Manchester United Kits 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonusroller

Unique city kit for next year.

Truth be told it would be best if the kit manufacturer was changed every 4 or 5 years to keep things fresh. I'm glad we have adidas as i'm an 80's fanboi. Some of the kits that Nike made were poor but I think that is down to the pressure to make 3 unique kits every year. Adidas will be a bit of a change but will also suffer the same problem especially towards the end of the deal.

Todd

Truth be told it would be best if the EPL put into effect some sort of rule stating that clubs must keep the same kits for a set number of years.

Isn't anyone else bothered by the fact that United (and every other team, basically) bring out 3 new shirts every single season in a shameless attempt at a money grab?

This is so different from most pro sports leagues here in America where teams pretty much keep the same uniforms for years and years.

NM

Truth be told it would be best if the EPL put into effect some sort of rule stating that clubs must keep the same kits for a set number of years.

Isn't anyone else bothered by the fact that United (and every other team, basically) bring out 3 new shirts every single season in a shameless attempt at a money grab?

This is so different from most pro sports leagues here in America where teams pretty much keep the same uniforms for years and years.
Or you know, people can just not buy the kits? The red home kit is typically the same year after year, and the white away has minor changes. Third kit is usually blue/black.

If people are ok with old kits, they don't buy the new ones. Nobody is forcing them to buy kits.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum

The shirt styles remain the same, but I mean for the NFL they bring out a new seasons worth of apparel they market every year, hats, scarves, shirts, jackets all that type of jazz they recycle yearly.
Also on the subject of the NFL, its also rather difficult to pickup a jersey without a players name & number on the back, with free agency and salary cap, star players can be cut/traded at a drop of a hat... making your *hero* Jeresey rather redundant at a spectacular rate of knots.

diarm

Why should we be bothered by this?
People who [can afford it/want to/are foolish enough to waste money they don't have] on buying the latest shirt every year, put money in the club coffers which allows me to watch better footballers every weekend.

The rest of us buy one every few years as our financial circumstances allow.
This idea that clubs making a product available is somehow to blame for bad parenting or poor fiscal responsibility is nonsense.

Heardy

Why should we be bothered by this?
People who [can afford it/want to/are foolish enough to waste money they don't have] on buying the latest shirt every year, put money in the club coffers which allows me to watch better footballers every weekend.

The rest of us buy one every few years as our financial circumstances allow.
This idea that clubs making a product available is somehow to blame for bad parenting or poor fiscal responsibility is nonsense.
A single bloke in his teens/20s/30s has that freedom to choose if he wants one. Your average dad with 3 kids that all want a new shirt every year "cos all their mates are wearing them" is under a lot more pressure!

diarm

A single bloke in his teens/20s/30s has that freedom to choose if he wants one. Your average dad with 3 kids that all want a new shirt every year "cos all their mates are wearing them" is under a lot more pressure!
The average dad with 3 kids can tell his kids they can have a United jersey every year, but it will be their Christmas & Birthday present and they won't be able to go see United play. Or they can have a jersey every few years, and go to Old Trafford for a game that year. Like my Dad did. I chose the latter option and have made it this far without any lasting psychological damage.

Teaching kids to make decisions based on resources available isn't bad for them you know?

NM

What? He can learn to tell his kids no! People have to learn to live within their means. I'd love 3 United kits every year, but I can't afford it. So I don't buy them. Simple.

Heardy

What? He can learn to tell his kids no! People have to learn to live within their means. I'd love 3 United kits every year, but I can't afford it. So I don't buy them. Simple.
The average dad with 3 kids can tell his kids they can have a United jersey every year, but it will be their Christmas & Birthday present and they won't be able to go see United play. Or they can have a jersey every few years, and go to Old Trafford for a game that year. Like my Dad did. I chose the latter option and have made it this far without any lasting psychological damage.

Teaching kids to make decisions based on resources available isn't bad for them you know?
Of course - that doesn't take away from the fact that it puts people under more pressure. Same with kids boots selling for £10 a pair - its ridiculous. No kid needs boots that are that extravagantly priced, but they'll all want them.

NM

Of course - that doesn't take away from the fact that it puts people under more pressure. Same with kids boots selling for £10 a pair - its ridiculous. No kid needs boots that are that extravagantly priced, but they'll all want them.
Heardy, so what if they want them? I wanted a lot of expensive stuff growing up - it doesn't mean my parents gave it to me. People either learn to live within their means, or go into debt. None of that is the fault of the people who advertise products or change them constantly.

Heardy

Heardy, so what if they want them? I wanted a lot of expensive stuff growing up - it doesn't mean my parents gave it to me. People either learn to live within their means, or go into debt. None of that is the fault of the people who advertise products or change them constantly.
I agree that people should live within their means - and i'm not saying that any parent should spoil their kids, rather I agree denying their latest fancy teaches the value of money!

All i'm saying is that the release of new kits every single year puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on parents. Of course it's commercial but were we as fans any worse off in the 90's when the kit lasted 2 years...?

NM

I agree that people should live within their means - and i'm not saying that any parent should spoil their kids, rather I agree denying their latest fancy teaches the value of money!

All i'm saying is that the release of new kits every single year puts a lot of unnecessary pressure on parents. Of course it's commercial but were we as fans any worse off in the 90's when the kit lasted 2 years...?
As fans we were not. However, this is more revenue for the club so they will do it.

diarm

Toys R' Us bring out new ranges of toys several times a year. Nestle and Cadbury are always bringing out new ranges. Sticker books, computer games. There are a millions items on the market that kids will want because their mates have the latest one. But football shirts seem to be the only one people complain about being refreshed every year.

predator

Youth NITK
I agree to a certain extent that bringing a new kit out each year is a money making ploy by these sports companies however each shirt has its own season and therefore can become sacred. For example the 1999 treble season kits are special for fans for the fact they were worn in such an amazing year. I also don't mind wearing an old United shirt if it's nice. I'll probably buy the white Adidas one next season as it looks stunning and could be worn with jeans unlike Nike kits imo.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Those AON training kits look mighty nice. I complain about Chevrolet every couple of pages in this thread.:mad:

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan

i'm with you on this. completely.

it's even worse to see that some clubs, such as liverpool, have even officially unveiled next season's kits before this year is even over! it's mental.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Or do what the smart people do. Go on AliExpress.

Raptori

Special needs
I love that website. Haven't bought a kit from it yet... been meaning to give it a go. Tons of other stuff though, it's ridiculously cheap.

Heardy

I'd heard some great things about AliExpress, suggested it to my sis for my xmas present. Went with a reputable seller with great feedback - suffice to say product never arrived and took until the new year to secure a refund.

Not sure if that was the minority, or whether its the luck of the draw!

El-Manos

Truth be told it would be best if the kit manufacturer was changed every 4 or 5 years to keep things fresh. I'm glad we have adidas as i'm an 80's fanboi. Some of the kits that Nike made were poor but I think that is down to the pressure to make 3 unique kits every year. Adidas will be a bit of a change but will also suffer the same problem especially towards the end of the deal.
It's a nice shade of blue but my God, what is with the aquarium pattern?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Black one looks naff.. white is sexy. Every time I have got a united kit we have won the champions league so I am thinking I should buy one the year after so my odds of keeping this streak going are better.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

That kit is lush, shows you can be creative and don't have to have the same boring design from the past 20 years.

Castia

Nah that black one is real, there's too many separate sources with images of it, these things always end up the finished product. I think we've had a kit leak every season for years now.

I'm going with the black one anyway, the blue one linked above is awful and there's no chance they wont have the 3 stripes plastered on the sleeves.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Nah that black one is real, there's too many separate sources with images of it, these things always end up the finished product. I think we've had a kit leak every season for years now.

I'm going with the black one anyway, the blue one linked above is awful and there's no chance they wont have the 3 stripes plastered on the sleeves.

This one was reported all over the place last year and didn't end up being real. Just because they start making fakes of it China doesn't mean it has to be real.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read

This one was reported all over the place last year and didn't end up being real. Just because they start making fakes of it China doesn't mean it has to be real.
How many separate pictures of that kit do you have? Also those were being circulated in December 2013, iirc. So way before, Nike actually make the final decisions for the kit.

Footyheadlines, which are extremely reliable due to almost never getting anything wrong, didn't report that as being our new kit last year. What they have reported this year is the away and the third kit being the white and black ones shown on previous pages respectively, but have yet to report on the home kit, which is good news as the ones going around are not only horrendous but obviously fake.

JoaquinJoaquin

How has a conversation about next years kit's turned into a discussion on how best to raise your kids? :houllier:

Just buy the kits from a good seller on Ali Express if needs be and you can have all 3 shirts for £30

Shark

@NotShark
I'm usually a big fan of United black kits, but that one just doesn't do it for me. I hate that it looks like a Chelsea kit from a few years back and the fact that even our badge is orange. Just looks cheap.

decorativeed

Seems odd to me too. How many black kits have we had? Five?

1993-95: Black with yellow and blue
1998-99: Black with lime green and white
2003-05: Black with white
2007-08: Black with red (sponsor is only white part of kit)
2009-11: Black with blue

Why is it in five attempts we've had so many colours used, but only once have we been given a combination that pairs black with red? It would seem the obvious choice.

Andy_Cole

I'm usually a big fan of United black kits, but that one just doesn't do it for me. I hate that it looks like a Chelsea kit from a few years back and the fact that even our badge is orange. Just looks cheap.
Yup that's my thought too. It looks like a Chelsea shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.