Manchester United- Liverpool Combined 11 (Neville X Carragher)

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

So according to them 8 liverpool players are in automatically . Allison, TAA, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, VVD, Salah and Mane. That leaves 3 spots open. A center back, a number 10 and a forward.

Carragher went for Matip, Bruno and Greenwood.

Neville went for Maguire, Firmino and Ronaldo.

No Pogba, Rashford or Varane in either team.

Neville going for Firmino over Bruno is incredible

My combined 11 would be: Allison, TAA, Varane, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Pogba, Bruno, Salah, Greenwood, Ronaldo.

Skills

Snitch
They never discuss, who they'd have managing the combined XI

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
if there is a difference, we went 2-0 down to win 3-2, they did it the wrong way round. and they needed a red card. pretty clear that all previous honours should move across to us, leaving us with 39 league titles.

Ddannidom

Mine would be: Ddg, TAA, Varane, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Pogba, Hendo, Sallah, Ronaldo, Mane.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Allison, TAA, Varane, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Pogba, Bruno, Salah, Ronaldo, Mane/Rashford.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
People picking Greenwood over Mane haha

Based on current form:

Allison
TAA_Varane_VVD_Shaw
Fabinho_Pogba
Salah_Bruno_Mane
Ronaldo

Based on top level shown in the PL previously

DDG
TAA_Varane_VVD_Robertson
Fabinho_Pogba
Salah_Bruno_Rashford
Ronaldo

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Based on current form:

Allison
TAA_Varane_VVD_Shaw
Fabinho_Pogba
Salah_Bruno_Mane
Ronaldo

DDG
TAA_Varane_VVD_Robertson
Fabinho_Pogba
Salah_Bruno_Rashford
Ronaldo
Interesting you put DDG and Rashford above Allison and Mane. DDG was a freak shot stopper in his prime, I feel like Allison is the complete deal and controls all facets of the game.

gregor

Based on current form:

Allison
TAA_Varane_VVD_Shaw
Fabinho_Pogba
Salah_Bruno_Mane
Ronaldo

DDG
TAA_Varane_VVD_Robertson
Fabinho_Pogba
Salah_Bruno_Rashford
Ronaldo
Varane played 5 matches in PL...

Baneofthegame

Interesting you put DDG and Rashford above Allison and Mane. DDG was a freak shot stopper in his prime, I feel like Allison is the complete deal and controls all facets of the game.
Peak DDG was the best goalkeeper in the world for a season, especially for a team that would basically concede 1/2 chances a game, right now and the past 2 seasons obviously Allison has been far superior.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
De Gea in his prime never made clear and obvious mistakes that lead to goals, Allison has made a shit ton in the short period of time he's been in the league. You can honestly go from the Sunderland league cup tie under Moyes all the way through to the 19/20 season and I don't remember a howler from DDG

Comparing both players peak De Gea wins and its not even close. Obviously just over the last few seasons Allison has been better (while still as I say made a shit ton of errors)

Ixion

Only United fans would pick mostly United players.

Revan

Assumptionman
I would go with:

Alisson

TAA Varane VVD Robertson

Fabinho Pogba

Salah Bruno Mane

Ronaldo​

De Gea has been the best keeper in the league this season, but Alisson has been better than him in the past two seasons, albeit not as good as De Gea at his best. So I would still keep Alisson there.

I think the defense picks itself.

Henderson has a claim over Pogba, or him getting Pogba’s position with Pogba getting Bruno’s.

The three attacking positions pick themselves.

We have a far better bench though. For example, the second team would probably look like:

De Gea

AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

Fred Henderson

Greenwood Firminho Rashford

Cavani​

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
De Gea in his prime never made clear and obvious mistakes that lead to goals, Allison has made a shit ton in the short period of time he's been in the league. You can honestly go from the Sunderland league cup tie under Moyes all the way through to the 19/20 season and I don't remember a howler from DDG

Comparing both players peak De Gea wins and its not even close. Obviously just over the last few seasons Allison has been better (while still as I say made a shit ton of errors)
Think this is very debatable especially if you look at goalkeeping than more than shot stopping and making errors.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It does really depend on whether you're doing this on who is actually the better player, or who is playing well / maximising their role etc.

Surely no-one in the world believes Hendo is better than Pogba for example, but Hendo is probably more consistently effective at what he does than Pogba for us.

Deery

Dreary
Allison

Wan Bissaka Varane VVD Robertson

Fabinho Henderson

Bruno

Salah Ronaldo Rashford​

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

So according to them 8 liverpool players are in automatically . Allison, TAA, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, VVD, Salah and Mane. That leaves 3 spots open. A center back, a number 10 and a forward.

My combined 11 would be: Allison, TAA, Varane, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Pogba, Bruno, Salah, Greenwood, Ronaldo.
Unfortunately, Neville not picking Bruno is not that incredible because Gary's a dick. Tries way too hard to be edgy/different.. just pick Bruno as 10, noone is going to say "that's United bias".

Difficult to make a case for many others to be fair though... their weakest area is probably Central midfield and so is ours. Not that excited about Mane, goes through long patches of doing nothing... even Liverpool posters on here have said so.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Go on then debate it
Allisson is much better with his feet, has a better kick on the ball which helps to progress play, better at penalties, more commanding in the box and seems to be able to organise his defense much better, (but that has to do with VVD, and better coaching in general I'd say), quicker to come off his line (which is a great tool for defending).

De Gea had generational reflexes, great diving, freak levels, probably unseen for that period. Allison in modern football for me, is more useful though if you look past "a goalkeeper is there to make saves" so the best saving goalkeeper is the best.

red4ever 79

Mane and Salah are in any front 3.

Allison, TAA, Varane, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Pogba, Bruno, Salah, Ronaldo, Mane

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
DDG
TTA Varane VVD Robertson
Fabinho Pogba
Salah Bruno Mane
Ronaldo​

Coach: Klopp team

Deery

Dreary
Mane and Salah are in any front 3.

Allison, TAA, Varane, VVD, Robertson, Fabinho, Pogba, Bruno, Salah, Ronaldo, Mane
Mane hasn’t been that good for a long time still pops up with goals because it’s well Liverpool but not automatic anymore.

NoPace

Mane-Bruno-Salah
Pogba-Fabinho-Henderson
Robertson-VVD-Varane-TAA
Allison

Play Klopp’s style with Bruno as a more lethal false 9 type. Cristiano main man off the bench and Shaw for Robertson after he’s run his ass off for an hour or so. Not sure who would come in the midfield; VDB might fit really well in this system so he’d be my guess. Varane short hook too, Matip has been great for a while.

cyberman

Rashford over Mane, Ronaldo up top. Shaw left back, Varane, and Bruno. Rest Liverpool.

Jamie trying to be too clever by leaving Ronaldo out sums him up as a pundit

Remember the geese

Mine would be:

Alisson, Shaw, Varane, Van Dijk, Alexander-Arnold, Fabinho, Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford, Ronaldo, Salah.

Don't think that midfield would work, but it looks nice.

RuudTom83

I think it would be more fun if Carragher was the Liverpool manager and Gary the United manager, then take it turns to pick a team from all the players in both squads...but they couldn't have any duplicate players.
So first pick Carragher, then Gary picks.

Then one team would have Van Dijk, but you'd miss out on Salah (probably)

Bwuk

If I was picking the side. Has everything in it. Went with Cavani over Ronaldo purely as the side has enough goalscorers in it, and he presses a lot better.

Allison
Trent - Varane - VvD - Robertson
Fabinho - Pogba
Salah - Bruno - Mane
Cavani​

ShinjiNinja26

These combined 11’s are always Liverpool dominant due to us always being shite leading up to these games. Put Klopp in our dugout and it’s the opposite way round.

Mainoldo

klopp wouldn’t pick Bruno so I don’t see anything wrong with what Nev said.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Knowing GNev at times, I'm surprised he didn't try and put 12 Scousers in there :wenger:

cyberman

He should this season. Since he went to Liverpool, the only season Shaw was better was the last one.
Robertson hasn’t had a great start to the season while Shaw came off a monster season last year and was one of the best players in the Euros over the summer.
it’s Shaw all day long