Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Every other source I have seen has also reported much higher salary than 190.
You yourself even posted one that claimed 300 k per week.
I never post the 300k p/w. Stop making it up mate.

Again, who are those sources. Somehow you believe them because it suits your argument. I remember when I post 2-4 different stats to you and they don't suit your argument, normally you have impression ''I don't believe them''.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think he wants a challenge or a change and all that, but money was one very important factor. Unless he’s different compared to everybody else.
If that's the case why do you believe 350k-370k p.w? 190k p.w is more than what Real asked him to take paycut. 250k p/w is a lot. 300k p/w is also a lot. So why do you believe 350k-370k?

A-man

I never post the 300k p/w. Stop making it up mate.

Again, who are those sources. Somehow you believe them because it suits your argument. I remember when I post 2-4 different stats to you and they don't suit your argument, normally you always said ''I don't believe them''.
You posted this, see below. His salary now is somewhere around 5.5 mill euro after tax (£90 k/week after tax or £150-160 per week before tax), as mentioned in the tweet you posted. But United would double that roughly to 10 according to the tweet you posted which means around £300 k/w
They didn't. See below to see who is reporting the double salary. It's your choice to choose.

If that's the case why do you believe 350k-370k p.w? 190k p.w is more than what Real asked him to take paycut. 250k p/w is a lot. 300k p/w is also a lot. So why do you believe 350k-370k?
It’s what has been reported. Around £10 mill after tax.

A-man

Anyways we’re all speculating so I’m going to bed now instead :)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
You posted this, see below. His salary now is somewhere around 5.5 mill euro after tax (£90 k/week after tax or £150-160 per week before tax), as mentioned in the tweet you posted. But United would double that roughly to 10 according to the tweet you posted which means around £300 k/w

It’s what has been reported. Around £10 mill after tax.
So that post changed your view from £350k-£370 k/w to £300 k/w? How do you do that? And why do you not pick £190k? Is it because it doesn't suit your argument? :lol:

Martial

@A-man having a break-down here.

Reminds me of the bitter and upset Arsenal fans same defensive arguments after signing Ben White for 50m pounds.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I think he wants a challenge or a change and all that, but money was one very important factor. Unless he’s different compared to everybody else.

But you can’t say what correct or not, as nobody but Varane knows about that.
So why are you, as some random internetter, so hung up on it?

Carolina Red

Staff
FFS people. We’ve signed one of the best defenders in the world. This thread is for being happy about it. Can we please stop using it to argue about this shit?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
So what if he's getting paid more than 190k anyway. The club can still afford it and his experience, ability and impact would be worth the money. We also get him on a cheap. The fact that there were reports about him wanting to join United is enough for me. I dont expect every player to love the club because only a few of them are fans of the club.

criticalanalysis

Why does it matter?
@A-man having a break-down here.

Reminds me of the bitter and upset Arsenal fans same defensive arguments after signing Ben White for 50m pounds.
So why are you, as some random internetter, so hung up on it?
Hmmm Lindelof's biggest fan posting in the Varane transfer thread multiple times pre and post Euros about how Varane's signing might upset our wage structure (and our players like Maguire/Bruno etc), how he is probably joining more for the money than the allure of the challenge at Utd despite all reputable French sources saying otherwise and about how he has peaked and is not the same player. It's almost as if to imply or create a narrative that replacing a certain Swedish defender is some cumbersome, awkward task and we're bringing in some mercenary. I wonder what is the agenda here?

The insecurity and gatekeeping of Lindelof's honour is fecking hilarious.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I just wish people can just be happy with a top centre back who wants a new challenge joining us. However, it doesn't suit to the narrative of Lindelof's fan without mentioning ridiculous wages even though there is no confirmation about his wages. To increase the support of Varane & Maguire partnership, I have decided to buy the home and the away kit of Maguire & Varane name. :)

Carolina Red

Staff
Hmmm Lindelof's biggest fan posting in the Varane transfer thread multiple times pre and post Euros about how Varane's signing might upset our wage structure (and our players like Maguire/Bruno etc), how he is probably joining more for the money than the allure of the challenge at Utd despite all reputable French sources saying otherwise and about how he has peaked and is not the same player. It's almost as if to imply or create a narrative that replacing a certain Swedish defender is some cumbersome, awkward task and we're bringing in some mercenary. I wonder what is the agenda here?

How about reading this post?
FFS people. We’ve signed one of the best defenders in the world. This thread is for being happy about it. Can we please stop using it to argue about this shit?

Carolina Red

Staff
I just wish people can just be happy with a top centre back who wants a new challenge joining us. However, it doesn't suit to the narrative of Lindelof's fan without mentioning ridiculous wages even though there is no confirmation about his wages. To increase the support of Varane & Maguire partnership, I have decided to buy the home and the away kit of Maguire & Varane name. :)
And you.

Flytan

Incredibly excited about this signing. I signed him like every time in fifa career mode from 2013-2018.

Monkey bus

Great signing for us

I wonder who’s job it is to take him down to Cheetham Hill so he can continue to buy the snide designer shirts he looks like he has a penchant for. I’m saying Brandon.

RiqCantona

So Varane is travelling on Monday(?) - 2nd August, and the UK quarantine rules are also getting updated on the same day. How long before he can actually have the medical and sign?

Can someone explain the quarantine rules? It seems he would have a 2-day quarantine (after proof of private negative test on day 2) according to my understanding - but would appreciate if someone can confirm that?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
:lol: It's very exciting. We could be a very good team next season.

The Red Thinker

Feck Lindelaugh.

TsuWave

it kills me every time. The level of shamelessness involved. It has to be Lindelof or a relative behind that account

TsuWave

I'm out of the loop on this one, what does this CL Varane mean?
Raphael Varane seems like a player that has been around forever, which makes it hard to believe that the French centre back is only 28. He has been in and around the French national team and Real Madrid first team since 2012, performing admirably over that period

Because of Varane's success with Real Madrid in the Champions League, he has picked up the (somewhat uninspired) nickname "Champions League Varane" with the French national team. With that same team he has won the 2018 World Cup and made 73 appearances for

Status
Not open for further replies.