship we'd be in a much healthier position in 5-years time

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I knew it as soon as we show a bit of aggression and stuff they'd clamp down on this. People been doing it for years when we were crap, and it was okay. Refs must be getting seriously pressured, which is a good sign.

I dont care what you say, you need the ref to be intimated and give you decisions that aren't necessarily yours.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Klopp's been charged as well now.

Bocca9978

I didn’t see that coming. Didn’t even give it a thought. Feck off FA.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
You presume Pawson has had a whinge to the F.A.
“Wah, wahhhh. Nasty big boys shouted at me :(

Can I have a whinge to the FA about Pawson ruining my weekend?

You could see from the multi player reaction that they all thought the same thing straight away. I’m still not sure what rule was used to say the defender didn’t take the FK (ball wasn’t moving, whistled)

MonkeysMagic

Covering your employees incompetence by charging the players complaining about your employees incompetence! Only in the world of the FA!

redshaw

I knew it as soon as we show a bit of aggression and stuff they'd clamp down on this. People been doing it for years when we were crap, and it was okay. Refs must be getting seriously pressured, which is a good sign.

I dont care what you say, you need the ref to be intimated and give you decisions that aren't necessarily yours.
It's more to do with the rising abuse refs get from parents and so on, being influenced with the behaviour of managers/players on TV busting a blood vessel in front of the ref.

I don't like the decisions either, the refs need to be improved at the higher level but I do feel there's a unhinged element growing that's too ready to verbally blast, kick and punch refs. You can't have top refs for thousands of games throughout the country. Some respect is needed as well.

Oranges038

It's about time there was more transparency and referees were made accountable.

They've been a protected species for far too long, able to hide behind the 'it all happens so fast' line the pundits used to trot out.

Now they have no excuses and VAR has left them exposed...their almost exclusively weird, egomaniacal nerds who don't understand the game and/or how to apply the laws of the game

It's about time the FA offered scholarships to young men and women who fail to make the grade as footballers and fancy a career change. How many 18-23 year-old players get released from football league clubs every year and never find another team? If even 1% of these wanted to take-up a refereeing scholarship we'd be in a much healthier position in 5-years time
Was thinking about that the other day.

I wouldn't be surprised if you'd find out the only people who stick it out all the way are not much different from what we see on a regular basis anyway.

90 + 5min

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63299435

Klopp should be charged too, right? He did the exact same thing? Maybe his was even more aggressive.
They can charge our team how much they want. I see it as a good thing that team reacts collectively on decisions that were clearly against us. I missed that passion. Reminds me of time when we had warriors like Keane, Butt, Stam and so on. However, there is always a line you can't cross.

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Will wait for the punishment. Isn't this his second charge for same offense?
Well, if you want to include every time he's actually screamed in the face of a linesman/fourth official/ref, it's probably about his hundredth offence, but I doubt that will count for much.

Not sure if he's been formally charged before now.

RedDevil@84

Well, if you want to include every time he's actually screamed in the face of a linesman/fourth official/ref, it's probably about his hundredth offence, but I doubt that will count for much.

Not sure if he's been formally charged before now.
Ya of course. FA usually ignores his shouting because it is Klopp and its Liverpool. Which is consistent with what media does.

phelans shorts

I mean, we had to be really. It doesn’t matter that the call was wrong, you can’t have all ten outfield players surrounding the referee complaining like that. It was obvious at the time. Not sure how anyone can complain