Manchester United Players' FIFA 23 Ratings

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
So the new United squad ratings have been released for FIFA 23.

Here they are, ranked in order from best to worst:

ST: Cristiano Ronaldo - 90 rated (downgraded from 91)
CDM: Casemiro - 89 rated (unchanged)
CAM: Bruno Fernandes - 86 rated (downgraded from 88)
LW: Jadon Sancho - 84 rated (downgraded from 87)
CB: Raphael Varane - 84 rated (downgraded from 86)
RW: Antony - 82 rated (upgraded from 79)
CM: Christian Eriksen - 82 rated (unchanged)
LW: Marcus Rashford - 81 rated (downgraded from 85)
CB: Lisandro Martinez - 81 rated (upgraded from 79)
CB: Harry Maguire - 81 rated (downgraded from 84)
LB: Luke Shaw - 80 rated (downgraded from 84)
CDM: Scott McTominay - 80 rated (unchanged)
ST: Anthony Martial - 80 rated (downgraded from 81)
CB: Victor Lindelof - 80 rated (unchanged)
CM: Fred - 80 rated (downgraded from 81)
RB: Aaron Wan-Bissaka - 80 rated (downgraded from 83)
CM: Donny van de Beek - 79 rated (downgraded from 81)
LB: Tyrell Malacia - 79 rated (upgraded from 77)
RB: Diogo Dalot - 78 rated (upgraded from 76)
RW: Anthony Elanga - 74 rated (upgraded from 65)
CB: Axel Tuanzebe - 74 rated (unchanged)
LB: Brandon Williams - 73 rated (downgraded from 75)
CB: Phil Jones - 73 rated (downgraded from 74)
GK: Tom Heaton - 73 rated (downgraded from 76)
RM: Facundo Pellistri - 70 rated (unchanged)
CB: Di'Shon Bernard - 69 rated (upgraded from 65)
CB: Teden Mengi - 67 rated (upgraded from 64)
CDM: Ethan Galbraith - 65 rated (upgraded from 64)

What do we think?

Big downgrades for Maguire, Rashford and Shaw.

What about the ratings for the new players, fair?

Skills

Snitch
Seems fair. I reckon Casemiro will be down to an 84-85 next season too

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Did you type all that out or copy and paste?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Did you type all that out or copy and paste?
Copy and paste from a MEN article.

Just realised De Gea's rating isn't there for some reason. It looks like it's 87 but not verified.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
All quite deserved to be honest. Not sure why Mengi was upgraded.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Havent United always had questionably low ratings on FIFA and its suspected because they’ve never been on great terms with EA? I think they were partners with PES at one point and have pursued EA for image rights.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Havent United always had questionably low ratings on FIFA and its suspected because they’ve never been on great terms with EA? I think they were partners with PES at one point and have pursued EA for image rights.
Nope, they are rated fairly

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Eriksen and Varane are the ones I disagree. Deserves a higher rating

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Copy and paste from a MEN article.

Just realised De Gea's rating isn't there for some reason. It looks like it's 87 but not verified.
Interesting. Seems the media here is starting to care more about game ratings, kind of like in America with their 2K ratings.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think only United fans might agree with that.

We have been sub par in European standards for a long time. We buy players from other teams who initially join with high ratings and then they drop as well.

FIFA's boil-every-player-down-to-a-single-number shite was the start of a massive and irreversible slide in the quality of football game stat discourse.

Miss PS2-era Pro Evos and looking forward to seeing if Ruud had a higher "Shot Technique" than Henry

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
It's probably just because we've been shite for 10 years?

hobbers

Bit generous if anything. The most accurate ratings I've seen our players get for for years.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
FIFA's boil-every-player-down-to-a-single-number shite was the start of a massive and irreversible slide in the quality of football game stat discourse.

Miss PS2-era Pro Evos and looking forward to seeing if Ruud had a higher "Shot Technique" than Henry
Yea came to say the same thing really.

Don’t really understand the hype and news worthy status of a football game’s player ratings. It’s really irrelevant.

Also, on PES, do you remember Adriano’s stats from PES 2005? Insane stats. :lol:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Eriksen too low, 84 would be fair. Varane too low, 86 would be fair. De Gea way too high, 83 would be fair. Ronaldo way too high, but that's a weird one to give because he had some awful moments and great moments last year. Right now he's not even worth an 80 so anyway.

Guessing after this season itll look something like:
  • De Gea - 84
  • Dalot - 81
  • Varane - 86
  • Martinez - 84
  • Malacia - 82
  • Casemiro - 87
  • Eriksen - 85
  • Bruno - 86
  • Sancho - 84
  • Rashford - 84
  • Martial - 83
  • Mctominay - 82
  • Antony - 82

Ekeke

Dont know how any of Lindelof, Fred and Van De Beek are above 77 at this point

Malacia and Dalot are a bit low. Would have them at least 80 each, probably with AWB down to 79 with Dalot being the clear starter

mu4c_20le

That is some jump for Elanga. Have a feeling he'll be one of this year's cheap gems.

Teja

Nope, they are rated fairly
I'd say more than fairly given how much Arsenal were whacked in FIFA 22 and how shit we've been last season.

Ronaldo 89? That has to be a marketing thing with Ronaldo LLC. Can't get rated lower than that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
These ratings are lower than they should be - but should be fine if the other team ratings are also lowered too.

Dingo

Supports
Haaland
Based on form. In what world is Ronaldo still a 90?

Yea came to say the same thing really.

Don’t really understand the hype and news worthy status of a football game’s player ratings. It’s really irrelevant.

Also, on PES, do you remember Adriano’s stats from PES 2005? Insane stats. :lol:
Guy was literally a cheat player :cool:. Get him in a yard of space on that left foot <40 yards from goal, sprint once for a further power boost, press square. BANG.

We had a formal no-Inter-no-Brazil rule in PES 5 and 6 just so everyone would try and play properly!

MinGin

Why Jones still has 73 points when he wasn't appear in past few years!?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Why Jones still has 73 points when he wasn't appear in past few years!?
I think it's because ratings are based on actual statistics. If a player hasn't registered any appearances you can't arbitrarily lower a score.

I don't know exactly how ratings are handled but I assume it normalises the entire player base, weights them based on league and then factors in say long passing completion weight, and then assigns what their score is for long passes out of 99 (as an example).

Where the top percentile of players might fall in the high 90s, but there'll be a clustering of the majority around the 70s, and the lowest score would be something like 60 since they're professional footballers.

I think it weights over a few seasons too, say 3 seasons, so it means you can't just go up from a 70 to 90 in one season.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
ST: Cristiano Ronaldo - 90 rated (downgraded from 91)
I’m a Ronaldo super fan but I think this was done to keep Ronaldo happy. Ronaldo blocked Transfermarkt accounts on all platforms after they severely lowered his market value. Don’t think publishers want that kind of press during a launch.
My assessment after last season would be 85 - after all he was the third highest scorer while playing for a dysfunctional team.
This season he is playing as a 75 though.

little.triangles

FIFA ratings are a sham anyway. I can play like City using the current United squad. Fred makes passes through the lines that would make Eriksen blush.

FIFA is an arcade game with no midfield for those who like end to end action. I play it sometimes, but I use some heavy custom sliders to make it more realistic.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I’m a Ronaldo super fan but I think this was done to keep Ronaldo happy. Ronaldo blocked Transfermarkt accounts on all platforms after they severely lowered his market value. Don’t think publishers want that kind of press during a launch.
My assessment after last season would be 85 - after all he was the third highest scorer while playing for a dysfunctional team.
:lol:

wolvored

I know i am an old man, but why is this an issue? Its a game ffs.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
To be fair this season he wasn’t fully fit and has only played around 378 mins, which is around 4 games sample size.

Based on this season alone Casemiro wouldn’t be 89 either, should be well below Mctominay, who is at 80 rating.