Manchester United goals in gfycat form

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Not even a United fan but this is a great piece of work, brilliant effort Mrs Smoker

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
2010/11 goals are annoying. Taken from that absolutely disgusting season review DVD with literally 10 different camera angles between shot and goal and weird music in the background. One of my favourite seasons too.

Trizy

How have I never seen this thread? Brilliant work.

EDIT: First time watching all of our 07/08 goals again. feck me the amount we scored as a result of a corner and even more crazy the amount of fumbles and fukey goals we scored is insane.

Just proves you need incredible luck to become Champions. We were by far the best team in the world that year but we needed lucky goals a lot.

EDIT 2: Still watching. The amount of headers scored is ridiculous. We beat Arsenal 4-0 with 4 crosses! Also everything Ronaldo touched turned to goal no matter what was he struck the ball.

Last edited:

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
2010/11 goals are annoying. Taken from that absolutely disgusting season review DVD with literally 10 different camera angles between shot and goal and weird music in the background. One of my favourite seasons too.
I still can’t belive that decision got all the way to print without anyone saying “er...hold on, this is horrendous and no on will like it”... It’s up there with that time a lady put a cat in a bin.

This thread is gold btw. I’ve had it stickied since it was posted and still occasionally waste whole days on it.

Ibi Dreams

Forgot about this thread, but it really is incredible work. I'm surprised this didn't get picked up by some online news outlet somewhere, it's so comprehensive and so accessible

CM10

Christ that must've taken a long time. Nice idea.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

MUFColin

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/...te_a_reddit_bot_that_can_show_you_any_united/

This is just freakin' outstanding. Thanks to @Schmiznurf for letting me know it exist.

Any coders among caftards, can anyone do something similar for Cafe?

!goalbot Forlan, Liverpool

Forlan: Premier League, 02-03
Forlan: Premier League, 02-03

It works!

(sorry, just a copy/paste :-p)
Glad you like it! Writing the bot would have been impossible without any of your work.

As for something similar for RedCafe, I'm not really sure. Reddit's API makes it incredibly easy to parse comments as they come in (via /r/subreddit_name/comments/). As for RedCafe/Xenforo, the APIs that do exist are either unofficial/un-maintained (or both), and don't seem to have any functionality remotely close to that of reddit/twitter/etc.

Reactions: KM

TheSandman

Glad you like it! Writing the bot would have been impossible without any of your work.

As for something similar for RedCafe, I'm not really sure. Reddit's API makes it incredibly easy to parse comments as they come in (via /r/subreddit_name/comments/). As for RedCafe/Xenforo, the APIs that do exist are either unofficial/un-maintained (or both), and don't seem to have any functionality remotely close to that of reddit/twitter/etc.
you are an absolute legend for that reddit bot, cant wait till you update it a little more for ease of life use (as if it wasnt easy enough!)
thanks again

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

It's a brilliant work, many thanks for doing it, and makes me all the more glad I uploaded them all in the first place.

MUFColin

It's a brilliant work, many thanks for doing it, and makes me all the more glad I uploaded them all in the first place.
I've clipped all the missing goals from this album and uploaded them/this season's goals to the albums found here. The quality isn't perfect for all of them, but there are multiple angles for most and the naming conventions are consistent with previous seasons.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Thanks again. I quit doing them then because I just lost the will, and figured in the modern age, everyone can easily find them whenever they want.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Thanks.

Plan is to transfer all those tables from first few posts to google docs and link each goal to gfycat video of it. Just the plan at the moment, not sure I have will or time for that now as it would take some time, few thousand goals...

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Thanks.

Plan is to transfer all those tables from first few posts to google docs and link each goal to gfycat video of it. Just the plan at the moment, not sure I have will or time for that now as it would take some time, few thousand goals...
Amazing effort!

May be me but when I click on links, says "page not found"?

Uniquim

Amazing effort!

May be me but when I click on links, says "page not found"?
If you mean on Gfycat, if that happens to you then you should be able to fix it by shortening the URL so that it looks like

Code:
https://gfycat.com/WellmadeMellowIndiancow
instead of

Code:
https://gfycat.com/@mu_goals/1991-92/detail/WellmadeMellowIndiancow

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Weird, I'm getting two different layouts for the same links, but from different pages.

Url from page 1 of this topic (gfycats load when you hover your mouse cursor over them):

Url from the post just above this one (all gfycats appear already open, looks messy with all the movement - prefer the old layout):