Manchester United record net loss of £115.5million in latest financial year

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Skills

Snitch
Will be even more next year with our summer outlay this summer.

People expecting us to spend big this winter or next summer are bonkers.

Tarrou

taking that amount of divs in a year like that is a fecking disgrace - it’s time to go

UnofficialDevil

Red Royal

Ibrahimorich

John Murtough, insists the club will not repeat this summer’s level of spending after the wage bill hit record levels.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ge-bill-premier-league-record-summer-spending
This is the classic cycle we've seen with most managers post Fergie. They get backed well in their first window, proceed to do well, finish 2nd, a cup or some finals, then they get feck all for the rest of their tenure until they get sacked because we've stood still.

BlueHaze

Around £60m taken out of the club to pay Ole Rangnick and their staff as well as Glazer cretins taking out their dividends. Then we expect people to act surprised when we make such big losses..

spiriticon

We could have more money if you useless lot up in the boardroom could sell some players instead of sending them out on loan

Valencia Shin Crosses

This is the classic cycle we've seen with most managers post Fergie. They get backed well in their first window, proceed to do well, finish 2nd, a cup or some finals, then they get feck all for the rest of their tenure until they get sacked because we've stood still.
If this is what happens again I’m probably done until we get new ownership.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Need another big window next year to complete the squad IMO with plenty of outings, if the Glazers don't its top 4 for a while.

Sakura

John Murtough, insists the club will not repeat this summer’s level of spending after the wage bill hit record levels.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ge-bill-premier-league-record-summer-spending
Need another big window next year to complete the squad IMO with plenty of outings, if the Glazers don't its top 4 for a while.
To be fair I don't think we need to replace as many players next season. 2-3 signings to refresh the squad should be good enough depending on how well our players improve.
Can see them cheap out and use Dean Henderson to save on buying a keeper.
If Dalot continues to improve we wouldn't need to buy an RB, maybe just a new backup RB if AWB cannot improve to be a decent backup.
So it will just be the ball progressing midfielder that ETH wants, and a new striker. The problem here is strikers are very costly.

Glazers dipping in to our club is no surprise... all the talk of the stadium investment is BS.
Think they gotta sell the club for this to happen. At least sell part of the club.

UnofficialDevil

Let’s hope that cycle has ended, one way or another.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Brillaint strategy actually, sign a new manager, back him uo. Over paying or not. Do well a season. Second season, knowingly chase unattainable targets like thiago, cesc, fdj or whoever clearly said will not come.. Pretend saving all the money for mega bucks. Then, does turd purchases. Transfer window clowew. Drag on few more season, collect dividend instead. Sign a few youth players(for the future, apparently) Renew existing star contracts (to protect value), blame manager. Fire him. Rinse and repeat.

ROFLUTION

Sounds about right. Time to get rid of the fecking vermin.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Cost of finishing 6th & missing out on CL money, paying off sacked managers as well as spending 120 odd million last summer and a bloated wage bill.

It makes sense.

MDFC Manager

Which managers didn't get backed in their second seasons?

RopersReturn

Does beg the question how this is all going to end?
Paying for the profligacy of vastly inflated signings, plus Ole, Rangnick, the list goes on.
No surprise seeing the Glazers collecting £33m p/a in dividends.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yep. If you go back and look at the numbers, this is pretty much spot on. Hmm. Jose got a double backing actually

InfiniteBoredom

Yep. If you go back and look at the numbers, this is pretty much spot on. Hmm. Jose got a double backing actually
So did LvG, Memphis, Martial, Schmidfield in 2016 was hardly penny pinching.

It’s more like they arbitrarily decide at some point, 2nd or 3rd season, that the squad is good enough for top 4, and slash spending accordingly.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Tibs

I know I'm stating the obvious, but we need to go far/win Europa, and get CL football next season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So did LvG, Memphis, Martial, Schmidfield in 2016 was hardly penny pinching.

It’s more like they arbitrarily decide at some point, 2nd or 3rd season, that the squad is good enough for top 4, and slash spending accordingly.
Yeah I think you’re probably correct there. Rather than it being a continued consistent stream of support, it’s one or two massive amounts and then paltry after.

ATXRedDevil

At one moment it has been around 420-430 mil. But don't quote me on this
Believe that’s right. Then when Covid hit we had to take out another £100m facility to make up for the lost match day revenue (which is about £115n a year). So yeah, before Covid, the debt had gone down a bit, but believe it’s about the same now as it was in 05. Only difference is that our interest rates are MUCH more manageable now.

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Ouch!

At least if we start looking a bit cash strapped then clubs may stop asking for silly money when we try to buy their players.. maybe.

No more of this "c'mon, we know you have the money... now cough up" every time we make a simple bid that would be accepted if made by 99% of other clubs.

GMoore23

Has our debt gone down even a bit since 2005?
I think it may have gone down under Fergie in his later years because we spent feck all and sold Ronaldo along with still having lots of success. Without Fergie covering up the cracks it's been a steady decline thereafter.

The Firestarter

Purely from a BA perspective, I wonder if we are an example case for a mismanaged business and waste of assets, being talked about in classrooms etc...

Polar

Doesn’t look good:nervous:

Manchester United sporting director John Murtough also says that the club does not expect to invest as heavily in future transfer windows as they did this summer.

If this becomes true United wouldn’t be able to compete for the most important trophies the next couple of years:confused: