Manchester United home kit 2018/19

Morpheus 7

Don't like it based on that picture, looks like something a small side would wear, but it's just a kit at the end of the day.

At least horizontal lines are slimming, so Shaw'll be happy if he's still around.
The lines get thinner at the top, his tits will just look huge on the top half. Imagine him at pre season in the US with all them burgerkings around, christ.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Why are these training/lounge kits always so much nicer than the actual kits? Ridiculous.
Most are tired of us who complain about the Chevrolet logo, but it really is the main sticking point.

stevoc

Can’t wait for that Chevrolet deal to expire. Surely we will find a sponsor with a simple logo next time after this mess.

Bet it would result in a lot more sales too.
No doubt that will be the clubs main priority when seeking a new sponsor after Chevrolet. Secondary to how much they will be paid each year.

I can't believe United didn't even consider all the fashionista's within the fan base when they agreed that Chevy contract. Heartless bastards.

Chillosophy

Its been bothering me these last years how good our kit could potentially look if the Chevy logo was all white. Wouldnt work for them though I guess.

MUFC OK

Couldn't they just have used a colour inverted version of this for the home kit?
Yes, but that would entail have a genuinely nice home kit, which kit designers for United have been reluctant to produce for the last 10 years. The fact that our pre-match tops have looked so much nicer in recent years makes me think that it may be a deliberate marketing strategy i.e. 'the home kit doesn't need to be nice, millions will buy it anyway, lets focus our attention and effort on producing pre-match kit that fans will WANT to buy'

Charging £50 for a training top would suggest a lot has gone into it..

dove

Yes, but that would entail have a genuinely nice home kit, which kit designers for United have been reluctant to produce for the last 10 years. The fact that our pre-match tops have looked so much nicer in recent years makes me think that it may be a deliberate marketing strategy i.e. 'the home kit doesn't need to be nice, millions will buy it anyway, lets focus our attention and effort on producing pre-match kit that fans will WANT to buy'
Our home kits are usually decent (apart from 2009-2010 shite), the biggest problem is Chevy logo which makes the whole kit look not so good.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I fecking knew people would say that training top is better. :lol: Clearly isn't. I swear people just like to moan.

MUFC OK

Our home kits are usually decent (apart from 2009-2010 shite), the biggest problem is Chevy logo which makes the whole kit look not so good.
True, it has been 4 years now and it still sticks out as a massive eyesore, almost to the point of ruining every kit. We really should go for a sponsor with a white logo when this deal expires, cant think of another top club with a sponsor logo in a colour completely at odds with the colours and design of their kit.

kr0nix

Have there been any solid leaks of the pink kit? Haven't seen any personally

stevoc

True, it has been 4 years now and it still sticks out as a massive eyesore, almost to the point of ruining every kit. We really should go for a sponsor with a white logo when this deal expires,
Do you think the club will even factor that into the process when it comes to deciding on the next sponsor?

cant think of another top club with a sponsor logo in a colour completely at odds with the colours and design of their kit.
The Chevy logo is white/black and gold. The club colours are Red, white, black and gold badge. So is it really at odds with the colour scheme?

GwilDor

So, apparently Adidas forgot that they postponed the release of next seasons 3rd kit until friday, and put it up for sale on their website this morning. Pictures on scandinavian supporters branch website here
I like the color, but its a rather boring design imo. All depends on how it fits on an actual person i guess.

MUFC OK

Do you think the club will even factor that into the process when it comes to deciding on the next sponsor?

The Chevy logo is white/black and gold. The club colours are Red, white, black and gold badge. So is it really at odds with the colour scheme?
1. I have no faith that they will.

2. If you see parity between the yellow/gold colour in the club badge and the Chevrolet gold logo then one of us may be slightly colour blind

SirAF

Ageist

and for the 10000th time: The Chevy logo is perfectly fine!

Oaencha

So, apparently Adidas forgot that they postponed the release of next seasons 3rd kit until friday, and put it up for sale on their website this morning. Pictures on scandinavian supporters branch website here
I like the color, but its a rather boring design imo. All depends on how it fits on an actual person i guess.
The black trim around the neck does it no favours. They should have kept the gold theme.

stevoc

1. I have no faith that they will.
They definitely won't and nor should they.

2. If you see parity between the yellow/gold colour in the club badge and the Chevrolet gold logo then one of us may be slightly colour blind
Ah so slightly different shades of gold are completely at odds with each other. Ok.

MUFC OK

They definitely won't and nor should they.

Ah so slightly different shades of gold are completely at odds with each other. Ok.
1. Perhaps because the general consensus amongst fans (customers) is that our kits are spoilt by the obnoxious gold logo gracing all of our shirts.

2. There is really no similarity, hence it looks like an afterthought.

If you simply quite like the logo then fair enough, personal taste and all that.

kr0nix

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PHS3ZoOXPW4/WvFqgp1bm5I/AAAAAAABi_s/EIWmxcezpVgDAwUO-Z4AY7rcqOpI3_3NwCLcBGAs/s1600/Man Utd-18-18-third-kit.jpg

From the Australian Adidas store, which was swiftly taken down... More images here

stevoc

1. Perhaps because the general consensus amongst fans (customers) is that our kits are spoilt by the obnoxious gold logo gracing all of our shirts.
I get what you are saying mate but i doubt there is a general consensus among fans, is there any proof of this? Most likely don't care and even if they did the club wouldn't let that get in the way of the best sponsorship deal they can get. Whichever company is willing to pay the most money regardless of the colour/design of their company logo will be on the shirt, except maybe if the company is involved with something unsavoury.

2. There is really no similarity, hence it looks like an afterthought.
You think there's no similarity between two different shades of gold, again ok mate. Can't say i agree but fair enough, personally i've never looked at any of the recent shirts and thought to myself ''Oh the shade of gold in that Chevy logo really clashes with the shade of gold in the club badge.''

We've had home kits with shades of red that were different to the shade of red in the badge, did you think that clashed also?

If you simply quite like the logo then fair enough, personal taste and all that.
I don't particularly like or hate it mate, i don't care it's a football shirt not a fashion item. I just find it hard to understand why 4 years into the Chevrolet deal people are still using kit threads to complain about a sponsors logo, its not a new logo its the same one since 2014. A logo that we 100% know is going to remain on the shirt for at least another 3 years. It's not new news, we know it's not going to change so just accepting the reality of it would maybe make more sense.

MUFC OK

I get what you are saying mate but i doubt there is a general consensus among fans, is there any proof of this? Most likely don't care and even if they did the club wouldn't let that get in the way of the best sponsorship deal they can get. Whichever company is willing to pay the most money regardless of the colour/design of their company logo will be on the shirt, except maybe if the company is involved with something unsavoury.

You think there's no similarity between two different shades of gold, again ok mate. Can't say i agree but fair enough, personally i've never looked at any of the recent shirts and thought to myself ''Oh the shade of gold in that Chevy logo really clashes with the shade of gold in the club badge.''

We've had home kits with shades of red that were different to the shade of red in the badge, did you think that clashed also?

I don't particularly like or hate it mate, i don't care it's a football shirt not a fashion item. I just find it hard to understand why 4 years into the Chevrolet deal people are still using kit threads to complain about a sponsors logo, its not a new logo its the same one since 2014. A logo that we 100% know is going to remain on the shirt for at least another 3 years. It's not new news, we know it's not going to change so just accepting the reality of it would maybe make more sense.
It's about opinions and of course I haven't conducted a study into what percentage of fans favour/dislike/haven't considered the Chevrolet badge but to me I can't love any of our shirts whilst its on there. A poll would probably be more conclusive. I personally wear the rerelease of the 1986 home shirt which I love.

Of course money talks and whoever pays the most will have their logo adorning the shirt but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on whether I like it or not. After 4 years I still can't stand it and hope our next sponsor is white, similarly to Sharp, Vodafone, AIG and AON.

I'm aware it isn't a 'fashion item' but funnily enough a lot of classic shirts are, yet to me none of our Chevvy shirts are classics in the making. Also isn't the whole point of these threads is to debate the aesthetics of our new shirts? Anyway, that's probably enough said.

Todd

Can someone make a photoshop of the third kit with a proper United badge rather than the gold one?

These kits would look so much better if they didn't mess with the badge.

stevoc

It's about opinions and of course I haven't conducted a study into what percentage of fans favour/dislike/haven't considered the Chevrolet badge but to me I can't love any of our shirts whilst its on there. A poll would probably be more conclusive. I personally wear the rerelease of the 1986 home shirt which I love.

Of course money talks and whoever pays the most will have their logo adorning the shirt but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on whether I like it or not. After 4 years I still can't stand it and hope our next sponsor is white, similarly to Sharp, Vodafone, AIG and AON.
Of course mate we are all entitled to have an opinion, but moaning about a logo we know will be there is about as useful as moaning about the new home shirt being red.

I'm aware it isn't a 'fashion item' but funnily enough a lot of classic shirts are, yet to me none of our Chevvy shirts are classics in the making. Also isn't the whole point of these threads is to debate the aesthetics of our new shirts? Anyway, that's probably enough said.
Yes to discuss the aesthetics of the new shirts but before we even see a hint of what the new shirt will look like we know the Chevrolet logo will be on it, so it's no surprise and yet people keep reacting to it like it's the first time they've seen it 4 years in.

redchamp

After the initial disappointment of it not matching up to some of the concepts, it's looking pretty good in the end, navy and gold is a classy colour combo which is difficult to mess up too badly.

Now just hoping the cup name and number print is in gold, that would really make the shirt.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I refuse to believe that’s real. It’s fecking ghastly and that’s coming from someone who actually quites like pink as a colour.
From what I gather, this site is normally very reliable... but I’m inclined to agree, I’m struggling to see our players lining up in that next year.

JMack1234

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why are we discussing the awya and third kit in the home kit thread? Standards are dropping.