Manchester United co-chairman Joel Glazer will pay his club's portion of the goodwill contribution and the competition revenue

dinostar77

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57031372
European Super League: Nine clubs given financial sanctions by Uefa over breakaway

.."The nine clubs have agreed to make a combined 15m euros (£13.4m) goodwill contribution to benefit children's and grassroots football across Europe.

They will also have 5% of Uefa competition revenues withheld for one season, starting in 2023-24, and this money will be redistributed, including in the UK.

Manchester United co-chairman Joel Glazer will pay his club's portion of the goodwill contribution and the competition revenue, which will not come out of club funds...."

Infra-red

Nice of him to use some of the £20m in dividends they take from the club every year, to pay the £1.48m bill that his reckless actions have created. A true hero.

Flanders Devil

Nice of him to use some of the £20m in dividends they take from the club every year, to pay the £1.48m bill that his reckless actions have created. A true hero.
Not all heroes wear capes, what a legend.

I also find it ironic that the wording of this fine makes it seem like the clubs got together and decided that 15m is the punishment, rather than it being sanctioned by UEFA.Almost reinforces the power play.

Speedicut75

Now, now, that's not the spirit: he's promised to be a good boy in the future, so for the sake of all things magnanimous you should dutifully tow the line, swallow the kool-aid, and wait for the dawning of our glorious tomorrow(s). ( Now if only he'd fix the fecking roof I could turn up to OT without an umbrella. )

OverratedOpinion

I find it fascinating to see them sweating. I really didn't expect it given how they have responded (or not responded) to other protests.

mu4c_20le

Thought it was 15m per club for a second. Would've been some statement if he stumped up 15m of his own cash.

Counterfactual

They own the club. It's still the club's money. What a stupid differentiation to make. Joel takes a slightly smaller dividend. Wow. Am I missing something?

bsCallout

Doing the right thing is always the right things.

Don't care what anyone says, It seems like Joel is prepared to listen.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
hero is a term bandied about a lot nowadays, but here we are, stood in the presence of one.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
hero is a term bandied about a lot nowadays, but here we are, stood in the presence of one.
Thank you for your kind words, I don't think that I deserve it though.:nervous:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Thank you for your kind words, I don't think that I deserve it though.:nervous:
anyone that can smuggle that amount of hamsters within their person deserves it, tbh.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Doing the right thing is always the right things.

Don't care what anyone says, It seems like Joel is prepared to listen.
“and witness me here, an hero, for i have taken my foot off the head of this drowning boy”

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
He’s not just a pretty ponytail.
to be fair to him, i’ve not seen a mostly bald person pull off a ponytail like that since winston churchill.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
They own the club. It's still the club's money. What a stupid differentiation to make. Joel takes a slightly smaller dividend. Wow. Am I missing something?
They also own a large NFL franchise and property empire so to assume the money will be coming strictly from United is possibly erroneous.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"Sure, it was me that set your house on fire, but I've let you use my phone to call the fire department haven't I, so quit your bitching!

Now, where did you park your car? I've half a can of petrol left."

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Okay, so Joel may actually put money in? Well, that would be impressive. I expect he'll take a smaller dividend and claim it's the same thing, but you could be right...
As long as it doesn't come out of or impact United's operating budget I'm ok with it. This was an error on the part of the club's directors and officers and as such they should shoulder the financial burden.

alexthelion

fecking hell you’re relentless.

The cheek of saying he’s paying it himself after siphoning millions out of the club.
As if another owner wouldn't or hasn't

You do realise that bad ownership didn't start with the Glazers, don't you?

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The other club owners are paying the fines from out of their own pockets too, as per that article, and damn right they should, given that it was their very own actions which led to the fines.

You'd have to be a humongous tit to use the club's funds, in this particular context, so don't exactly see what's the positive spin here (if there is supposed to be one).

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
You mean a few posters on a forum?
Aside from a few contrarians, I'd expect most rational United fans, including the vast majority on this site who agreed with the protests, will want something more tangible than another open letter before they start trusting the Glazers.