Manchester United 'offered chance to sign Vinicius Junior'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I recall the fanfare when he was signed. They said (madrid) that he was a once in a generation type of player.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If a supposedly "elite" young player is being offered away from an elite club then that says everything about how good he actually is.

Tallis

Pass - RM have few of these Brazilian wonder kids. I suspect all 3 will moved on in due course

Polar

That position isn’t first, second or third priority. We probably don’t need him. But he is a great player and I was surprised RM wants to offload him.

Andersons Dietician

If a supposedly "elite" young player is being offered away from an elite club then that says everything about how good he actually is.
They need to get rid of one from Bale, Rodrygo or Vinicius due to some sort of foreign player rule I read the other day. Probably think moving Rodrygo or Vinicius will be easier whilst making them the most cash for their supposed attempt to lure Mbappe.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They need to get rid of one from Bale, Rodrygo or Vinicius due to some sort of foreign player rule I read the other day. Probably think moving Rodrygo or Vinicius will be easier whilst making them the most cash for their supposed attempt to lure Mbappe.
Vinicius applied for Spanish citizenship last year.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
This transfer doesn’t seem remotely likely to happen. Considering that, it’s some way of Real telling Vinicius he’s wanted

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Speaks volumes that we all knew about this news a day or two ago and no one felt the need to create the thread.

Madrid trying to make money ahead of Mbappe.
We won’t bite their bait.

Andersons Dietician

Vinicius applied for Spanish citizenship last year.
Did he get it? I only saw this mentioned in some story about Bale and that he has said he will stay which breaches this supposed foreign player rule thing, then it was mentioned that they need to move on one of the 3 I mentioned if they can.

Giggsy13

Worth a punt if it’s a loan with an option to buy. He’s an upgrade over Dan James and we need depth to compete for titles against city.

cyberman

Speaks volumes that we all knew about this news a day or two ago and no one felt the need to create the thread.

Madrid trying to make money ahead of Mbappe.
We won’t bite their bait.
This Mbappe talk is disguising their real issues. They seem to be broke and it isn't talked about enough.
Mbappe will be in a free and he won't be on 5m a week.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His end product is lacking severely, however when it comes to taking on defenders, causing havoc, beating defenders and creating, I think he can be class. Was awesome vs Liverpool in the CL last season, but United have other priorities. Would be a better Sancho replacement than Malen I'd say, but Malen has got the numbers.

STYLOISRED

The ONLY madrid youngster i would take is Rodrygo as i believe he will go on to have a good career.
The rumour is bullcrap though

Tallis

He has shockingly poor end product. If his end product was even half decent, he would be very good because he has serious pace on the ball and easily runs past defenders.

Polar

His end product isn’t there yet, but he’s only 21 (recently), so still a player for the future.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Obviously we won’t sign him. He’s not very good and we already have wingers coming out of our ears.

Based Adnan

Hasn't developed as expected and we have ample left wingers in the squad, no thanks

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
I think there’s a player there.

Yes his finishing is dreadful and needs improving, but the raw tools are there (pace, anticipation, positioning, trickery, some decision making nous which granted needs improving) plus he’s only 21.

I’d love to see what a klopp or a Marco Rose or a Nagelsmann or a flick could coach him into.

I list those four because they would be able to shape the explosiveness rather than modify it as pep would no doubt try to do. I like Zidane as a man manager and a facilitator of talented players but he doesn’t improve players.

beingshe7don

Vinicius Jr. is a confidence player. If the fans show him love and a manager like Ole can show some faith, the guy could start delivering. There are many young players that have gone to Real and have been forced out and they've done really well for themselves namely Sneijder, Robben, Di Maria, and so on. I would definitely take him on loan at the very least and see what he can deliver. His acceleration is top-notch from a standstill to beat his man. He's explosive and his first touch is phenomenal. All he needs to do is improve his finishing which is a big thing but I think he lacks the nurturing that's required. He's only 21.

He completely destroyed Liverpool in the first leg.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
People don't realize that tricks, pace and having a brazil name (being actually from Brasil) can't make you good enough for top flight, similarly to Rodriguez who's hyped accelerated during the world cup, fancy players might have some neat obvious footballing abilities but missing some crucial ones too. Obviously no one wants to miss on the next Neymar but you can't always predict the development of a player. Still young lad though, he could get some good loan, or a transfer and attracts top club again in few years, if there is a coach who could work with him and he's be willing to work hard enough, on his deficiencies.

In the end he might turn out as good players as Lingard..

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I just can't get over that incident he had a few years ago when he got Injured for Mardid in a CL game and wept like a toddler who had his lollipop taken away.

RedDevilRoshi

Trying to save up as many cents as they can for Mbappe’s imminent monstrous contract next season.

Wouldn’t take him.

SirtheIcarium

I'd take him, just not at the price Madrid are offering. A loan for a year and about €40m would be as high as I would go. If they are offering him to us without any enquiry, they need to shift him and clearly there isn't much interest.

To me, he has unreal raw talent, but Madrid is a toxic atmosphere. He signed, then was shunted into a position he didn't play to accommodate Hazard. From the turn of the year, with Hazard out, he's been in much better form on the left.

As someone else said, he's a confidence player, and he would thrive with a manager like Ole, who while tactically naive at time, players love and play for.

The other thing is, he can go passed 2-3 players at times with ease. He tore TAA apart in the home leg, so teams would have to account for him. Too often last year, espescially once Pogba got injured, teams tended to ignore 3-4 of our players and just focus on stopping Bruno because no one else was really producing anything.

With him on the left and Sancho on the right, we would stretch teams out, stopping them from sitting two banks of five in front of our midfield.

James Peril

He's like Rashford but without the goals.
Vinicius scores spectacularly few goals, it’s very strange.That being said, Rashford barely scraped ten last season and should have 20 to be as good as some on here think he is. Rashford’s inconsistency in front of goal is a big problem, he doesn’t want or crave it enough. Lightyears behind Ronaldo and Cavani to name a couple of United-players.

Status
Not open for further replies.