Manchester United officials looking at plans to expand Old Trafford capacity to 88,000 | Scrapped?

What will happen first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Left behind... the stadium & training facilities are not the reasons we’re left behind. Lack of structure and forward thinking on the football side of things are the reasons. If we had some kind of coherent transfer policy we wouldn’t be in the mess we are. This summer for the first time since 2013 we had some kind of coherent idea on what type of players we need, that’s what we’re paying the price for.

fergiesarmy1

They’ve invested millions & millions in the place. I work for the places sponsor. I can understand the argument about revamping OT, but the reality is the owners have invested heavily in the training facilities like it or not. AND Old Trafford has certainly not always been ‘industry leading’ since the war.
This article shows it’s really not up to standard, that’s more than they have invested in anything non talent wise

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8626659/man-utd-training-ground-carrington/

fergiesarmy1

None story, it’s continuously being revamped. I know this as a fact.
Ah now it’s a non story, so the letters to land owners meant nothing and cost nothing?

City invested £300m in thier training complex and low and behold they are better.

I like you rams but your better than this.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
The ground is full every home game, the TV money keeps coming in, the sponsorship is still coming (for now).

Spending millions on ground improvements won't increase any of those income streams so the Glazers aren't interested. It's a cash cow and they're probably in the end-game of ownership so want to max profit.. no inclination to spend anything on the ground.

Rams

Ah now it’s a non story, so the letters to land owners meant nothing and cost nothing?

City invested £300m in thier training complex and low and behold they are better.

I like you rams but your better than this.
Of course City have the advantage of the law of inhibiting lead, but that doesn’t say we are lagging behind most of our peers in terms of training facilities like we used to in the past (the irony..). In a World where so much bull shit gets spouted out and where the facts are ignored, I think it’s important to make s statement. So you can argue the Glazers are blood sucking leaches, but you can’t deny they have & are investing heavily in the training facilities.

fergiesarmy1

Of course City have the advantage of the law of inhibiting lead, but that doesn’t say we are lagging behind most of our peers in terms of training facilities like we used to in the past (the irony..). In a World where so much bull shit gets spouted out and where the facts are ignored, I think it’s important to make s statement. So you can argue the Glazers are blood sucking leaches, but you can’t deny they have & are investing heavily in the training facilities.
You may know more than me than on Carrington then as I knew the cliff quite well personally, my understanding was carrington was not impressive anymore by current standards and the fact they are looking to buy ground would concur with my current thoughts.

Invested heavily so far into it what they already had? I’m yet to be convinced apart from the iPads and whiteboards :lol:

Rams

You may know more than me than on Carrington then as I knew the cliff quite well personally, my understanding was carrington was not impressive anymore by current standards and the fact they are looking to buy ground would concur with my current thoughts.

Invested heavily so far into it what they already had? I’m yet to be convinced apart from the iPads and whiteboards :lol:
Trust me, it’s far far more than just IPads and whiteboards! ;)

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Sure! But we have been through this a hundred times. The Glazers, while being terrible owners, are not on the same level as a state or the royal family of some ME-country.
I'm reaching the stage where I don't care if we're taken over by some petroleum based country. Getting rid of the Glazers, brand new ground, not having to worry about a few million difference signing players, state of the art facilities, no Ed is worth the price to pay. Then in about 15 years when we're all buying electric cars the feckers will be so skint they'll sell the club off cheap and we can get back to grass roots.

Much rather that than being milked for every penny the Glazers can suck out of this club before they leave us dry.

fergies coat

Carrington is a state of the art training center and medical facility. Up there with the best. That’s a fact. We used to train at the old The Cliff...
I spoke to the head chef at United. He’s said carrington was well behind other PL clubs training facilities. We are miles behind, on and off the pitch.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
I spoke to the head chef at United. He’s said carrington was well behind other PL clubs training facilities. We are miles behind, on and off the pitch.
Aye and my brothers sister's cousin's uncle's rat twice removed said barnsley's was better.

Who should we trust, you with second hand information, or Rams who frequents the joint?

fergies coat

Aye and my brothers sister's cousin's uncle's rat twice removed said barnsley's was better.

Who should we trust, you with second hand information, or Rams who frequents the joint?
I prefer to trust someone that I’ve spoken to face to face, rather than someone I don’t know on an internet forum, but you keep burying your head in the sand thinking we’re the best of the best.

fergiesarmy1

Well the medical department are hardly covering themselves in glory either. Betting these iPads are around 2nd Gen and not been replaced since Moyes left knowing these cheapskates.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The head chef?
Got a good insight into all the other club's grounds has he?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We’re getting left behind mate. Go and walk near the Etihad, and them walk round Old Trafford. City are getting money pumped in everywhere, and we’re getting millions taken out.
Ground and team wise, but not the training ground

fergiesarmy1

Ground and team wise, but not the training ground
What’s been spent on it in the last decade? I don’t recall anything and apparently we looked into a £50m upgrade this year but it’s all gone quiet. Doubt they would have even looked into that if money had been spent prior.

Havak

Pokemon master
Why do you need Saudi-type owners to build a new stadium? If Spurs did it (with far less income than United), why can't United also afford it?

Of course it would likely mean a reduction in net transfer spending for a few years - and maybe also a reduction in your lucrative wages offers - but that's the price of building for the long-term.
It's a big issue at United and with the current owners IMO.

It's as if our owners see that our stadium is still the biggest, thus has the highest average crowd and can always increase ticket prices if need be (although I doubt ticket revenue makes up much of the income these days). Maybe they actually aren't sticking around for the long-term either? So, they're happy to see our stadium deteriorate and aren't bothered about other teams finally catching up to us in terms of stadia and marketability, as they'll sell up when they need to. It really feels like they're just filling their pockets and not spending anything of 'their own' on this club or 'business'. It's just all take.

It's been a steady decline for a while with Fergie and our old guard getting us through the earlier Glazer tenure. It wasn't until the shock came in of Moyes doing so bad that they finally upped our transfer net spend significantly, but that approach didn't work for us. Long story short, we need new owners to see stadium development of any kind (even just aesthetic stuff and fixing leaky roofs). Doesn't have to be Saudi's though.

Maticmaker

Back in the day, United played a number of home games at City's ground whilst OT was being re-built. If (by some miracle) the Owners decided to rebuild the theatre of dreams in its present location a complete, possibly £1B rebuild, not a revamp; how would fans feel about playing our home games at the Etihad (assuming the Sheikh agreed) whilst this was undertaken?

red thru&thru

Back in the day, United played a number of home games at City's ground whilst OT was being re-built. If (by some miracle) the Owners decided to rebuild the theatre of dreams in its present location a complete, possibly £1B rebuild, not a revamp; how would fans feel about playing our home games at the Etihad (assuming the Sheikh agreed) whilst this was undertaken?
Why not? As long as we're benefiting from this.

Bestietom

Left behind... the stadium & training facilities are not the reasons we’re left behind. Lack of structure and forward thinking on the football side of things are the reasons. If we had some kind of coherent transfer policy we wouldn’t be in the mess we are. This summer for the first time since 2013 we had some kind of coherent idea on what type of players we need, that’s what we’re paying the price for.
I agree, we need a coherent transfer policy and better forward thinking.