Manchester United Players on Twitter

EvilChuck

It might be that he is forbidden from talking United stuff on there. Doesnt he have a magazine and website as well? I seem to recall he was involved in a movie a couple of months back, so maybe he plans on using twitter to keep people posted about those activities

Force of Nature

I have just been going a bit of goggling to see if I was right about Brown being ban a number of years ago, and it appears I might have invented that, I can't find anything on it at least, but I did come across this published in January 2010.
First it was Ashley-Paul Robinson, then Darren Bent and most recently Ryan Babel.

It seems that when it comes to the world of Twitter and Facebook, footballers just can’t help themselves.

So with more and more players falling foul of social networking gaffes, Manchester United have decided to take the simple preventative measure of banning their employees from using such sites.

A statement on the Red Devils’ website said: “The club wishes to make it clear that no Manchester United players maintain personal profiles on social networking websites.

“Fans encountering any web pages purporting to be written by United players should treat them with extreme scepticism.”

Indeed it has been reported that the club have recently taken control of Twitter accounts belonging to Ryan Giggs, Darren Fletcher and Wayne Rooney, while Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown and Giggs have seen their Facebook pages disappear.
Does anyone know if the young players are still on facebook, because I was basing my knowledge on things I read before January.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You cab tell if it's a real account because they usually have a "certified" or "authentic" mark in the top right. I'm on my phone right now so can't see the Twitter in full.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
How does that work then?
It's a protection thing Twitter put in to protect celebrities from imitating accounts. I'm not sure how they authenticate it, probably an email from an agent or maybe even a photograph of their ID like betting and poker sites use.

Either way it's worth looking for as thier are alot of sad people out there who like to think they are powerful by running a celebrity Twitter.

MJLD

I have it on good authority that Eyepopper is actually running the Justin Bieber Twitter page.

Brophs

The One and Only
I wonder What would you do in our position,Would u refrain from making acquisitions,try 2 make a profit or just try 2 make a difference...? about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
#And that wasn't referring to my club! 24 minutes ago via UberTwitter
RT @alexmlowe: @rioferdy5 What was it referring to then?»»»»Life in general.. 19 minutes ago via UberTwitter
I honestly don't know what he's thinking with these messages. Is this genuinely his account?

BaldwinLegend

I honestly don't know what he's thinking with these messages. Is this genuinely his account?
He did say the offending quote wasn't about his club?

I think it's more worrying that Rio appears to spend the majority of his time compiling mix tapes and getting way too involved with watching Big Brother.

He does seem to be training hard though. Will be interesting to see if he's allowed to continue using twitter when the season gets underway.

Brophs

The One and Only
He wrote something else cryptic on there recently didn't he?
Yeah, though he says that referred to a basketball player, I think. But it was open to being interpreted as referring to us. In fact, I'd say that was the natural reading of it.

I think it's more worrying that Rio appears to spend the majority of his time compiling mix tapes and getting way too involved with watching Big Brother.

He does seem to be training hard though. Will be interesting to see if he's allowed to continue using twitter when the season gets underway.
Yeah, but he's had two cryptic messages in a couple of weeks that sound like they relate to the club, and he hasn't explained either until afterwards, at which point, I'm guessing, he realises he may be in a bit of bother.

If he wants to have these sorts of discussions about the club, Twitter's not the correct place to have them, IMO.

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
"@MarkBrighty we read the papers,listen to the radio,look on the net etc just like YOU and every1 else to find out about all transfers!
about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter in reply to MarkBrighty"

So Rio is ehsanul?:eek:
Rio is a transfer muppet, just like Robbo. :D

Anyway, it is his official twitter account, because his official website is connected with that twitter account.

BaldwinLegend

Yeah, but he's had two cryptic messages in a couple of weeks that sound like they relate to the club, and he hasn't explained either until afterwards, at which point, I'm guessing, he realises he may be in a bit of bother.

If he wants to have these sorts of discussions about the club, Twitter's not the correct place to have them, IMO.
What was the other cryptic message?

I think United and SAF must know about Ferdinand's account and be OK with it, otherwise they'd have taken it down like they've done before.

Manchester United bans players from Twitter - Telegraph

The football club has taken control of the Twitter accounts belonging to Ryan Giggs, Darren Fletcher and Wayne Rooney, while Facebook accounts for Rio Ferdinand, Wes Brown and again Ryan Giggs have also been commandeered, it has been reported.

A message on the club's site outlines the Premier League team’s new rules to the networking sites: "The club wishes to make it clear that no Manchester United players maintain personal profiles on social networking websites.

phelans shorts

That's an understatement :lol:

Did anyone see Taylor from the times taking the piss out of united to hibbs before? It actually made me laugh

wr8_utd

:'(
I've been reading his tweets for a couple of weeks now and he talks some absolute crap. It's fun reading.

Ryan Babbel goes crazy on twitter. He can't stop tweeting!

MacMUFC

People always have something to complain about, let him speak like a retard on Twitter - as long as its nothing negative about us!

Maroon Lucifer

liked these, especially the last one:

RT @MrRHutchinson: @rioferdy5 who would win in a cage fight between you and @RobbieSavage8?»»I don't hit women bro!

RT @Boop0707:@rioferdy5 can you hear all the songs the fans sing during a game and how much does it motivate you»»we love em,real motivation

RT @Amy_JLSx: @rioferdy5 If you could be another Manchester United player for the day, who would you be and why??»»SCHOLES- I'd like to see how he sees the game...it must be so different to every1 else...

Cina

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We should start by eliminating the posters that are definitely NOT Rio:

MikeUpNorth
TeamBrianGB
Weaste
Pogue
Mockney
Plech

Suspects:
Scholesy
MJLD
Boss
Considering how heartily Rio defended the youngsters on twitter the other day I think we can strike Mr 'I hope Kiko fails at United' Scholesy off the list.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
In Rio's defense for his "txt spk", on Twitter you are limited to 140 characters. Even I, who hates that shortend English with a passion, find myself having to resort to it a little in order to keep it to a single post.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I can't believe how many people think this about players. With all the money they have and all the women they can get, why the hell would they go onto a forum full of internet gimps like us!
Rio spends copious amounts of time on twitter, and he was recently talking about how young players read the stick they get in press and from fans on the net. This is one of the biggest United forums there is, and is an oft used source of quotes for newspapers, I would be genuinely surprised if Rio didn't read this place now and again.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
Rio spends copious amounts of time on twitter, and he was recently talking about how young players read the stick they get in press and from fans on the net. This is one of the biggest United forums there is, and is an oft used source of quotes for newspapers, I would be genuinely surprised if Rio didn't read this place now and again.
Rio uses twitter through his blackberry. Although some may check forums, I'd put good money on the fact that the majority don't. Put yourself in their shoes - the only person that you need to worry about is the manager and you get an idea of what the fans think of you at matches. We'll have to agree to disagree on this as we're never going to find out.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
On a side not, Eikrem is now off twitter.

TonyMontana

Sir Alex Ferguson probably knows about his twitter and let him used it. It's not like he tweets important information about the team he just talks with his friends and jokes a little bit, if you like it follow him if you think is stupid just don't pay attetion of what he says. Get over it.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I got a reply on the latest Q&A :D
Damnit!

I didn't participate in that. I've got a new phone and because of it I want to get into this whole twitter thing, but I don't want to interact with people I know.

Claymore

Am I the only one (or possibly one of two, given Solius' post) who finds the whole Rio/Savage thing tedious and a bit pathetic?

Two grown men sitting behind their keyboards spouting crap while a flock of sheep offers each a rimjob to keep them going.

Of this entire "bit of bant", I'd say 50% of the tweets are just RT's of the cheerleaders (grown men and women), 40% are replies to the cheerleaders/general plebs, 5% are tweets about how superior the tweeter is and of the 5% which actually is trading insults, about one or two are actually even remotely funny.

Rio - we get it, Savage has long blonde hair. Most of us gathered that without you pointing it out.

Savage - we get it, you pride yourself on your ability to give as good as you get. Fair play. Rio's going to play in front of 76,000 people tomorrow.

The really, really sad thing is that the banter produced isn't even that good and (if you're chock-full of OCD's like me) their grammar is so terrible it distracts from whatever neanderthal mumblings they're producing.

/rant.

Don't read it then, quite simple really. As for the spelling, text type etc. I think Rio has said a few times that there is a character limit on twitter and so shorthand needs to be used.

Can't see the big deal really, I mean we all come on here or other sites and argue, take the piss and what not so why can't they? Or are they not allowed because they are pro footballers and earn £k's a week. At least Rio is on there having a laugh and gives you an insight into a footballers life, which I guess is why some follow him.

SirAF

Ageist

I didn't participate in that. I've got a new phone and because of it I want to get into this whole twitter thing, but I don't want to interact with people I know.

"3rd nov 12:30pm I'm going to do another Q+A or a debate for an hour-its your choice tweeps. Let me know what u prefer."

Another chance on Wednesday!

Rahul

RioFerdy5: Dominated the game,couldn't score so a little disappointed but a decent point still considering players out and players playin thru illness.

Crustanoid

He really should carry his blackberry around on the pitch so he can update his twitter