Manchester United sign Raphael Varane! (not in time for Leeds)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adcuth

Chelsea had some of their people in Milan to do the media work, which is why they were able to announce their deal sooner. United didn't do that with Varane; they completed all of that yesterday in Manchester. All that's left at this point is the actual announcement and media reveals.
Also, lukaku didn't need to quarantine did he?

ChaddyP

Have we done the "waiting for stock market" joke yet. I have it in my drafts just in case

Adcuth

It kinda is. We’re supposedly introducing a new formation and way of playing. I’ll believe it when I see it, but naturally if that’s the case you need a good preseason to hammer it in. And we’ve had almost none. So yeah, it’s annoying that we agreed deals so fast and yet still couldn’t get the players in. Last season we started badly and Ole blamed it on preseason. If we don’t start well this time, we’re toast. It won’t be like last year. City, Chelsea and Liverpool will all be stronger. Chelsea getting Lukaku is huge. We’d better start strong and with the teams we face we have no excuses. That is the only savings grace. That if they miss the first games we should be able to handle it.
The pre season schedule is a bit weird like. Everton have had less game than us where it seems Liverpool and Leeds had loads. Cant be arsed checking the rest like haha. I doubt many teams have had their first team getting games together though so it shouldn't be too much of a worry.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So where did he do his medical? What was the difference between his and varanes?
He did one part of his medical in Milan and finished it off in England. There's no difference between his and Varane's processes except for the fact that Chelsea did some media work in Milan.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I suspect Varane is not vaccinated then, thats the reason for so many delays.
Varane definitely has one vaccine. The whole France squad got a dose before Euro 2020. The U.K. quarantine rules require that people who aren't double-vaccinated have to quarantine, so it's most likely that both he and Lukaku didn't get two doses.

mobmob

Does anyone remember what time Sanchez got unveiled/signed, that seemed like a 7/8pm announcement? But maybe my memory is failing! But no need to worry think Lindelof would have started anyways! just because of the querentine period, and being out of training for a week, thats probably why they are so chilled about getting him signed!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Does anyone remember what time Sanchez got unveiled/signed, that seemed like a 7/8pm announcement? But maybe my memory is failing! But no need to worry think Lindelof would have started anyways! just because of the querentine period, and being out of training for a week, thats probably why they are so chilled about getting him signed!
6pm. Unlikely we'll announce anything tonight as today has been all about the kit reveal.

Adcuth

He did one part of his medical in Milan and finished it off in England. There's no difference between his and Varane's processes except for the fact that Chelsea did some media work in Milan.
But both were gonna be unavailable for the first game? That's correct isnt it?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Looks like Varane won’t be available for Leeds. Pathetic
He was always going to be on the bench at best if available, and its highly unlikely we use a sub for a CB unless an existing one on the pitch is injured so we weren't going to see him play anyway. Just on the bench wearing a United top.

Anustart89

Are the rules different for British citizens? Thinking if Lukaku’s a citizen that might affect quarantine rules regardless of vaccination status?

klsv

feck it. I'll sign my kid up for the Caf, she'll fit right in, this thread is literally her in the supermarket.

Gets the toy she asks for, then still manages to throw a tantrum because we're not getting home fast enough for her.

Adcuth

I suspect Varane is not vaccinated then, thats the reason for so many delays.
As daft as this sounds, could this be a real thing. If lukaku was double jabbed and varabe wasnt. Would varane have to have his 2nd before being allowed close to the squad?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
But both were gonna be unavailable for the first game? That's correct isnt it?
That absolutely is correct. Lukaku will be available for the second match just like Varane. Also:
As daft as this sounds, could this be a real thing. If lukaku was double jabbed and varabe wasnt. Would varane have to have his 2nd before being allowed close to the squad?
Both Varane and Lukaku have one dose as both Belgium and France were vaccinated before the European Championships. Because Varane quarantined and Lukaku is quarantining in England, they're highly likely to not have taken their 2nd doses.

kirk buttercup

feck it. I'll sign my kid up for the Caf, she'll fit right in, this thread is literally her in the supermarket.

Gets the toy she asks for, then still manages to throw a tantrum because we're not getting home fast enough for her.
was thinking something similar. We are about to sign one of the best CB's in world football and some are being Cry babies because he will miss one match v Leeds. Just enjoy that we have signed two world class players for the season ahead.

Fahad Jawaid

Why has the training pictures dried up, there has been no pictures of either Sancho or Varane training with the squad. I am still hopefully that both will be on the bench for saturday, specially as Sancho has been training for a week and Varane resumed training with Madrid for 2 to 3 days or maybe more before flying to UK. I remember Maguire started the 1st game without having attended any training session with us. However, the major difference was he played all matches in pre-season with Leicester, whereas Varane has not played a single match.

::sonny::

If they don’t announce him in the next days, it means there is a problem (now hidden with excuses)

Adcuth

That absolutely is correct. Lukaku will be available for the second match just like Varane. Also:

Both Varane and Lukaku have one dose as both Belgium and France were vaccinated before the European Championships. Because Varane quarantined and Lukaku is quarantining in England, they're highly likely to not have taken their 2nd doses.
I thank you for actual information based on true knowledge. Don't get a lot if that round here

croadyman

From my point of view I was prepared to be patient until the medical was done but now it is I cannot get the hold up

Goku1983

Just finished a days work and expected to come on here with pages and pages of tweets videos of the announcment and still nothing ? Why are we so slow! :@

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why has the training pictures dried up, there has been no pictures of either Sancho or Varane training with the squad. I am still hopefully that both will be on the bench for saturday, specially as Sancho has been training for a week and Varane resumed training with Madrid for 2 to 3 days or maybe more before flying to UK. I remember Maguire started the 1st game without having attended any training session with us. However, the major difference was he played all matches in pre-season with Leicester, whereas Varane has not played a single match.
Check United's Twitter account for Sancho's training pics. As for Varane, he's already trained with Real Madrid, so it's not like he's really lacking in match sharpness. Regarding his training with us, we'll only find out once United do all of their media presentations.
I thank you for actual information based on true knowledge. Don't get a lot if that round here
No problem. I'm happy to do this as it keeps me informed, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.