Manchester United is not Manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
A note to all the passionate Mancunians out there:

Manchester United is YOUR club. You were raised in Manchester. You live and breathe the club.

Now, your success has been so remarkable that it’s gone global. There is feck all you can do about it. Manchester United now belongs to us all and we are all contributing to the club's unparalleled success. My suggestion is, rather than claim ownership based on location, perhaps it is better to be proud of your city's legacy and accept that we all share a common love.

Who here has read the Little Prince? Fantastic book. In MY world I have tamed Manchester United and it has tamed me. It is MY club, because of all the time I’ve dedicated to it.

To quote the fox: “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important…"

I honestly don’t give a feck about Manchester. EDIT: I don't really care about the city. I care very deeply about Manchester United. Now, if someone tells me they are a "superior" or a "more important" fan of MY club, because they live in the city then it just seems really, really petty.

We’re on the same team for god’s sake. Chill out and get with the times.

Last edited:

Herman Toothrot

So insecure.

You can visit, you can stay but you can't take Manchester away.

It's part of the city, if you don't recognise that, you're fecking stupid.

Lyng

THought it was a thread by a City fan when I read that headline...

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
World United?
Worldwide United?
Global United?
Earth United?
Universal United?
All-inclusive United?
Comprehensive United?
Unlimited United?

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation

Manchester United is YOUR club. You were raised in Manchester. You live and breathe the club.

Now, your success has been so remarkable that it’s gone global. There is feck all you can do about it. Manchester United now belongs to us all and we are all contributing to the club's unparalleled success. My suggestion is, rather than claim ownership based on location, perhaps it is better to be proud of your city's legacy and accept that we all share a common love.

Who here has read the Little Prince? Fantastic book. In MY world I have tamed Manchester United and it has tamed me. It is MY club, because of all the time I’ve dedicated to it.

To quote the fox: “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important…"

I honestly don’t give a feck about Manchester. I care very deeply about Manchester United. Now, if someone tells me they are a "superior" or a "more important" fan of MY club, because they live in the city then it just seems really, really petty.

Tripe.

McTerminator

Yeah, I was born in Manchester grew up and lived there for 21 years, but to quote myself from the ‘most important’ supporters thread:

This thread is absurd.

Our dedicated match going fans are very important sure and should be looked after, but to say those few thousand fans are more important than the millions and millions of fans worldwide is insanity.

1 match going fan is probably more important to the club than one non-match going fan, but that is not the equation here.
:lol::lol::lol:

Obviously the match going fans are important and the club wouldn’t be worth a damn without fans in the ground, but to my knowledge there is still a wait list for season tickets so fans in the ground is not currently under threat.

Also, the club wouldn’t be what it is without the huge fan base which is worldwide.

End of the day both sets are important to the club and statements like the one released by Sir Jim just split the fan base when both sides need each other, that’s why it’s a stupid stance for him to take.

arthurka

I don´t live in Manchester but I´ve been many times do I count? Am I enough? Dear God answer me.....

Von Mistelroum

Weird topic. I'm from a little town which is right between Bradford, Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield. I've been a United supporter since around 7 and it's definitely a Manchester club. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Decent enough northern city...

Spoony

The People's President

I honestly don’t give a feck about Manchester. I care very deeply about Manchester United. Now, if someone tells me they are a "superior" or a "more important" fan of MY club, because they live in the city then it just seems really, really petty.

What have you done @Wumminator?

M16Red

Manchester utd is in greater manchester, not Manchester.

Our ground is in the borough of Trafford which is not Manchester.

I'm from Old Trafford so I win.

Spoony

The People's President
Manchester utd is in greater manchester, not Manchester.

Our ground is in the borough of Trafford which is not Manchester.

I'm from Old Trafford so I win.
Yeah but United was born in Newton Heath. Give it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.