Manchester United legends v Liverpool legends

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
anyone at the match today?

Video https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...ends-2-1-manchester-united-legends-highlights

Manchester United Legends: Raimond van der Gouw, Ronny Johnsen, Jaap Stam, Danny Pugh, Antonio Valencia, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Dimitar Berbatov, Fraizer Campbell, Karel Poborsky.

Subs: Kevin Pilkington, Denis Irwin, Clayton Blackmore, Reece Brown, Roy Keane, Eric Djemba-Djemba.

Liverpool FC Legends: Jerzy Dudek, Bjorn Tore Kvarme, Stephane Henchoz, Martin Skrtel, Gregory Vignal, Maxi Rodriguez, Momo Sissoko, Xabi Alonso, Stewart Downing, Anthony Le Tallec, Andriy Voronin.

Subs: Sander Westerveld, Fabio Aurelio, Djimi Traore, Glen Johnson, Salif Diao, Mark Gonzalez, Albert Riera, Luis Garcia, Robbie Keane, Florent Sinama-Pongolle.

Member 125288

I was, very much a game of two halves. Roy getting booed every touch was pretty funny,

I thought Carrick stood out for us, and Irwin looked surprisingly fit for his age. Was nice to see Wes’ younger brother Reece get a run out too.

I thought at the time Campbell was level for the disallowed equaliser and that video has not changed my mind.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was, very much a game of two halves. Roy getting booed every touch was pretty funny,

I thought Carrick stood out for us, and Irwin looked surprisingly fit for his age. Was nice to see Wes’ younger brother Reece get a run out too.

I thought at the time Campbell was level for the disallowed equaliser and that video has not changed my mind.
I agree. Was a good finish too. What were Stam and Ronny J like?

im surprised that Keane actually got involved in something like this

Member 125288

What were Stam and Ronny J like?
Solid, clearly still have their defensive brains, and seeing Stam get on the end of almost all their crosses brought back some memories, but the standout at the back for me was Tony V. Made a lot of runs down the wing into space and sadly I don’t remember him getting picked out much, especially once Carrick left the pitch. He looked like he did when he was still playing at the top level (and still a physical beast).

It was very obvious to me who of the old boys still had it (Stam, Johnsen, Irwin, Keane) and who’s touch had gone (Blomqvist in particular), and Blackmore bless him could barely move for extra timber. Obviously Berba, Fletch, Carrick, Tony V, Gibson and Campbell all still looked pretty sharp, and we should’ve scored more in the first half against their older legs - we played some nice one touch stuff, dominated the ball and really should’ve taken more of an advantage of the fitness difference Before they freshened it up in the second half.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Member 125288

Chucking the term "legend"around a bit losely there!

Who the fudge is Reece Brown?
Quite, he’s Wes Brown’s younger brother, who I don’t believe managed a senior appearance for us.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Saw the notification from United app saying United were 1-0 up against Liverpool. Thought they were taking the piss and it was an attempt to get me opening the app, apparently not, didnt know there was a "legends" game.

arnoldS

What the hell are you on about, where does he have moobs in this picture?

Foxbatt

I see that Berba has not lost his touch nor his strolling around. :D

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I mean....what? He's fitter looking than 90% of the caf easily anyway, myself included...and he's 20 years my senior :lol:
He looks fitter because the camera is Ultra HD. The same way if you see a 4k resolution picture of Santa he looks younger.