Manchester United MSc Research Survey

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I imagine some of you have received a PM off this fella already but I’ve told him to knock that off. It is legit so no need to worry about a dodgy link.

MSc Research Survey:
I am looking for MANCHESTER UNITED FANS LIVING IN THE UK to answer a short questionnaire.

Hi! My name is Javier Rodriguez and I am a Masters student at the University of Sheffield.
I am working on my Final Project about sponsorship deals in the Premier League and their impact on the sponsor brands.
If your favourite team is Manchester United and you live in the UK, I would appreciate if you answer this 10 minutes questionnaire. Your name will not be asked and any personal data will be anonymised.
Thank you!

Survey: https://sheffieldmanagement.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dn9Qp5rhE6X2VLL

More info: jprodriguezcastillo1@sheffield.ac.uk
Help a brother out.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I imagine some of you have received a PM off this fella already but I’ve told him to knock that off. It is legit so no need to worry about a dodgy link.

Help a brother out.
I am amazed that a MSc would benefit from a survey. That type of thing is useful for a GSE or even A level.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I am amazed that a MSc would benefit from a survey. That type of thing is useful for a GSE or even A level.
Surveys are limited but the upside is that you're able to get data from a wide variety of people. Also master's students are piss poor and surveys are a cheap way of getting that data. If you're looking to access qualitative information from people directly then you usually have to pay because it's time-consuming for them (e.g. 1v1 interviews).

There's a lot of nuance to research methods and there's never one right answer as to which type of data collection to use.

Edit: Done it.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Surveys are limited but the upside is that you're able to get data from a wide variety of people. Also master's students are piss poor and surveys are a cheap way of getting that data. If you're looking to access qualitative information from people directly then you usually have to pay because it's time-consuming for them (e.g. 1v1 interviews).

There's a lot of nuance to research methods and there's never one right answer as to which type of data collection to use.
Yes. That is a very fair point.

pascell

I've already done it for him, he was very appreciative too when I'd told him. I was going to post and ask about rules of this sort of thing but wasnt sure where it'd go, glad hes got sorted now. It only takes a couple of minutes so let's help him out guys and girls!

nimic

something nice
Scout
Mate, surveys are used in higher degrees all the time. It's about what kind of data you're looking for, and what depth you want to go in to (essentially quantitative versus qualitative).

Might be stupid question, but why only "living in the UK" fans?
The answer is probably simply that his research is focused on UK fans, for whatever reason. You've got to limit your scope in some ways, at the end of the day.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Mate, surveys are used in higher degrees all the time. It's about what kind of data you're looking for, and what depth you want to go in to (essentially quantitative versus qualitative).

The answer is probably simply that his research is focused on UK fans, for whatever reason. You've got to limit your scope in some ways, at the end of the day.
OK. I understand the importance of a survey now. Thank you.

JavierR

Hi guys! I am the student who has sent the survey. I really appreciate your help and your good vibes. I'm ready with the number of respondents that I was looking for.
I take this moment to answer some questions that you have made:

1) Despite surveys have some limitations, they are an important tool to obtain information. When the sample size is minimum 10 times the estimated parameters, there is statistical significance in the results when you are using the Likert scale. For this reason, the number of respondents is important.
2) Some people have asked me if I work for Casillero del Diablo or they pay me. The answer is no (sadly hahaha). I focused the analysis on Casillero del Diablo because it is made by a winery from my country (Chile) which is near to my hometown. I don't have any contact with the people of the company, but of course, depending on the results I will contact them.
3) Now that I have the results, I will run statistical analysis using SPSS program. All the questions are separated in different items considering the literature review: Team identification, brand awareness, perceived fit brand-sponsor, CSR, and purchase intention. My idea is to consider how they are related to understand if these kind of deals are successful for Chilean companies with a focus on wines brands. Ethicals factors could influence the results considering a lot of people don’t agree with the sponsorship alcohol-sports teams. There are not a lot of works studying this, reason why it is an interesting topic.
4) The respondents have to be from the UK because this study is focused on this market. I am using data and statistics of the wine sales in the UK and considering I have 3 months to make this work it has to be focused. It doesn’t mean that in the future new studies with respondents living in different countries could be presented.

Thank you again and If you like to receive my dissertation when is ready, please send me an email: jprodriguezcastillo1@sheffield.ac.uk

Javier Rodriguez.