Manchester United have never beaten Jose Mourinho away from home

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah Mourinho had a great home record with Chelsea for sure. Not so great with Spurs.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Controlled the game against Inter at the San Siro in 09 with nothing to show for it on the night. Prefer to forget about our encounters at the bridge against his Chelsea sides. Dong Fangzhou receiving a guard of honour in 07 being the only exception.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
Now is as a good a time as any to put that right, his home form as a manager is incredible... love him or hate him it's undeniable.

Last edited:

SuperiorXI

Now as a good a time as any to put that right, his home form as a manager is incredible... love him or hate him it's undeniable.
His entire philosophy is about not losing, even a draw is acceptable. With the home advantage and the fact that Mourinho is a great manager makes it less harder to believe we've failed to beat him away.

OleTheGreat

Be that as it may, Jose's Spurs are not in par with his ideology of how football should be played. For sometime now though, i have seen Spurs playing the way United were playing during his tenure here. With Kane up front, they do have a striker that Jose loves. He likes a big strong number 9 who can lead counter attacks and with wingers like Son and Moura, they can go for it on both sides of the pitch. What i love about this particular fixture is that Pogba and Bruno are going to play alongside each other and it's going to go bonkers on the pitch. They're both such elite players that i can already envision their positions on the pitch with regards to keeping possession and making sideways and inwards movements confusing the heck out of the opposition and since Jose has no idea how it can pan out, he can only either man mark them or play a zonal defense. I have never really seen Jose's sides open up and create beautiful plays. Its always pushing from the back and he wants his players to move quickly up the pitch and when they lose possession, he wants them back quickly in holding positions. The United we are today can decimate his teams but we need to be careful with Kane. I have faith in Bissaka to hold Son but Kane is the danger man. I hope Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Bruno and James do things that gets on Jose's nerves. Cannot wait for it to start! GGMU!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It happened fecking loads of times when he was our manager.

siw2007

Well there is no better time to put that right than now.

But I think some people are a little over confident. This will be a very tough match, Spurs have a strong selection of players including talents like Kane and Son and have a lot of experience. They haven’t played well this year but they will obviously raise their game and be well prepared.

With us, we potentially could click and win convincingly but I don’t think that will happen. Rashford and Pogba are only playing their first games back, neither have really played with Bruno yet so we don’t know whether it will gel from day one and then of course no one is properly fit.

I personally think this game will end up a draw.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Mountains are there to be climbed.
And climbers are there to be mountained.

But really though, We're talking about the 'sacked multiple times' version of Jose here. Why are We afraid now? Didn't most of us think He was finished? He was outdated? you would think He was worse than Roy Hodgson.

Last edited:

Baneofthegame

Be that as it may, Jose's Spurs are not in par with his ideology of how football should be played. For sometime now though, i have seen Spurs playing the way United were playing during his tenure here. With Kane up front, they do have a striker that Jose loves. He likes a big strong number 9 who can lead counter attacks and with wingers like Son and Moura, they can go for it on both sides of the pitch. What i love about this particular fixture is that Pogba and Bruno are going to play alongside each other and it's going to go bonkers on the pitch. They're both such elite players that i can already envision their positions on the pitch with regards to keeping possession and making sideways and inwards movements confusing the heck out of the opposition and since Jose has no idea how it can pan out, he can only either man mark them or play a zonal defense. I have never really seen Jose's sides open up and create beautiful plays. Its always pushing from the back and he wants his players to move quickly up the pitch and when they lose possession, he wants them back quickly in holding positions. The United we are today can decimate his teams but we need to be careful with Kane. I have faith in Bissaka to hold Son but Kane is the danger man. I hope Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Bruno and James do things that gets on Jose's nerves. Cannot wait for it to start! GGMU!
Great post.

davidmichael

I’d imagine that’s Chelsea and Real though right ? Chelsea have always been a horrible ground for us to go as far back as I can remember (late 80’s) and how many teams have beaten Real at theirs over the last 20 years ? Records are there to be broken and I really fancy us tonight.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Surprised how mediocre Man. United's general away record is considering all the pace in the team.

Just 3 away wins all season although two of them were at Man. City and Chelsea. Mind you Arsenal only one twice away all season and Spurs three.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Surprised how mediocre Man. United's general away record is considering all the pace in the team.

Just 3 away wins all season although two of them were at Man. City and Chelsea. Mind you Arsenal only one twice away all season and Spurs three.
It's actually 4 away wins in the league I think you'll find!!

:nervous:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's actually 4 away wins in the league I think you'll find!!

:nervous:
Sorry yes skimmed over Burnley over xmas.

5-6 is still a bit under par if say you win 2 out of your last 4. What was the least amount of away wins you had in a season under Fergie, 10/11? Although you were near invincible that season at Old Trafford.

Moyes won 10 away games in the league before he got sacked, LVG 6 in his first season so just seems a bit on the low side to me considering all the pace you have in final third.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sorry yes skimmed over Burnley over xmas.

5-6 is still a bit under par if say you win 2 out of your last 4. What was the least amount of away wins you had in a season under Fergie, 10/11? Although you were near invincible that season at Old Trafford.

Moyes won 10 away games in the league before he got sacked, LVG 6 in his first season so just seems a bit on the low side to me considering all the pace you have in final third.
Consequence of a very young team lacking creative players for much of the season I guess

Will need to improve next season that's for sure