Manchester United Kits 2019/20

Canagel

Can we please revert back to red shirt, white shorts and black socks?

I despise this seasons home kit!
I disagree .This seasons home kit is the best in years. Really grown on me

decorativeed

I hate how Adidas refuses to use our badge in its proper colours on away shirts. Makes them look naff.
Nike's last few change kits were the same. It's a club decision - a way of making the badge more modern without actually having to design a completely new one.

decorativeed

They had a dodgy year last year, but have done a good job this year. Decent turnaround after the dark years of them being owned by Nike.
The time they were owned by Nike, Umbro produced some of their best ever stuff, certainly a massive improvement over the previous five or six years till that point.

The trouble was, it was expensive to produce and Nike let all their contracts lapse, so they could cherry pick the best ones for themselves and then sell the brand as a loss-maker with no top clubs.

decorativeed

I can’t help but feel kit makers do this sort of thing (make us wear black shorts and red/black socks for a season) precisely so next season we can go back to white and they can market it as some sort of homecoming
Bingo. It's an inevitable result of the modern era of having three new kits per year.

Nick7

The time they were owned by Nike, Umbro produced some of their best ever stuff, certainly a massive improvement over the previous five or six years till that point.

The trouble was, it was expensive to produce and Nike let all their contracts lapse, so they could cherry pick the best ones for themselves and then sell the brand as a loss-maker with no top clubs.
Yeah by dark years I meant losing all the contracts because Nike wanted them and was talking about that.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Adidas is shite, we need Nike back
Adidas is better than Nike
Adidas use the same template for every club
Shirt looks nice but the Chevy logo ruins it
When does Chevy's sponsorship expire?
Can I buy the shirt without the Chevy logo?
Kit is ugly but it'll grow on me when I see it on the players
I miss the 90s Umbro kits with the SHARP logo
Black away kit from 2007-08 was the best
When are they going to put "Football Club" back on the badge?
I still have mine :drool:

decorativeed

Yeah by dark years I meant losing all the contracts because Nike wanted them and was talking about that.
Ah, sorry, I thought you just didn't their stuff back then.

I got to visit their offices in Manchester recently. It's still pretty good, but the set-up of the company is odd. They are basically two different firms now - one in licencing and one doing design.

PeteManic

It won't be all black. probably black shirts but could be any combo of red short and grey socks or grey shorts and red socks. feck knows anymore. The club has gone to shit.

CA1

Adidas have been really hit or miss.

2015/16 was great. Last seasons was OK too. 16/17 was mediocre at best.

This seasons kits are the worst we've ever had. The black shorts at home are a stain on our history. I'm actually grateful we have them in the season we play so badly because whenever I see a clip of us playing in them at home, it looks surreal and not like Manchester United. Thank God we won't have an iconic moment at OT wearing black shorts. The away kits are also awful. Whoever was in charge of our kits for this year should be sacked.

Judas

Open to offers
Adidas have been really hit or miss.

2015/16 was great. Last seasons was OK too. 16/17 was mediocre at best.

This seasons kits are the worst we've ever had. The black shorts at home are a stain on our history. I'm actually grateful we have them in the season we play so badly because whenever I see a clip of us playing in them at home, it looks surreal and not like Manchester United. Thank God we won't have an iconic moment at OT wearing black shorts. The away kits are also awful. Whoever was in charge of our kits for this year should be sacked.
What if they were Jose's choice? Would you still feel that way?

CA1

What if they were Jose's choice? Would you still feel that way?
Yes!

You miss my point on Mourinho anyway, I'm not that bothered if he's sacked. I've more just stated that the new manager won't make a big difference and the bigger problems firmly lie elsewhere.

Nick7

Ah, sorry, I thought you just didn't their stuff back then.

I got to visit their offices in Manchester recently. It's still pretty good, but the set-up of the company is odd. They are basically two different firms now - one in licencing and one doing design.
Yeah looking back my post seems that way. Should.have clarified. I thought Umbro were dead and buried a few years back.

cathari

Can't fault it, really, if it's the pink kit in beige.

But more importantly, where is the news on the home kit? Shouldn't it have leaked a couple of months ago?

Nick7

Can't fault it, really, if it's the pink kit in beige.

But more importantly, where is the news on the home kit? Shouldn't it have leaked a couple of months ago?
Think it's going to be red, mate.

Ban

I just hope it won't be black shorts cause black shorts are a stain to our history.

:lol:

tomaldinho1

If they modernised this slightly for next season's kit, it'd be incredible. The Umbro diamonds down the arms....where have those good old days gone

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

If they modernised this slightly for next season's kit, it'd be incredible. The Umbro diamonds down the arms....where have those good old days gone
Maybe if Umbro sponsor as again one day

tomaldinho1

Maybe if Umbro sponsor as again one day
Do they sponsor anyone these days? Kits used to be much cooler though. This is first PL year, shimmer was clearly in & some of these sponsors (or lack of) are gold

RyRy11

My bet is that from afar it will look like an off white more than beige. Adidas kits for the last couple of seasons have been very hit or miss.

L1nk

Badge inspired by the 99 kit, on top of hiring Ole

Castia

Would look amazing with white trim, not feeling the black.