Manchester United Kits 2017/18

Clas Sified

The colour mainly
When have they had a grey kit? I'm sorry if it comes across as having a go at you, but it's just a pet peeve of mine when people hate on something and then make up reasons to fit that hatred, rather than having reasons that make the kit hateful.

ravi2

When have they had a grey kit? I'm sorry if it comes across as having a go at you, but it's just a pet peeve of mine when people hate on something and then make up reasons to fit that hatred, rather than having reasons that make the kit hateful.

Sorry is that grey?
I thought it was light blue

Philadelphian

The thought of that third kit potentially coming to fruition is stressful (jokingly). Adidas wouldn't spite us like that for being nothing more than Europa league fodder would they?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
As sure as the sun sets, people will moan about the logo in this thread.

vk20legend

That third kit could be the real one. I remember something about how Adidas making it a competition where regular fans designed the third kit on their website and the winner's design would be the third kit for next season. I can see something like this as the winning design.

Or I'm just completely wrong and all three are fake ones. :)

MadMike

As sure as the sun sets, people will moan about the logo in this thread.
It's a shitty logo and (even more importantly) their cars are generic, rubbish, GM-made cars. Couldn't we have Porsche or something, imagine how much classier that would look on our shirts

Last edited:

Jay Pascal

Love the logo. Hope they re-up for 10 more years! ;) Different strokes for different folks.
I love the logo too. I find it great on my red top. My 18 months baby adores it, keeps pointing and touching it.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
That kit is hideous (it's basically the crap blue 91 away redux) but people seem to have a weird blind sided fetish for black kits, when we've only ever actually had one good one. Two at best.

It looks like the kind of thing joggers wear. Or people in the background of really shit Urban music videos on Channel U.

Jaxdan

It's a shitty logo and (even more importantly) their cars are generic, rubbish, GM-made cars. Couldn't we have Porsche or something, imagine how much classier that would look on our shirts
You ever actually own one? I have owned several as I do currently. Never had any problems whatsoever and very pleased with them. Try paying for a water pump or even a fuel filter on that Porsche. :smirk:

MadMike

You ever actually own one? I have owned several as I do currently. Never had any problems whatsoever and very pleased with them. Try paying for a water pump or even a fuel filter on that Porsche. :smirk:
Yep, owned a Vauxhall/Opel. If you can afford to buy, insure and pay the petrol on that Porsche.... paying the filter should not be a problem at all.

Jaxdan

I don't like the white shirts, i prefer black and blue for the second/third kit's main color, but any design that takes us as further as possible from the "worker bee" concept of this season is more than welcome for me. It's the one thing that irritates me more than the Chevrolet logo and it's simply atrocious on this season's white shirt.

Funny, because almost everyone I know loves the look of this season's white third kits.

Jaxdan

Yep, owned a Vauxhall/Opel. If you can afford to buy, insure and pay the petrol on that Porsche.... paying the filter should not be a problem at all.
Yeah no kidding. I could also buy 5 Chevy's for the cost of 1 Porsche. :cool: Don't get me wrong, if I hit the Lotto or something maybe....but just the insurance tab ain't worth it to me.

BTW- Mid 90's or so, I would agree with you other than their trucks. But in 2017, almost ANY brand vehicle are good. Too much competition not to be.

MadMike

Yeah no kidding. I could also buy 5 Chevy's for the cost of 1 Porsche. :cool: Don't get me wrong, if I hit the Lotto or something maybe....but just the insurance tab ain't worth it to me.

BTW- Mid 90's or so, I would agree with you other than their trucks. But in 2017, almost ANY brand vehicle are good. Too much competition not to be.
But are we any car-maker/team or are we Porsche/United. You see my analogy? Elite team advertising elite products. Chevvies are decent for their price point, which is that of a generic, low-mid cost cars (depending on model). On par with their abundant competition if you will.

EDIT: Plus, I just don't like their logo :lol:

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Funny, because almost everyone I know loves the look of this season's white third kits.
Really? Maybe it's just me, i never really liked it and it looked even worse to me when i checked it out in a store. The only white shirts i liked were the Adidas one we had in the early 90s and last season's design which was reminiscent of that 90s shirt. As for the worker bees, i don't think they look good on the red shirt either.

Jaxdan

But are we any car-maker/team or are we Porsche/United. You see my analogy? Elite team advertising elite products. Chevvies are decent for their price point, which is that of a generic, low-mid cost cars (depending on model). On par with their abundant competition if you will.

EDIT: Plus, I just don't like their logo :lol:

I got you and understood. I actually like the logo because it's different. Could be another "Fly Emirates" like half the other clubs around the world or another betting firm like half the PL. But to each his own of course. As for Porsche, or any other company for that matter, if they came up with the reported 47mil a year Chevy does for that sponsorship, I'm sure United would be willing to listen.

Jaxdan

Really? Maybe it's just me, i never really liked it and it looked even worse to me when i checked it out in a store. The only white shirts i liked were the Adidas one we had in the early 90s and last season's design which was reminiscent of that 90s shirt. As for the worker bees, i don't think they look good on the red shirt either.
No it's just a matter of different tastes and opinions. We all see things differently. I think my favorite kit is actually last seasons black, but to me I like 'em all (some better than others) as long as they have our beautiful badge on them. :)

Cheekiey

I got you and understood. I actually like the logo because it's different. Could be another "Fly Emirates" like half the other clubs around the world or another betting firm like half the PL. But to each his own of course. As for Porsche, or any other company for that matter, if they came up with the reported 47mil a year Chevy does for that sponsorship, I'm sure United would be willing to listen.
VW group own Porsche, so I can't see VW passing up the opportunity and give it to a sister company to be our main sponsor, although it would look stupidly cool with Porsche written across the front in there mean looking font.

MadMike

VW group own Porsche, so I can't see VW passing up the opportunity and give it to a sister company to be our main sponsor, although it would look stupidly cool with Porsche written across the front in there mean looking font.
That argument is made invalid by the fact that Chevrolet are owned by the General Motors who are the American equivalent to the VW Group. They own the Vauxhall, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Opel, and Wuling brands. They also owned Pontiac, Hummer and Saab until they were wound down and removed form the market.

So, Porsche could very well be on our shirts if they wanted to. Keep the dream alive :drool:

Jaxdan

That argument is made invalid by the fact that Chevrolet are owned by the General Motors who are the American equivalent to the VW Group. They own the Vauxhall, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Holden, Opel, and Wuling brands. They also owned Pontiac, Hummer and Saab until they were wound down and removed form the market.

So, Porsche could very well be on our shirts if they wanted to. Keep the dream alive :drool:
Probably so. But they basically bank roll Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga, so probably be a hard sell to the share holders and board.