Manchester United Kits 2010/2011

wr8_utd

:'(
The overall kit with the jersey and the black shorts actually looks pretty dam good :D

dev1l

Evra looks great in that kit- not sure about Rooney though..you know those horizontal hoops :lol:

Still a classy kit imo.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I seem to remember some people even complaining about the 06/07 kit. Maybe my favourite kit yet.

To be honest, I haven't disliked a kit for years. Oh, some of our kits the last few years have been less exciting than others, but in the end I usually grow fond of almost all of them.

Unam333

I like the deep red color. Our kit this season looks really stylish, I love it. The away kit with the horizontal stripes looks amazing as well. I dig the look. It looks kinda creative and different. IMO, the home kit shouldn't be too creative. I don't care about our away kits. Creative patrons and designs, everything is ok really. A little creativity in the away kits is always welcome.

I'm happy we have a proper kit after two seasons of mediocre looking kits. The chevron kit was easily the worst kit in recent years. I hated that one. I was kinda surprised that after the seasons 06-07 and 07-08 (which were IMO the best looking Nike-kits) were followed up by two seasons of awful looking kits.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looks good in the Evra action shot, but in the still pictures in the changing room it looks awful. Probably down to how baggy the sleeves are where in the action shot they aren't at all. Fishy.

mufcwarm92

That kit looks amazing in that Evra shot. I didn't really understand the criticism it got when leaked, and as expected it looks good on the player.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Official shots from Man United's facebook

This season Manchester United will play in a striking blue and black away kit, inspired by the blue kits worn in several of the club’s most famous victories, including the 1948 FA Cup final and the 1968 European Cup final.

The new away shirt consists of a royal blue body and sleeves with hoops made of small midnight navy blue and black stripes. There are exactly 11 stripes in each hoop to represent each member of the United team.

The pattern of the shirt is modelled on a previous United away shirt, which consisted of red and white hoops and was worn between 1932 and 1939. It was also briefly adopted as the Reds’ home shirt for the last two months of the 1933/34 season.

The shorts are entirely black except for the same hoop from the shirt, consisting of 11 midnight navy blue and black stripes at the bottom of the back of each leg. The socks are black with a white devil from the club crest on the calf and a royal blue band at the top.

The new away kit is made from Nike’s ground-breaking recycled polyester – which for the first time includes both the shirt and shorts. Each complete kit is made up of up to 13 reclaimed plastic water bottles, reducing energy consumption by up to 30 per cent.

Ace

I've never been a big fan of hoops. I still think it looks like a pre-match top.

Heardy

The new away is growing on me! Actually quite like it in those shots!

On a side note, did anybody see ashley young's interview in the tunnel post the New England Revolution match?! There was some weird red detail on the shoulders of his shirt that isn't on the replica one?!

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Home kit is fine, away is a bit shit.

The shorts are rather long, looks a bit spastic. Anyways, off to the Megastore!

Jonno

Once we play a few games in this kit, I'm sure most will grow to like it. I think it's smart, if only I knew Ashley Young's official squad number I would go and get it today.

stubie

I really like both kits this season

The home kit reminds me of the home kit 2000-02
The away kit reminds me of the away kit 1999-2000

decorativeed

The new away is growing on me! Actually quite like it in those shots!

On a side note, did anybody see ashley young's interview in the tunnel post the New England Revolution match?! There was some weird red detail on the shoulders of his shirt that isn't on the replica one?!

The players shirts are usually a bit different from the replica ones but this year and last it has been much more noticable. The 2006/07 replica shirts differed from the players ones only really because the wash labels were printed onto the fabric of the inside of the players shirts, other than that they were almost identical.

Last year Nike produced an "authentic" version of the home shirt that cost £90 and had the venting panels under the arms and the left sleeve stripe did not have the red devil at the bottom. The seams were heat bonded rather than stitched. It was the same as the players kits, except (again) for the wash labels which were the same as normal replicas. Basically you paid double to get a shirt that they could have made as the standard replica and indedd would have done in previous years. They made it so the differences between the standard replica and the players shirts were noticable to many people, unlike in the past where you'd have to be an expert to spot the difference.

In short they've done the same this year. Looking at photos from the match, the shoulder seams are different - like on the France and Inter players shirts - and the club crest appears to be printed directly onto the shirt. The retail version is stitched on. I expect the imminent release of another double-priced "authentic" shirt.

Here's the same kind of shoulder thing on the new Inter players shirt:

It seems to be completely unnecessary.

SharkyMcShark

Horrified
Using location as a tagline: because I'm just not
I only noticed the venting thing with last years home when looking at pics of the title celebrations (although that speaks more to my vision I suppose).

In 08/09 the players third shirt didn't have the 68 European Cup Final embroidering around the badge like the replica did, although I don't think they released an 'authentic' version.

decorativeed

No, the 2008/09 third shirt replicas had the commemorative embroidery but the player's shirts didn't. They only started to produce these "authentic" replicas last season.

decorativeed

Yes it was. I was agreeing with you about that and the "no" was in reference to you saying Nike didn't produce an Authenic version of that. I was agreeing by saying "no", if you get me.